Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

If you have a 5 euro limit on buying a game DLC doesnt count right? Sure the reviews say it's nearly a game all by itself! *adds kingdoms of amalur collection to cart*

Isnt warband meant to be the best mount and blade game? I have the first one but as usual havent played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Links234 wrote: »
    The ones I mentioned last night, Valkyria Chronicles and Wolfenstein: The New Order. I'm just saying that today I have no regrets and it could've been much worse! I was there saying to my girlfriend "The steam app is seriously dangerous" and she asked why, I showed her. :pac:

It could've been seriously worse, because I had thought of adding Child of Light and Valiant Hearts to my basket as well. Valiant Hearts is still tempting me tbh.

I got VC too, giving it a shot tonight to pass the time until the next reset of steam sales tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Do I really want Hotline Miami 2? I really enjoyed the first Hotline Miami and the sequel is on my wishlist... I am just afraid that if I buy this it will open the floodgates as I have yet to purchase anything in the sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Falthyron wrote: »
    Do I really want Hotline Miami 2? I really enjoyed the first Hotline Miami and the sequel is on my wishlist... I am just afraid that if I buy this it will open the floodgates as I have yet to purchase anything in the sale...

My cheapskate inkling is to wait for another sale or external key sale where there's a greater discount. :o

Turtwig wrote: »
    My cheapskate inkling is to wait for another sale or external key sale where there's a greater discount. :o

That would be the sensible choice, but there is nothing sensible or logical about a Steam Sale. :pac:

I have a few hours yet to decide... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Isnt warband meant to be the best mount and blade game? I have the first one but as usual havent played it yet.

Mount and Blade is all about the mods, Warband has most of the mods. Still the best horse combat in a game. No sign of M&B 2 any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The Old Blood is actually 34.4 gb of a dl! Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seems I bought Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal last night for €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm mostly decided.

Witcher 2
    Tomb Raider Legend
    Cities Skylines (but I'll wait to see if it gets cheaper)

But the big dilemma is Final Fantasy VII or This War of Mine? I can't afford both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Falthyron wrote: »

From what i've heard it's not great. Just more of the same from the original.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

kowloon wrote: »
    Mount and Blade is all about the mods, Warband has most of the mods. Still the best horse combat in a game. No sign of M&B 2 any time soon.

Thats that bought then along with amalur

When Installing warband I found out I have fire and sword. Dont remember ever buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Thats that bought then along with amalur

When Installing warband I found out I have fire and sword. Dont remember ever buying it.

I got it too, played it a little bit before going straight back to Warband. I played more of the Floris mod for Warband than I did Skyrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hotline Miami 2 will probably get cheaper. I'd bet it'll be in a humble bundle by the end of the year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Is "This War of Mine" any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Witcher 2 in the bag, Witcher 3 came free with my 980, this is great tbh, should have bought a gaming rig years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Thargor wrote: »
    Witcher 2 in the bag, Witcher 3 came free with my 980, this is great tbh, should have bought a gaming rig years ago.

Welcome to the fold! PC Gaming allows old games look Next Gen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just got Wolfenstein The Old Blood! Loved this series since playing Wolfenstein on an old IBM !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Really tempted by GreyGoo,i much prefer slower paced RTS games. Still a bit pricey though,might be better to wait till winter sale.

Dear on the keysellers in comparison to steam atm as well.

Still have not picked anything up yet,im mostly after smaller/older games this year but none of the ones ive wanted have poped up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Bought Don't Starve + Reign of Giants and the Metro Redux Bundle. Very happy with those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hmm, Valiant Hearts still onsale until 6, thinking of snatching it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Miss You, Sir are Being Hunted :( One of the only games I actually wanted.

Will probably pick up Kingdoms of Amalur, any reviews on it?

Budget of €25 because I'm poor, so have to give Wolfenstein a miss too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spent the last 20 minutes trying to guess my Steam password, it signed me out earlier and if I had just reset the password it would have restricted the account for a while.

Not really a complaint as I rather the safeties were there, but just a pain in the ass.

Varik wrote: »
    Spent the last 20 minutes trying to guess my Steam password, it signed me out earlier and if I had just reset the password it would have restricted the account for a while.

Not really a complaint as I rather the safeties were there, but just a pain in the ass.

My Da buys tags for the cattle online, and the sign in is using your Herd Number, which is tied to your address, so there's literally no way fraud can occur, its like someone hacking into your steam and buying the games you want and nothing else.

But anyways, the site only gives you three attempts to type your password before it locks it, and you've to ring them up to unlock it.

Now that is a pain in the arse.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Miss You, Sir are Being Hunted :( One of the only games I actually wanted.

Will probably pick up Kingdoms of Amalur, any reviews on it?

Budget of €25 because I'm poor, so have to give Wolfenstein a miss too :pac:

Played Kingdoms of Amalur on consoles, really good game, if you like the likes of Skyrim or Dragon Age then you should grab it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Is there still a Steam forum somewhere on Boards for card swaps etc?

