Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast in Dublin City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Forgot about Honest To Goodness beside Odessa on Dame Court - good, fresh ingredients and nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

uch wrote: »
    €10.95 for a feckin Fryup :eek: mother of jaysus

If it's top notch it's worth it but for me garlic and herb sausages instantly make it a no no. But jesus wept, look at the rest of the menu!
    Beans of fúcking toast is €8!!
    €7 for Porridge!
    "Boiled egg and soldiers" - €7
    The worst has to be potato farl with egg and bacon for a tenner! And it doesn't say if it includes tea, if not add €2.40 to them all.

Matt The Rashers is the best for me, but outside the city centre on Sundrive Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Outside the city, but the Farm House cafe on the Long Mile is just brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Birneybau wrote: »
    Ann's on Henry Street do great value breakfasts, quality stuff. Sausages are gorgeous.

Went in there today as I vaguely recalled a post on Boards saying the breakfast was good. :)

However the place was smelly and I turned around and left before I even got to the counter. :( Maybe it was just damp clothes due to the weather but no way was I eating anything there today!

http://www.tastefoodco.ie/

My favorite place in the city to go for brekkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Metro Cafe is fecking great. Love that place, particularly the pancakes.

I'd also recommend the breakfast in Eddie Rockets, it's not the place one would immediately think of eating breakfast, but it's lovely.

I used to have breakfast in Eddie Rockets about once a month for years. Huge Irish brekkie with coffee for €8.50 which was a great deal. But then about 3/4 months ago they changed their menu- out went the two sausages to be replaced by a 'sausage patty' about 30% of the size, black pudding got dropped and one of the hash browns too, they were replaced by a cubed potatoes. Its bascially not an Irish breakfast as they took ingredients off and replaced them with cheaper stuff, or else not at all :mad: Havent been back since.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I used to have breakfast in Eddie Rockets about once a month for years. Huge Irish brekkie with coffee for €8.50 which was a great deal. But then about 3/4 months ago they changed their menu- out went the two sausages to be replaced by a 'sausage patty' about 30% of the size, black pudding got dropped and one of the hash browns too, they were replaced by a cubed potatoes. Its bascially not an Irish breakfast as they took ingredients off and replaced them with cheaper stuff, or else not at all :mad: Havent been back since.
    That sounds like they've gone more 'American Diner Style' with thier breakfast. Sausage pattys are rank.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Cienciano wrote: »

Matt The Rashers is the best for me, but outside the city centre on Sundrive Road

Shout out Matt from me. I'll be there on Saturday morning before going into town for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

Ah Yeah, has to be Gerry's........hands down. Just polished one off there about 20 mins ago aswell and it has brought the colour back to my face after a shaky morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Matts is the best I've had. It's not somewhere you'd go for a read of the paper and to relax for awhile though. It quite small and very busy but the food is amazing.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That sounds like they've gone more 'American Diner Style' with thier breakfast. Sausage pattys are rank.

yeah they have. The primary thing on your plate is potato cubes and it now has a hell of a lot less meat on it than before. Its dissappointing as it was always good to know no matter where you were in the city you could have a decent full Irish breakfast for €8.50 in an Eddies. No longer though.

Cienciano wrote: »
    If it's top notch it's worth it but for me garlic and herb sausages instantly make it a no no. But jesus wept, look at the rest of the menu!
    Beans of fúcking toast is €8!!
    €7 for Porridge!
    "Boiled egg and soldiers" - €7

The worst has to be potato farl with egg and bacon for a tenner! And it doesn't say if it includes tea, if not add €2.40 to them all.

:eek: Sounds like the Google/Facebook premium to me, dam kids and their €60k salaries :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah Matt the rashers is great and very reasonable I think, the little shot of OJ always sends it over the edge for me. Out in Dundrum and Blackrock the Newscafe does unbelievable breakfast sandwiches, the pig in a blanket and the breakfast club are brilliant although you wouldn't want to be having them too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Another for matt the rashers here, I travel from north side for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah Matt the rashers is great and very reasonable I think, the little shot of OJ always sends it over the edge for me. Out in Dundrum and Blackrock the Newscafe does unbelievable breakfast sandwiches, the pig in a blanket and the breakfast club are brilliant although you wouldn't want to be having them too often.

+1 for Newscafe in Blackrock, fantastic breakfast rolls made to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Speedsie wrote: »
    Outside the city, but the Farm House cafe on the Long Mile is just brilliant....

Have to try that, I drive past it on the way to Matts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Second Brendans in Smithfield. That batch bread is a joy

Advertisement