Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I bought Brothers a tale of 2 sons on the 11th for 2,99 its now on flash sale 1,49, i have not installed it yet so was going to get a refund for it and buy again
    does it take long for the refund to go thru? so i can get it at the cheaper price?

edit- I sent the refund request it even had an option that says its cheaper now. Its gone to their customer support now so i hope does not take long or i will miss out on the flash sale price.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I haven't gotten any cards from the game for the last 3 days :mad: Have played 2 games to the level 300 boss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shiminay wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any cards from the game for the last 3 days :mad: Have played 2 games to the level 300 boss.

Is it not one as soon as you start the game, and a second at level 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Spear wrote: »

Yes you get a max 3 per day, no idea how to get the 3rd yet... I preferred the voting system.. It felt like we had more of a choice.. The unlocks games have been crap so far.. This is probably the worst steam summer sale I've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Yes played both Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches and really enjoyed them.
    Links234 wrote: »
    Yes. The Knife of Dunwall, and The Brigmore Witches are story DLC. I've not completed them but they add a good bit more content.
    chrislad wrote: »
    It's supposed to be quite good. I've been thinking about this for a while, so I'm just going to pull the trigger on it!

Seems those 2 are pretty decent and would cost me 10 euro on sale. Guess thats another game bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

pogcica wrote: »
    I bought Brothers a tale of 2 sons on the 11th for 2,99 its now on flash sale 1,49, i have not installed it yet so was going to get a refund for it and buy again
    does it take long for the refund to go thru? so i can get it at the cheaper price?

edit- I sent the refund request it even had an option that says its cheaper now. Its gone to their customer support now so i hope does not take long or i will miss out on the flash sale price.

It takes up to a week to confirm the refund and also up to a week to get the refund... Have gotten 3 refunds now and it took about a week to get each of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hmm, not really anything for me today it seems. Shadow Warrior is one I'd like at some stage, but already got a FPS in Wolfenstein this time round. Still tempted to get Remember Me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate for €4.39!

Great deal for a great RPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Found a few cheap hidden gems;

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - €1.49 (90% Off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux - €0.99 (90% Off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225160/

Deponia - €0.99 (95% Off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/214340/

1954 Alcatraz - €0.99 (95% Off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/255280/

Port Royale 2 - €0.79 (80% Off)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/12470/

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Hoping Kerbal Space Programme is the space, exploration, eductional game for the monster game discount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Spear wrote: »

I think cause I was playing on a web browser it doesn't seem to have registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Picked up 5 Nights at Freddies because it was only 99p and I Am Bread because....well i dont know why but i've heard it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

How to Survive
    Castle Crashers
    Transistor
    Alien Isolation
    Dragon Age

so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Y'know...iv'e gotten
    Spore,
    Darwinia,
    Outcast,
    Grim Fandango
    and Another World

and i think i'm done, weirdly enough. I budgeted for €40 and only ended up spending half of it, but nothing is jumping out at me

...yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

nnngh
    getting "This payment method is currently unavailable for use. We are working to resolve the issue. Please select another payment method for your purchase and try again." whenever I try and buy anything now , thats with paypal (which is working as I made a payment later on today) and CC (not linked to paypal).
    Cant find a mention of it much online and not to do with the sale so it must be account based ..
    nnngh!
    aha
    found a fix hidden away for this
    http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/618463738381794220/#p2
    basically any 0 euro free dlc can cause this.removing it fixes.bizzare but it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so far i have spent 37 euro... i have gotten a ton of bargains thank you pc gaming... i also still have 63 left on my 3v card that i budgeted for the sale ;)

Burnout paradise for a little over a quid. I'm having that.:)

The hilarious thing about the sale is seeing games that are already "In Library". When did I buy Mafia 2 and Burnout Paradise?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

The hilarious thing about the sale is seeing games that are already "In Library". When did I buy Mafia 2 and Burnout Paradise?!

You likely got Mafia 2 for free for voting in the game of the year awards on GMG a while back and you probably got Burnout Paradise in the Humble Origin Bundle when that was out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

project zomboid good? Sounds/looks promising.

