Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend adding a lot of weight fast

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do you two have sex? Perhaps you could try witholding sex from her until she realises it is a problem and makes an effort to change.

FFS thats crazy advice!!! and it would be a very nasty and very mean thing to do, the OP said the relationship was good overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

OP sounds very sensitive and really doesn't want to upset his GF and wants advise. This isn't a Health and Fitness forum so the diet advice has no place as he seems to have tried options.

OP can I ask, is it proper weigh that we are talking about here, or vanity? Are you together long?

I know it seems cruel but I do think you will need to speak to her. As you grow less attracted to her your respect for her and they way she treats herself might affect how you feel about her mentally as well as physically. By having a chat with her and being open while reassuring that you love her might be the push she needs to change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

I was talking to a friend yesterday who has gone from 350lbs to 250lbs over the last couple of months. I know 250lbs sounds like a lot but hes 6ft 7 so he looks great now at his current weight. He told me that he has recently looked at pictures taken of him when he was 350lbs and he was shocked. He didnt even notice it at the time. He knew he'd like to be fitter and healthier but he had developed a form of myopia about his weight, he didnt see it because it was maybe so distressing a part of his brain blocked it out.
    OP your girlfriend might be just blocking it all out and doesnt see how big shes gotten. You cant change anyone though, thats her job. But you can look after yourself. I think if you're not attracted to her the way she is then you take yourself out of the game. Its not an ultimatum, you're not threatening her, your just make a decision for you.

Advertisement