Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shadow of Mordor isn't a particularly good deal but the season pass for a fiver is fairly decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I shamefully bought the Jurassic Park game (telltale)... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I promised myself I would only buy a couple of games this time round. Got the 2 new wolfensteins and salt so far....Hoping ARK and Dirt rally go down some more. Have over 100 games in steam now.......doubt I'll ever get to play them all......but can't help buying more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

chrislad wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor isn't a particularly good deal but the season pass for a fiver is fairly decent!

Yeah, I was hoping the Season Pass would come down in price. Picked it up! Just need to get a new controller and I am good to go!

Has anyone seen the bollixology that is the Borderlands:Pre-Sequel Season Pass price? What a joke! I hear 2K are pretty bad for that kind of stuff.

Just waiting on the Dying Light Season Pass to come down now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

The Borderlands:Pre-Sequel Season Pass was €8 in the mac store 2 weeks ago, so definitely wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Thanks for the chivalry: medeival warfare tip, ill definitely get it.

I know this is a bit off topic but im on hardwareversand picking out a cpu,
    can someone please tell me what the difference is between core i7-box and core i7-in-a-box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Thanks for the chivalry: medeival warfare tip, ill definitely get it.

I know this is a bit off topic but im on hardwareversand picking out a cpu,
    can someone please tell me what the difference is between core i7-box and core i7-in-a-box?

Link? Think you mean trayed vs box, the tray doesn't come with the stock fan if you're adding a third party immediately

Edit* Think its just a poor translation, the same CPU doesn't seem to be listed as both versions from what I can ses

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

moesyzlak wrote: »

Yeah they're different CPUs, its a translation error. The K version can be over clocked, which is the difference.

Is Chivalry worth picking up? A good few of the latest reviews are totally slating it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah they're different CPUs, its a translation error. The K version can be over clocked, which is the difference.

Is Chivalry worth picking up? A good few of the latest reviews are totally slating it

A couple of years back it was terrific fun to play. Terrific being an understatement. Not sure how it is now and have no intention of downloading it :p

I can't see how it could have gotten worse, but who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Links234 wrote: »
    Seriously want The Evil Within at some point, but I may skip it for now.

Check out Greenmangaming every so often. I've seen it for about €15 there before.

Turtwig wrote: »
    A couple of years back it was terrific fun to play. Terrific being an understatement. Not sure how it is now and have no intention of downloading it :p

I can't see how it could have gotten worse, but who knows?

Maybe just the multiplayer. Worth a punt at €2 I suppose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Some tempting deals out there, but I'm holding firm at the moment.

What are the rest of ye waiting/hoping for? I'd like to see Invisible Inc. appear in the daily or flash sales. Don't think my PC could actually handle anything more demanding than that really. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Cities Skyline added, one less game on the wishlist.

Really enjoying Hitman Absolution so far, graphics and game-play both really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I just load it up every now and then and just play a quick offline battle, one shotting lads with a lance is great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

From Steam : Bought Legend of Grimlock (1&2) bundle, Chivary, and Homeworld Remastered collection (feeling nostalgic :D )

From other site (kinguin.net) bought Valiant hearts (for only €2.67) and Shadows of Mordor premium edition (for €16.43).
    Got last 2 from that site due to better value than steam.

Having a problem installing Valiant hearts though. You get the cd key and have to download uplay installer & register the code there, but steam doesn't recognise code as a valid format and I'm pretty sure you also need steam to run it.

Anyone experience this? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mezcita wrote: »
    Is "This War of Mine" any good?

bought it this evening for something to do, still playing it - it's pretty decent :)

It's a UPlay code surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

chrislad wrote: »

Better deal on bundlestars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Mezcita wrote: »
    Is "This War of Mine" any good?

Yes, very. But it is a game that will genuinely depress you, and have you question your morality.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »

I got the GOTY edition from kinguin for €16.43 it includes all the DLC :D

It's a UPlay code surely?

Yup seems to be a Uplay code, but when I attempt to launch game through uplay, steam pops up (i heard some sort of 'ringing-bell' announcement noise), a window also pops in steam (in the flash of an eye briefly) saying 'scanning for steam updates' and it takes me to Valiant hearts in the store as if I'm supposed to purchase it again. :confused:

So can I play it without steam or direct from Uplay instead or not? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I got the GOTY edition from kinguin for €16.43 it includes all the DLC :D

Vanilla for €9 on G2A is probably a better deal. DLC isnt essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, doesn't look like I'll be playing Wolfenstein any time soon, I went off playing Bioshock again and steam had paused the download >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Being very selective this time out. Just been Wolfenstein: The New Order and Valkyria Chronicles so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah, doesn't look like I'll be playing Wolfenstein any time soon, I went off playing Bioshock again and steam had paused the download >_<

You can disable that feature. Steam pauses downloads for certain games automatically.

I was considering adding Wolfenstein to my library, but I noticed they have i7 processor listed under minimum reqs. Seriously?? So my i5-3570k isn't sufficient to run the game properly?

I was considering adding Wolfenstein to my library, but I noticed they have i7 processor listed under minimum reqs. Seriously?? So my i5-3570k isn't sufficient to run the game properly?

It'll be more than enough, not all i7s are made equally, its a nonsense statement that you need an i7.

Yeah I'm running an i5 as well, the minimum specs for Wolfenstein are apparently bull**** and loads of people saying they're running with max settings on i5.

Turtwig, how do you disable that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

^Yeah I ran it fine on a dual core.

@ Links View->Settings->Downloads
    Tick box for allow downloads during gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

3570K ftw :D

Got the 'Brains' achievement on 3DMark with my one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads have any of you played any of the sherlock holmes games?

Hmm, Blackguards looks interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I finished it on ultra settings using an i3 and a 280X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I can get a key cheaper on Kinguin but Watch Dogs. Worth it? I read the vehicle controls are a bit weird for pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Haven't gone for anything yet (important keyword there! :P) Tempted by Cities: Skyline but was hoping for a bigger discount on it. Wishful thinking! Still sometime to consider it and would bet she will probably appear later given the current popularity of the game. Trying to justify the outlay versus finding time to play it at the moment.

So far been good. Few things have popped up that are on the wishlist that I have managed to hold the trigger off on at the moment. Keep telling myself time is a factor I don't have between work and a return to part-time college in the Autumn.

Don't think that resolve will last for long! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

titan18 wrote: »

Yup, which is why I said it wasn't a particularly good deal :D

They don't have the season pass by itself, so for those to already have the game, it's a good buy. I played the Hunt DLC on the PS4, but haven't played Bright Lord yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Very tempted by the Sunless Sea, anyone recommend it yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

VinLieger wrote: »
    Very tempted by the Sunless Sea, anyone recommend it yay or nay?

It's good, but veryyyy slow gameplay and text heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lone Stone wrote: »
    It's good, but veryyyy slow gameplay and text heavy

Thanks, watching some lets plays now, have till 6pm tomorrow to decide anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

marko93 wrote: »

Have no shame ,in your game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

marko93 wrote: »

Yeah! let's get ready to
    punch some raptors!

(seriously though, i love this game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I bought it too, it's not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Dair76 wrote: »
    Some tempting deals out there, but I'm holding firm at the moment.

What are the rest of ye waiting/hoping for? I'd like to see Invisible Inc. appear in the daily or flash sales. Don't think my PC could actually handle anything more demanding than that really. :o

1429037342_success-kid-meme-lg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Blackguards Bundle - 1, DLC & 2 for €7.49 is a really good deal.

Enjoyed Blackguards 1 anyway... Looking forward to a game of Blackguards 2!

• Advertisement

Right, I think I'll set myself a challenge. I won't buy The Evil Within right now, I'll wait until the encore at the end of the sale. My goal is to finish at least another game or two by then, and only then will I get it.

I've already finished the main story in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and playing through the Blade Wolf DLC so that counts as one finished. My goal is to try and not add to the backlog, so in order to buy more I have to play more of the games I already have. I've also been taking a good break from Payday 2 because that was taking over my playtime of other games I could be playing.

hehe, playing the first Grimrock at the moment, oldschool and fun dungeon crawler, but even lvl 2 is tough enough already! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Grimrock is a great game. I'm 18 hours into Grimrock II, you can't beat a bit of old school dungeon delving.

On a Walking Dead binge at the moment so was looking into some zombie games and remembered about Project Zomboid so was checking out the price. Just noticed that the next Steam unlock is a zombie RPG survival. Very rarely do the Steam Gods and my immediate gaming wants align, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its worth tossing them 50 cent for all the work they put in, and the laugh you'll get from the video even if you never play it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

God damn steam sale :(

GTA IV and DLC and it came with Liberty City Stories.
    Shadow Warrior
    Hitman Absolution
    Max Payne 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement