Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginning of the end for Roundup?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

jezko wrote: »
    "Roundup" being banned for use by domestic users in NL.

EU wide ban Next?

Not many herbicides out their that does the JOB like Glyphoste.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/netherlands-bans-monsantos-roundup-to-protect-citizens-from-carcinogenic-glyphosate/5451552

It even does the job on Japanese knotweed
    Time to quietly stockup:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Didn't the EU come to some arrangement with Monsanto (manufacturers of Round Up) not so long ago? I can guarantee it is not the end of Round up...maybe a different name at a higher price.

Within the next year or two, I think we'll see the price of herbicides increase by 10-20% and buying more than 1 litre won't be allowed unless a person can supply a serial number which shows they have completed a spraying course. The guy I buy my chemicals from said this to me last year and I didn't really believe him but I'm hearing it from other sources now also. The knapsack course takes 2 days and costs 200 euro (here, anyway). Calibration of a sprayer; wearing PPE and how not to spray herbicide on everything could easily be taught within 2 hours but this is another money-making scam which we'll be forced to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Didn't the EU come to some arrangement with Monsanto (manufacturers of Round Up) not so long ago? I can guarantee it is not the end of Round up...maybe a different name at a higher price.

Within the next year or two, I think we'll see the price of herbicides increase by 10-20% and buying more than 1 litre won't be allowed unless a person can supply a serial number which shows they have completed a spraying course. The guy I buy my chemicals from said this to me last year and I didn't really believe him but I'm hearing it from other sources now also. The knapsack course takes 2 days and costs 200 euro (here, anyway). Calibration of a sprayer; wearing PPE and how not to spray herbicide on everything could easily be taught within 2 hours but this is another money-making scam which we'll be forced to do.

Just to clarify..
    the decision on needing a liscence to purchase a specific chemical will depend on the dept having listed the product as either "Amature" or "Professional", with professional chemicals needing the liscence - training completed to purchase..

They have compiled a list and there is a search function on the website which tells the classification..

Check it out

I also asked them to clarify any expiry of the training, essentially I got a vauge answer that boils down that currently its life long certification but they are reserving the right to revisit this down the road with recertification.

Here is the e-mail address I used. PesticideRegisters@agriculture.gov.ie
    In fairness they respond within a few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

_Brian wrote: »
    Just to clarify..
    the decision on needing a liscence to purchase a specific chemical will depend on the dept having listed the product as either "Amature" or "Professional", with professional chemicals needing the liscence - training completed to purchase..

They have compiled a list and there is a search function on the website which tells the classification..

Check it out

I also asked them to clarify any expiry of the training, essentially I got a vauge answer that boils down that currently its life long certification but they are reserving the right to revisit this down the road with recertification.

Here is the e-mail address I used. PesticideRegisters@agriculture.gov.ie
    In fairness they respond within a few days...

Nanny state gone crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

It been a downhill journey since the arrival of rose clear 2.

Things might go back to the ways of old where people made up their own herbicides and insectecides using the base chemicals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    Nanny state gone crazy.

I agree with some control, but 2/3 days and somewhere from €200-300 in training to use a napsack sprayer is just madness :(:(

Advertisement