Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldoyle Industrial Estate

Options
  • 27-05-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭

Anyone else report the issues to Fingal council with the change in traffic lights at the junction of Grange Ave and Grange road, coming out of and into the estate?

taking 15 to 30mins to get in and out the estate :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

when morning or evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Both, it seems there's no induction loop for cars turning left out of the estate, and right into the estate from the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

havent noticed (live in the area, not working in the estate)
    what did fingal have to say about it? is it an fault or have they made a change?

Seems to be a bit better today, I know the road into the estate was resurfaced so probably no induction loop installed. Doesn't explain the long wait times to turn into the estate, which seems like it's a 3 light change wait if you are just on the bridge.
    And it's only going to get worse even when all the construction work is finished and you add in a couple of hundred more workers..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Working on a site in there, Tuesday a nightmare getting out, been grand the last 2 days though

• Advertisement

I was in there today , signals were fine.
    Road markings are still wrong (6 years later) so doesnt look like theyve done any resurfacing?

Left lane out has a straight arrow still as can be seen on google maps

There was a stop/go yesterday and a couple of lanes closed so something may have been changed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Anyone else report the issues to Fingal council with the change in traffic lights at the junction of Grange Ave and Grange road, coming out of and into the estate?

taking 15 to 30mins to get in and out the estate :mad:

I had to drive through a red turning left out of the estate this morning.. The junction was madness with cars, vans and trucks backed well back into the estate.

Oh really? Was grand all week.. sounds like something has gone wrong with the sensors again..
    Though I notice a lot of traffic goes into that Gymnastics centre, soccer Mom's in mini-vans dropping off kids to the door instead of making them walk over from the main road... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Soccer Mom's in mini-vans

Wow, since when did Baldoyle descend into some American suburb??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Same again this leaving this morning.

I'm teaching my daughter to drive and using the estate, this morning was her first time to leave the estate and take to the open road.

Waiting at the lights and a lad got out of the car behind us, expecting a row I was prepared to bring his attention to the L plates but he suggested I take over and drive through the red lights "which we've been doing here all week".

So again this morning the sequence forced drivers leaving the industrial estate to break the red lights.. Somethings screwed up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OP did you actually contact the council? In fairness to them they do tend to act fairly quickly on things like this.

Yes a week or so ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Also worth texting Live Drive on Dublin City FM between 7-10am/4-7pm. They are really good at following things up with the relevant councils.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Also worth texting Live Drive on Dublin City FM between 7-10am/4-7pm. They are really good at following things up with the relevant councils.

did that also

Advertisement