If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair for Onkyo AV Receiver

Options
  • 27-05-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I bought an Onkyo TXNR414 from your Adverts posting here less than 2 years ago.
    Last week it stopped working (no power or any signs of life) and I'm stumped as to how to get it repaired.
    Am i covered by any kind of warrenty with you or the manufacturer? If not, do you offer a repair service or can you recommend somewhere in Dublin?

It's a great Receiver and I've had zero issues with it until it gave up the ghost.

Thanks,

HJ

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Guys,
    I bought an Onkyo TXNR414 from your Adverts posting here less than 2 years ago.
    Last week it stopped working (no power or any signs of life) and I'm stumped as to how to get it repaired.
    Am i covered by any kind of warrenty with you or the manufacturer? If not, do you offer a repair service or can you recommend somewhere in Dublin?

It's a great Receiver and I've had zero issues with it until it gave up the ghost.

Thanks,

HJ
    HJ,

apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Onkyo comes with a 2 year warranty and to be fair we have had very few issues with the 414's - as long as its not any 'external' issue which I'm sure its not Onkyo will repair it for you free of charge.

If you could arrange to get it back to us we will look after it all for you and send it to the UK for the proper Onkyo service agent to sort it out for you.

If you are sending it to us could you include your receipt and a fault description, don't include any accessories and most of all please ensure that its packed for courier transit to the UK - in its original box and packaging is best, but whatever you do it has to be packed as well as poss as we cannot he held responsible for any transit damage on route to us.

Thanks again and drop us a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thanks John.
    Will i send it to the Belfast address?

[font=arial, sans-serif]7 Smithfield Square North, Belfast, County Antrim BT1 1FN, United Kingdom[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the life of me, I cant figure out what's wrong with it. It was on a surge board and no other devices on the board have had any issues. I also changed the fuse in the plug to see if that would resolve it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I'll have a dig around for the box in my attic tonight and get it sent up to you tomorrow.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks again.[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John.
    Will i send it to the Belfast address?

[font=arial, sans-serif]7 Smithfield Square North, Belfast, County Antrim BT1 1FN, United Kingdom[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For the life of me, I cant figure out what's wrong with it. It was on a surge board and no other devices on the board have had any issues. I also changed the fuse in the plug to see if that would resolve it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I'll have a dig around for the box in my attic tonight and get it sent up to you tomorrow.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks again.[/font]
    H,

yep - send it for the attention of Stephen - he looks after service for us and I'll let him know to expect it - if you can mail us the serial number as you are sending it we will have the collection for the UK arranged and everything awaiting its arrival,

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Remember - lots of packaging!!!!!! ( and use a decent courier!):D

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I should have plenty of wrapping at home for it.

Would Parcel Motel suffice as a courier? I've not sent a parcel this size before.

Thanks.

Edit, scrap that, Parcel Motel require a package less than 10KG. Think mine is 12KG.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Edit, scrap that, Parcel Motel require a package less than 10KG. Think mine is 12KG.
    Hi HeeBusJeebus.

You could contact your local DPD depot and see what they would charge.

Hey Kenny, John,
    Package is with Nightline now so you should get it tomorrow (Friday).
    The serial number for the Onkyo is 3565PP5221601276.
    I've included the original receipt and fault description with the item.

Thanks for your help.

HJ.

Hey Kenny, John,
    Package is with Nightline now so you should get it tomorrow (Friday).
    The serial number for the Onkyo is 3565PP5221601276.
    I've included the original receipt and fault description with the item.

Thanks for your help.

HJ.
    Hey Heebusjeebus.

I'll keep my eye out for it arriving and let you know once it has arrived.

Hopefully we can get it repaired and back to you in as little times possible.

Once the repair guys get it and give us an ETA of repair we will let you know.

Hey Kenny,
    Can you confirm you got the package? It arrived around noon according to the courier.

Thanks

Hey Kenny,
    Can you confirm you got the package? It arrived around noon according to the courier.

Thanks
    Hi yes we did receive a 414 in for repair.  We are currently awaiting the service agents to collect the unit this should hopefully be Monday, normal turn around is approx 21 days, as soon as I hear anything I will give you a call

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.