Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

• 27-05-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Reportedly starts today, surprised there hasn't been a thread already :)

Last two sales weren't much use if I'm honest, as I'd already acquired most games I wanted. Not holding much hopes for this summer sale, but you never know the odd game or two might crop up .

Don't expect GTA or Witcher to have any major discounts, and nothing else tickling my fancy.

But its the games that go down to sub €10 that really do the damage to your wallet ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I didn't buy too much in the last few, but as realised by everyone, this is because we've all over-indulged in these sales in previous years!

Will try to limit any purchases to games currently on my wishlist, about 30 games or so IIRC. Really want both GTA V and The Witcher 3 but have such a backlog that I'm holding off getting either until they are €20 or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ionapaul wrote: »
    I didn't buy too much in the last few, but as realised by everyone, this is because we've all over-indulged in these sales in previous years!

Will try to limit any purchases to games currently on my wishlist, about 30 games or so IIRC. Really want both GTA V and The Witcher 3 but have such a backlog that I'm holding off getting either until they are €20 or less.

Yeah GTA and Witcher are new releases, I'd say maybe a 10-20 percent off max to bring them in line with other key selling sites. Doubt very much theyd go near the €20 mark, wont be until next year you see those prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Well, do I actually need a food budget anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I won't pick up The Witcher 3 but if The Witcher 2 is reasonably priced, I will buy it, never played any of them.

Will also keep an eye on papers please going under 3 euro :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Barely touched the last 2 sales, so not mad pushed about this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I won't pick up The Witcher 3 but if The Witcher 2 is reasonably priced, I will buy it, never played any of them.

Will also keep an eye on papers please going under 3 euro :)

Witcher 2 was on GOG for less than a fiver last week i think it was.

If you check on isthereanydeal The witcher 2 enhanced edition is 5.99 on Direct2Drive and The Witcher 1 Enhanced edition is 2.39 on Direct2Drive at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

oh yeah it's usually a week or two before e3 isn't it?

I just completely blanked on it this year, will need something special to get me to buy anything.
    The magic isn't there for me anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Playing through Witcher 2 myself atm and really enjoying it. No idea why im only getting to it now but i thought best to try before playing 3 and its turned out to be well worth it.

There are a few games im looking at in this sale,mostly stuff i can hopefully get for under a €10 so shouldnt have to spend that much

EDIT: Just too add to above,Witcher 3 is currently 27% off at €44 on steam atm. Thought it would only 10-15% myself even in the summer sale. It is on kinguin for less than €30 though so still best value on key sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Didn't really go near the Christmas sale this year but will keep an eye out for a few bits and pieces.

Let's hope that doesn't turn into 100 euro worth of bits and pieces :pac:

Shiminay wrote: »
    Barely touched the last 2 sales, so not mad pushed about this one.

Same, but then on the flipside feel that is maybe what they want me to think :D

I'd imagine the Batman games will be going for a great price for anyone that hasn't played them. Got the latest one there for €5 on a sale last few days on steam, (even owning it on PS3)

I guess it will be great for those who dont have games or series like that. But I seem to own them all already haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are you sure it's today as it's not normally on until the end of June going into July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah it seems very early, it's usually on at the start of July.

Seemed to be numerous posts across reddit and the steam forums indicating it was today (Usually 6pm our time I think? )

I might be wrong, but there seemed a pretty large sweep of posts and messages indicating to me its starting today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, that's exactly it Doc, I've got most of what I want or that I feel I've missed.

The only maybe's on my radar atm are Civ Beyond Earth and Borderlands Pre-Sequel and at that, they'd want to be majorly discounted and including all the DLCs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Other sites selling steam games have made the sales not as attractive. I picked up worms clan wars (normally €22) and Sonic all star racing (Normally €20) for €4 each in the humble store sale last week.

Haven't bought anything in the last few sales, one of the few games I'm eager to get is Of Orcs and Men but that's currently in a bundlestars bundle so once I get my new card and pin I'll be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

My first Steam sale, and on my birthday. Come on discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

jaxdasher wrote: »
    My first Steam sale, and on my birthday. Come on discounts.

happy birthday!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oblig Gaben vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Myrddin wrote: »
    Oblig Gaben vid

Yeah. Poor show from OP. Really not up to scratch as previous Steam Sale threads.

Kinda like the Steam Sale will likely be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

First steam sale in about five years this is going to be fun! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it offically starting today? Seems kind of early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I don't think it will start today. It normally starts late June. Unless, this is a sneaky tactic by Valve because everyone is due to get paid tomorrow...

I'm not so sure now, along with the early morning wave of message and posts about "todays start of sale" there is now a flurry of them saying "Sale wont be until July"

I might have been had :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's why I was surprised. It's usually start of July which keeps the Summer & Winter close on 6 months apart from each other, never remember one being this early.

I doubt the summer sale will start now...

