Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well, it's all academic now, Payday 2 friend just bought The Evil Within for me :eek: Insanely kind of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

^Are they looking for more friends, by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Thargor wrote: »
    Its worth tossing them 50 cent for all the work they put in, and the laugh you'll get from the video even if you never play it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/

The video gave me a good laugh. 4-pack purchased. Keep an eye on the Steam Gifts thread 😀

The first purchase is the hardest so now that that's out of the way who knows what I'll end up buying. Dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thargor wrote: »
    Its worth tossing them 50 cent for all the work they put in, and the laugh you'll get from the video even if you never play it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/

SOLD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hitman folk how does absolution hold up? :)
    Links234 wrote: »
    Well, it's all academic now, Payday 2 friend just bought The Evil Within for me :eek: Insanely kind of them.

Ahh payday that's what I'm chasing now. :D Both literally figuratively and gamely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Turtwig wrote: »
    You can actually play quite a bit of it by killing very few people, going really sneaky sneak through the level.

Or you can go rambo, and make sure no-one leaves alive. Oh, and you'll be looking for bins to hide the bodies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm playing through Hitman 2 so I'd assume anything newer would be fine, the first is very dated though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Finally broke and got Prison Architect, Watch_Dogs and Cities:Skyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

titan18 wrote: »
    Finally broke and got Prison Architect, Watch_Dogs and Cities:Skyline

2 great choices, the other you will regret even buying in a sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

VinLieger wrote: »
    2 great choices, the other you will regret even buying in a sale

To be fair, €12 for Watchdogs is very decent. The game is good. It may not be the brilliant open-world GTA titan that we hoped it would be, but there is a lot of content, some very nifty mechanics, and an interesting concept. It isn't broken, it isn't riddled with micro-transactions, and it isn't a bad game. It just isn't special and, unfortunately, it is a victim of Ubisoft's overzealous marketing department and the hype-train.

• Advertisement

Subjective, I normally love open world games but I thought it was crap on PS4, got it as a gift so couldn't even complain about having paid, it was just boring. Aiden was so edgy it was laughable, gave it up after an hour

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I didn't enjoy it myself, not a scratch on Blood Money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

5uspect wrote: »
    I didn't enjoy it myself, not a scratch on Blood Money.

I loved Blood money when I played it years ago. brilliant game, Have Absolution to play but it's been on the long finger. First i have to finish Metro 2033 and Batman Arkham city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Absolution isnt very good, the option to go loud is there on every mission and for some reason I didnt like that. You should be punished when you make an arse of something not given the option to go loud and its grand.

Thanks guys I'll stick with the fond memories of Blood Money. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is that the cheapest the evil within is gonna be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The price for any game that is a daily deal is the lowest it will get for this sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Road Redemption i s8 quid anyone know if the MP was added?

is that the cheapest the evil within is gonna be?
    Yup, and cheapest I've seen it at on Steam, previously it went for €19.99 in sales. It's a pretty massive discount for a game that was only released last October too, so definitely the cheapest we'll see it until they bring the overall price down or there's a GOTY edition.

Think I'm gonna snap up the DLC for it later too, €9.99 for the season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just saw The Borderlands Pre-Sequel Season Pass bundle is like 22.49euro, surely that's got to be a bargain... Hope it gets put on the last day of sale again might just snatch it then...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Road Redemption i s8 quid anyone know if the MP was added?

Damn you, I read that as Red Dead Redemption. I was like they done a PC port.

I succumbed to Bordlands 1+2, Chivalry and Orion

I succumbed to Bordlands 1+2, Chivalry and Orion

Were they the GOTY editions? You made a good choice anyway. Many hours of game time.

Were they the GOTY editions? You made a good choice anyway. Many hours of game time.

Not sure. It was the double pack.

I didn't Borderlands 2 GOTY it seems.

It's the Borderlands 1 GOTY and Base of Borderlands 2. You'd thing they'd have thrown it in when they're selling the GOTY for €2.50 more than the base game anyways, can't complain I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

<3 Crypt of the Necrodancer. A pitch perfect implementation of the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

New games look interesting! I'll wait for the prices to update this time!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250400/

This game is an absolute bargain right now!!!