I went and bit the bullet on Valiant Hearts

Keep getting an error on steam now, two PayPal accounts and two credit cards giving an Unexpected Error :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Keep getting an error on steam now, two PayPal accounts and two credit cards giving an Unexpected Error :(

I had that buying GTA a while ago, even steam wallet credit wasn't working. If you wait an hour or two it should just fix itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

first steam sale for me (well first that im interested in)

Bought metro redux bundle
    la noire and the guild bundle :)
    can't wait to see whats next :D

• Advertisement

Worked on the next go :pac: Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nothing interesting today for me that i dont already own :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

That's a hell of a chunk off the Borderlands pre-sequel thing. I got about 200 hours combined out of BL1 and BL2, is PS worth it?

Seriously want The Evil Within at some point, but I may skip it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Seriously want The Evil Within at some point, but I may skip it for now.

Wait for the GOTY edition since there is one more story DLC to come I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

They put Counter Strike as a daily deal but never gave it a discount that wasn't already there... I don't see why it's not 75% off anymore it used to always go on sale at that price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TheChrisD wrote: »
    That's a hell of a chunk off the Borderlands pre-sequel thing. I got about 200 hours combined out of BL1 and BL2, is PS worth it?

Tempted too, the problem is that I know I won't play it for ages, so I may wait. It's a good deal though.

I did pick up The Wolf Among Us. Big fan of the Fables comics, and I've been waiting for the Steam version to drop to a fiver!

They put Counter Strike as a daily deal but never gave it a discount that wasn't already there... I don't see why it's not 75% off anymore it used to always go on sale at that price..

Maybe a deterrent to hackers and smurf accounts? It is well known that after a Steam sale, there is a spike in hackers appearing in competitive matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Picked up Besieged and Cities Skylines. Bought something every day so far but pretty much all stuff i planned to buy anyway. Hopefully shouldnt be buying much for the rest of the sale now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

50% off Shadow of Mordor, but it's still €25 vs €10 on kinguin.

Edit: Steam's price is for GOTY edition, so it actaually compares to €17 on kinguin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

85% off Prison Architect seems to be the best deal of the day, if you don't have it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If there's anyone who doesn't already have Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, get it.

It's the best €2.29 you'll ever spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cities skyline, tomb raider thank you very much.

Is prison architect finished yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any football manager players here?

Haven't got one in a few years.
    The reviews for 2015 are mixed. Anyone else played it?

It's 66% off at the moment. 18 quid or so.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Wait for the GOTY edition since there is one more story DLC to come I think.

Is there? I thought it was all out now

Woohoo!! Cities Skylines is on the Daily Deal 18.75 euro. That's good enough for me!

Mezcita wrote: »
    Is "This War of Mine" any good?

I watched someone on youtube play an early access of this and it did look good. It's getting good reviews too. I'm torn between this one and FFVII!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got Cities Skylines there at 33% off.

Happy with my haul so far and unless I see something exceptional im done.

Wolfenstein is incredible by the way

Yeah, could be a while before I get to play Wolfenstein, 40.7GB :eek:

Sunless Sea is one I'm really interested in playing at some point, looks fantastic, but I don't think it'll be this sale.

Oh, and I checked The Evil Within, all the DLC is out and the season pass is 9.99. So it would be 24.98 for the whole thing. Seriously tempted, it's one I've really been itching for, but I can wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Yeah, could be a while before I get to play Wolfenstein, 40.7GB :eek:

Sunless Sea is one I'm really interested in playing at some point, looks fantastic, but I don't think it'll be this sale.

Oh, and I checked The Evil Within, all the DLC is out and the season pass is 9.99. So it would be 24.98 for the whole thing. Seriously tempted, it's one I've really been itching for, but I can wait.

42gb for Shadows of Mordor, I'm about 1/3 way through download so far...:D

I have no self control...:o I just bought these with some of my holiday savings:

Cities: Skylines
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    The Witcher 2
    Final Fantasy VII
    This War of Mine

Now to cancel what little social life I have for the next year or so! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nice one, that game looks great. Right up my alley. Seems to have elements of Expeditions conquistador to it!

Will get it in sale fo sho.

Watch a Let's Play or two of Sunless Sea to see what you think. I enjoy the game enormously but it does have its flaws and it's not for everyone. Combat is quite cumbersome and I found the learning curve fairly steep at first - the game has permadeath (you can turn it off if you want) so my first few captains' deaths caused a lot of rage. A lot of the guides are based on the beta so the easy ways of making money have been nixed, but that's a benefit to be honest because trading isn't the point of the game, it's just to give you enough to pay for your fuel, supplies and crew so you can explore.

I've been playing for 30-40 hours and I really get the impression that I could sink dozens more hours into it before I start to feel like I've experienced everything it has to offer. And they're also working on an expansion with submarines!

• Advertisement
Advertisement