Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to dial someone's voicemail....

Options
  • 26-05-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm trying to dial a friend's voicemail so she picks up a message in the morning when she wakes up. I am trying the normal method of 087 5 XXX XXXX but instead of hearing her greeting I am getting "please enter your pin phone number followed by #" as if I was remote dialing my own voicemail from a land line.

I've used the 08X 5 prefix before on other numbers to leave someone a message without issue so I am not sure why it is not working here; any one any ideas or suggestions?

Regards

Gg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Ever since the phone hacking scandals, its hit or miss to get to the voicemail using the old '5' prefix.
    I've tried it a few times myself, and it depends on the network/luck of the draw.

Believe me... I remember. I was forever changing friend's voicemail greetings back in the day.

Alas, your milage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Goreygal

Ever since the phone hacking scandals, its hit or miss to get to the voicemail using the old '5' prefix.
    I've tried it a few times myself, and it depends on the network/luck of the draw.

Believe me... I remember. I was forever changing friend's voicemail greetings back in the day.

Alas, your milage may vary.

Lol.. thanks . but I don't want to change her outgoing greeting, or listen to her messages .. just leave her a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yeah, you're out of luck.
    Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

What network are they on? Do they have Voicemail enable?

Maybe try calling hiding your own number or from landline.

Advertisement