But hey I found this, its better than nothing for today. Shadow of Morder and 18 DLC for 20 euro

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

I remember the sale was on during e3 last year, dunno what july is aboot, eh

I have failed you

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    I have failed you

You ought to be outlawed from these here fora for a year and a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

awkward...

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Incorrectly predicting a Steam sale?

3639294+_7ec85a597297b2931c0e968cb640966f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,398 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

May graben smite you and let all the flash sales you vote for fail

How to spot a steam sale:

1. it's always a thursday
    2. the daily deals always end at unusual times

Is there more to add to this list/is it accurate?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    How to spot a steam sale:

1. it's always a thursday
    2. the daily deals always end at unusual times

Is there more to add to this list/is it accurate?

You hear a faint groaning over in the corner of the room, & upon investigation...all you can find in that spot is your wallet?

• Advertisement

the animals start stampeding

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

more rumours for June 11th and someone has posted when the previous sales have been

2015 - Jun 11 - Jun 22 - Summer Sale???
    2014 - Dec 18 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
    2014 - Nov 26 - Dec 2 - Exploration Sale
    2014 - Oct 30 - Nov 3 - Halloween Sale
    2014 - Jun 19 - Jun 30 - Summer Sale
    2013 - Dec 19 - Dec 2 - Holiday Sale
    2013 - Nov 27 - Dec 3 - Autumn Sale
    2013 - Oct 29 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
    2013 - Jul 11 - Jul 22 - Summer Sale
    2012 - Dec 20 - Jan 5 - Holiday Sale
    2012 - Nov 21 - Nov 26 - Autumn Sale
    2012 - Oct 29 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
    2012 - Jul 13 - Jul 23 - Summer Sale
    2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale
    2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
    2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
    2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 10 - Summer Sale
    2010 - Dec 20 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
    2010 - Oct 28 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
    2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 4 - Summer Sale
    2009 - Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holiday Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Reportedly starts today, surprised there hasn't been a thread already :)

Last two sales weren't much use if I'm honest, as I'd already acquired most games I wanted. Not holding much hopes for this summer sale, but you never know the odd game or two might crop up .

Don't expect GTA or Witcher to have any major discounts, and nothing else tickling my fancy.

But its the games that go down to sub €10 that really do the damage to your wallet ! :D

and my wages just came in today.....dear god they are clever b******s!

EDIT: Only noticed the steam sale starting now is wrong...my money is safe....for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Laviski

Skerries wrote: »
    more rumours for June 11th and someone has posted when the previous sales have been

appear to be right
    PC gamer posted that the sales will start on the 11th.

http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-summer-sale-to-start-june-11/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Soon™ :)

350762.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Deleted a few posts there folks.

I know you're not looking for a way to get cheaper games, but discussion of any methods of bypassing regional restrictions isn't allowed here i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Kiith wrote: »
    Deleted a few posts there folks.

I know you're not looking for a way to get cheaper games, but discussion of any methods of bypassing regional restrictions isn't allowed here i'm afraid.

Apologies, I hadn't thought about that. Simply didn't want to miss out (again) on buying games while out of the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I got a few games I'm hoping for Borderlands GoTY (was down to 9.99 earlier but I'd want it cheaper because I don't have time to play it atm), the latest Batman game GoTY (game is selling for 2.99 but the DLCs add up way too much) and a few others but with my Kickstarter games and previous sales I don't see myself busting even 50 EUR limit :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So since we have time to wait whats on our wishlist? Also can you play Fallout 3 with windows 8.1 on steam? I have a friend who said it wouldn't work on win7

I need to add some sport and racing games to my collection so hope NBA and F1 get a good reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I have a friend who said it wouldn't work on win7

I play it on Windows 7 with no issues. Your friend will probably need to get the unofficial patches from Nexus.

Nody wrote: »
    I got a few games I'm hoping for Borderlands GoTY (was down to 9.99 earlier but I'd want it cheaper because I don't have time to play it atm), the latest Batman game GoTY (game is selling for 2.99 but the DLCs add up way too much) and a few others but with my Kickstarter games and previous sales I don't see myself busting even 50 EUR limit :/

I got the latest Batman two weeks ago from steam for a fiver. Unsure if the DLC is with it. Have it on PS3 it means I now have them all on PC, and want to do playthroughs.

Will hopefully pickup some of the DLC on the cheap

Fallout3 I have for donkeys in my steam library, unsure of the edition though. Might pickup a GOTY ed or something as I'd say it will be very popular in the summer sale

I got the latest Batman two weeks ago from steam for a fiver. Unsure if the DLC is with it. Have it on PS3 it means I now have them all on PC, and want to do playthroughs.

Will hopefully pickup some of the DLC on the cheap

Fallout3 I have for donkeys in my steam library, unsure of the edition though. Might pickup a GOTY ed or something as I'd say it will be very popular in the summer sale

You broadcast?

OK this is my first Steam Sale, I only have a small amount I can spend on PC games. Right now there are awesome sales going on outside of Steam. Is it definitely worth more to wait for the Steam Summer sale than other stores right now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement