Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech therapist for 2 year old - Cork

Options
  • 26-05-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi - can anyone recommend a private speech therapist for a 2 year old in Cork?
    My PHN has recommended we see someone for my DS. We were referred to the public system but there is a 4 month wait which I am not happy with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Has he had a hearing test? Our PHN said to get that done first as the speech therapist would want to rule hearing problems out first.

Our son was also referred to speech therapy and we were told a 4-6 month wait (we're in Wicklow). We took him privately to an audiologist where he got the all clear but they had a list of speech therapists they recommend and we used one from there. We went for one session (my son was 22 months at the time) and it did help loads - just giving us an idea what we were doing right and wrong and how we could help him best. That was 2 months ago and he's talking a lot now. We also got called for our first spHSE eech therapy appointment next week, it's a session for adults only on how to help them, it'll be about 3 months since we were referred.

Advertisement