Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beard barber in Dublin

Options
  • 26-05-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey guys

In Dublin Sunday to Tuesday and looking for the best place to get a beard trim not looking to get a lot off, just split ends and maybe shaped a bit.

Beard is long so want to go to someone who actually does long beards and not stubble.

Price... I don't care, I like my beard too much to care haha.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Waldorf seems to be the most recommended on here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Waldorf are supposed to be decent.

I've gotten mine done in the Merchants before by a few different people. The best was from the owner (Bernard) as he was trimming to suit the beard i had and the shape of my face..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭davecomedy

Can only recommend one place after trying most of them - beards and barnets
    http://lovelybeards.com/buzzers-beards-and-barnets/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

davecomedy wrote: »

I was just talking to a friend about this place the other day. I'll be dropping by for my next trim....although I'm beardless at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How much for a beard trim? Gotta trim it for an interview; it's gotten "brushy".

• Advertisement

If you plan to go on a Saturday, you need an appointment it would seem. Was getting the bus in, so had no idea when I'd be in :/ When i get my car back, I'll book an appointment maybe.

Went up to Bowlers Barbers, located at the Bleeding Horse pub at half five, but they had closed early as it was quite.

My "usual" Turkish Barber on Fenian Street has a habit of doing the same, so went to Ali's Turkish Barber Shop which did a nice trim of the beard for €4 - but shall be trimming my own moustache next time; t'was uneven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

the_syco wrote: »
    If you plan to go on a Saturday, you need an appointment it would seem. Was getting the bus in, so had no idea when I'd be in :/ When i get my car back, I'll book an appointment maybe.

Went up to Bowlers Barbers, located at the Bleeding Horse pub at half five, but they had closed early as it was quite.

My "usual" Turkish Barber on Fenian Street has a habit of doing the same, so went to Ali's Turkish Barber Shop which did a nice trim of the beard for €4 - but shall be trimming my own moustache next time; t'was uneven.

What's the guys name in Turkish Barber on Fenian Street? Is he back from holidays or has he left? I got a great haircut from him a few months ago. However I was there a couple of weeks ago and the stand in female hairdresser gave me a terrible haircut (I don't like being harsh but it was a terrible unprofessional hair cut).

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What's the guys name in Turkish Barber on Fenian Street? Is he back from holidays or has he left? I got a great haircut from him a few months ago. However I was there a couple of weeks ago and the stand in female hairdresser gave me a terrible haircut (I don't like being harsh but it was a terrible unprofessional hair cut).
    Haven't been for a bit, as a few times he's closed half an hour early :mad: So I'd get there at 19:05 as he's meant to be open until 19:30 - shutters would be down, no-one there.
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    However I was there a couple of weeks ago and the stand in female hairdresser gave me a terrible haircut (I don't like being harsh but it was a terrible unprofessional hair cut).
    Thank feck for letting me know :D Went to Merchants instead, and was pleased with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

the_syco wrote: »
    Haven't been for a bit, as a few times he's closed half an hour early :mad: So I'd get there at 19:05 as he's meant to be open until 19:30 - shutters would be down, no-one there.

Thank feck for letting me know :D Went to Merchants instead, and was pleased with the result.

Well, I chanced the place again (about 4 weeks ago). This time a new guy. A turkish guy but said he was only standing in for the week. When I asked for a scissors cut and he got out the razor I started to panic a bit! However, it ended up being a fantastic cut and was well pleased.

Wonder who I'll get next time :P

Advertisement