Has anyone anything decent to say about Fable Anniversary? I loved the original back on the Xbox back in the day. Reviews on this seem mixed, but seem to be patched. I just added it to my wishlist today and it's only 7.99 now. Banner Saga is also tempting.

Is any of the Alien: Isolation Season Pass DLC story related or is it all challenge maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Civ 5 complete for a tenner, yes please. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

chrislad wrote: »
    Has anyone anything decent to say about Fable Anniversary? I loved the original back on the Xbox back in the day. Reviews on this seem mixed, but seem to be patched. I just added it to my wishlist today and it's only 7.99 now. Banner Saga is also tempting.

Is any of the Alien: Isolation Season Pass DLC story related or is it all challenge maps?

Last I saw it looked like It was made with a controller in mind. I played the original recently and looked fine except for the faces.

I have been after Transistor for a while, and that's a damn good price, but I still haven't gotten around to playing Bastion so I don't think I'm gonna go for it, at least not yet.

Last I saw it looked like It was made with a controller in mind. I played the original recently and looked fine except for the faces.

I do have the original but I wouldn't mind playing a remastered version. I do have two days to think about it as I've only 25 left of my budget (and yes, I will be sticking to that!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bought Blackguards 2, Civ BE and How to Survive today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just picked up my first purchase,Insurgency. Been looking at it for awhile now,at less than €4 figure its worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

chrislad wrote: »
    I do have the original but I wouldn't mind playing a remastered version. I do have two days to think about it as I've only 25 left of my budget (and yes, I will be sticking to that!!!)

Suppose with the new refund system you can try it out and see if you like the changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ooo Alien Isolation there at a good price. Afraid I have enough already from this sale.

Unless GTA gets a real discount I'd say I'm done. Bought enough that I'll struggle to finish by Winter sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

do people think that homeworld remastered will drop better then 45% off?
    it can be got on g2a for 15

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Civ 5 complete for a tenner, yes please. :D

Turtwig: "Oh! Perfect, I'm getting that then."

*Turtwig already owns the complete collection.*

Happens every sale. :o

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bought Blackguards 2, Civ BE and How to Survive today.

Hope you went for the franchise pack in case you didn't already own Blackguards 1 or Untold Legend as they are both the same price and you appear to get more with the franchise bundle..

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just picked up my first purchase,Insurgency. Been looking at it for awhile now,at less than €4 figure its worth a go.

Great game. Not your typical shooter at all. You can sort of run and gun in it. It's not recommended and when you play with players who actively camp the game is actually more tense and fun. Can't say that for many shooters. Insurgency is an acquired taste of sorts. Some servers have people who play run and gun mode still. Imo, that's the worst way possible to experience the game. Playing it slow*, methodically and cooperatively is an unbelievably immersive experience.

*I say 'slow' but things can still be pretty fcking frenetic!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Insurgency ,highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone still play COD 4/MW2? Thinking of picking one of them up, but wondering if they're still littered with hackers/modded lobbies? Don't want to get a VAC on my record :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hope you went for the franchise pack in case you didn't already own Blackguards 1 or Untold Legend as they are both the same price and you appear to get more with the franchise bundle..

I did, yeah. I already have Blackguards 1 but got the Takate DLC in the bundle.

dunworth1 wrote: »

Yeah, it was on a Daily Deal the first day, if you wait until the last day there will be an Encore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Turtwig: "Oh! Perfect, I'm getting that then."

*Turtwig already owns the complete collection.*

Happens every sale. :o

That's why Endless Legend exists...

Right, so I grabbed The Evil Within DLC, and *BAM* that's another 16.3GBs! :eek: 2 hours about to download...

I've probably downloaded well over 100GBs of stuff already, UPC must be freaking out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Links234 wrote: »
    I have been after Transistor for a while, and that's a damn good price, but I still haven't gotten around to playing Bastion so I don't think I'm gonna go for it, at least not yet.
    Great price for a great game. Bastion took me about eight hours to complete the first time around (and I'm pretty slow) so if you're looking to clear a game in order to buy a game you could get Bastion off your list no bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So happy i didn't pull the trigger on Grim Fandango the other day :D

*also, what's the consensus on early access games? I'm looking at The Forest and Interstellar Marines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dunworth1 wrote: »

It was daily deal first day for 60% it will come back around before the end or for the encore

Advertisement