Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding venue

Options
  • 27-05-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

My friend found out yesterday that the Sligo hotel she had booked for her wedding (of about 120 people) won't honour the contract, as it will not be open at all the in 2015 (recently bought out of receivership, I believe).

They were hoping to get married in Sligo, as it is mid way between their 2 homes, and they had a particular love for the hotel in question, as a couple. They have contacted most of the hotels that would suit them nearby, but it being a bank holiday, there are none available at this stage.

So good people of Sligo, can anyone recommend a Manor house or similar that could be rented out to throw a party for that many in, or near, Sligo?

Thanks in advance for the help x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMagee

Temple House near Ballinacarrow might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

Thanks TheMagee. I found the Temple House last night, and sent on the details for her to contact them. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

berrecka wrote: »
    My friend found out yesterday that the Sligo hotel she had booked for her wedding (of about 120 people) won't honour the contract, as it will not be open at all the in 2015 (recently bought out of receivership, I believe).

They were hoping to get married in Sligo, as it is mid way between their 2 homes, and they had a particular love for the hotel in question, as a couple. They have contacted most of the hotels that would suit them nearby, but it being a bank holiday, there are none available at this stage.

So good people of Sligo, can anyone recommend a Manor house or similar that could be rented out to throw a party for that many in, or near, Sligo?

Thanks in advance for the help x

Not a manor house, but I had my reception in Enniscrone at the Ocean sands and it was amazing an great value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is this another nod nod wink wink, you know who thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

My sister had her reception at Templehouse. It was really nice and friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

what hotel's not honoring wedding bookings that's as bad as it gets!
    kevinsfort house are hiring the house out, no idea would you do a wedding in it but look it might be worth checking out
    it's on strandhill road 10 min walk from sligo town, you'd need to bring your own catering

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Turns out it was that venue in Sligo that they wanted in particular, so they are checking out city venues in Dublin now instead.

Advertisement