I played the demo, wasn't much of a fan. Dunno how much has changed since I played it, so I'd say try the demo first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yes and it's improved tons since being in Early Access. You can play with friends as well and try survive the apocalypse together, scavenging, building bases etc

antichamber is only thing standing out for me today as a must buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

antichamber is only thing standing out for me today as a must buy

That's in the Humble Bundle with a load of other excellent games at the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cravez wrote: »
    Yes and it's improved tons since being in Early Access. You can play with friends as well and try survive the apocalypse together, scavenging, building bases etc

I love that this is like a genre now, my nerd is shining through. I've been asking for these kinds of games for so many years.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I'm actually faffing about considering getting a refund for Valiant Hearts, I've played a bit of it and tbh I'm not taken with it at all, at least not yet. I got as far as the zeppelin chase part. So I'm wondering should I keep playing and see if it gets any better, or get a refund for it, because if I keep playing I won't be able to refund it.

Anyone who owns the game, does it get better?

the long dark looks amazing.. anyone think it will go cheaper than that though?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the long dark looks amazing.. anyone think it will go cheaper than that though?

It won't, it's a daily deal so that's the lowest it will go. Will most likely go lower in the next sale though ;)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It won't, it's a daily deal so that's the lowest it will go. Will most likely go lower in the next sale though ;)
    **** lol so tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Far Cry Franchise. Never played it. Anyone mind providing a brief summary and recommendation/avoid?

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Turtwig wrote: »
    Far Cry Franchise. Never played it. Anyone mind providing a brief summary and recommendation/avoid?

Thanks. :)

FC3 hell yeah! Absolutely loved this game. Haven't sunk my teeth into Blood Dragon but I've only ever heard really really positive things.

FC and FC 2, I wouldn't really go back to personally. Far Cry 2 drove me bloody mental with the Malaria.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Blood Dragon is a great laugh, Michael Biehn and 80's sci-fi references, what's not to like?

Ok, that's a go on Far Cry 3. What about it's sequel: Far Cry 4? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

wouldn't bother with FC, very dated looking at this stage. I'm quite enjoying 2 though so far.

Ok, that's a go on Far Cry 3. What about it's sequel: Far Cry 4? :)

When it comes to taking bases out, use a bow and arrow for extra laughs. Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

marko93 wrote: »
    When it comes to taking bases out, use a bow and arrow for extra laughs. Good luck with it :)

Or use an elephant..even more laughs

Or use an elephant..even more laughs

( if you go for FC4 that is :P )

So be honest, has anyone else spent more time on that silly monster game than on any of the games they got during the sale? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Links234 wrote: »
    So be honest, has anyone else spent more time on that silly monster game than on any of the games they got during the sale? :pac:

/hangs head in shame, and slowly raises hand

*rings bell* Shame! *rings bell* Shame!

• Advertisement

Hmm, not a whole lot I'm interested in today apart from Doorkickers. Looks like a lot of fun.

130% of Mircosoft Flight Simulator X:pac:

Edit: Payday! Booyeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

130% of Mircosoft Flight Simulator X:pac:

So bad they are paying you to take it :D:D:D

So bad they are paying you to take it :D:D:D

Ah hold on now a moment. Flight Sim X was a brilliant simulator. You're confusing it with Mircosoft Flight. Unless of course they made the Steam Edition an embarrassment? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've been wanting to try FFXIII for ages. I've heard good and bad things. Feck it, I may as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Ah hold on now a moment. Flight Sim X was a brilliant simulator. You're confusing it with Mircosoft Flight. Unless of course they made the Steam Edition an embarrassment? :(

twas a joke, the front page price was -11.99 (yes that is a minus) I have the non steam version but I doubt they nerfed the steam version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So another game on my wishlist is up on sale now,or the franchise is anyway,street fighter.

Ive had Ultra Street Fighter IV on the list for awhile,should i just be looking at Street Fighter IV though and forget the Ultra version?

Seems IV is better reviewed that Ultra IV

twas a joke, the front page price was -11.99 (yes that is a minus) I have the non steam version but I doubt they nerfed the steam version.

I get jokes I swearz. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Purchases so far:

The Witcher 2
    Watchdogs
    The long dark
    Wolfentein the old blood
    Stranded deep- refund sought
    Metro 2033 redux
    Metro last light redux

Not a bad little sale.

Now let's see what I put up on the Steamgifts page in the next week or two!

• Advertisement

Bit bizarre with the Total War deals today. Rome 2 and dlc is 75% off but the older games are only 50% off.

Advertisement