Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Bit bizarre with the Total War deals today. Rome 2 and dlc is 75% off but the older games are only 50% off.

Yeah, that's pants. Maybe they want you to buy the Master Collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So yeah, after long consideration I decided to ask for a refund on Valiant Hearts :o It's meant to be amazing but the gameplay just did not grab me at all, it felt boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Just picked up spelunky for 2 or 3 quid.

Deus ex collection for 6.59, ive never played it before but i will now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

and i bought the boxed version of Flight Simulator X in CEX for €15 two weeks ago! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't recommend Grow Home enough folks, an absolute pleasure to play and was sadly neglected at release. At four quid, it's a steal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

and i bought the boxed version of Flight Simulator X in CEX for €15 two weeks ago! :(

What do you think of it?

Have a Hotas X i could use for it so considering it seeing as its under €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Shadow of Mordor downloading, picked it up with all DLC for 20 quid from BundleStars. Hat tip to erkifino for the link!

EoinHef wrote: »
    What do you think of it?

Have a Hotas X i could use for it so considering it seeing as its under €5

quite good, bit of a steep learning curve but you'll pick it up soon enough. I took off from Shannon and landed in Galway airport before driving cross country to Mayo because i forgot where the hotkey for the breaks were. I wouldn't go near this game without a stick of some sort though, mouse/trackpad controls are horrific.

Well worth it for a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gonna pick up Sleeping Dogs and Total war rom 2 tomorrow. Is there much difference between regular sleeping dogs and definitive edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

after being swept up on FF7 remake hype I've just gotten final fantasy 7 + Valkyrie chronicles for about €16.44 great value.

• Advertisement

quite good, bit of a steep learning curve but you'll pick it up soon enough. I took off from Shannon and landed in Galway airport before driving cross country to Mayo because i forgot where the hotkey for the breaks were. I wouldn't go near this game without a stick of some sort though, mouse/trackpad controls are horrific.

Cheers,just bought it there. Hopefully the Hotas X will be up to the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dammit you just made me buy it.

I was always interested in these type of games just not very good at them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

door kickers looks good. and contagion looks excellent too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Didn't spoil myself in the manner I did last year but I did get 2 games I've always wanted to get but never wanted to pay full price.

Wasteland 2 (with a free copy of Wasteland 1 - probably will never download it)
    South Park: Stick of Truth (never got to finish it on Xbox 360 so now is better time than ever for me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

South Park: Stick of Truth (never got to finish it on Xbox 360 so now is better time than ever for me)

I'm thinking about getting that South Park game only thing that is holding me back so long is the turn based combat system. I prefer running over to someone and pressing butting(real time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cheers,just bought it there. Hopefully the Hotas X will be up to the job.

If the hotas x isn't up to it maybe the excuse u need to go x-55 ;)

cadete wrote: »
    If the hotas x isn't up to it maybe the excuse u need to go x-55 ;)

Ive been keeping an eye on Logitech G27 prices recently with the newer models comimg soon as id love to pick one up so a flight stick upgrade is way down the list but an X-55 would be pretty sweet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm thinking about getting that South Park game only thing that is holding me back so long is the turn based combat system. I prefer running over to someone and pressing butting(real time).

There is a bit of button pressing. It's not turn based in the way that the earlier Final Fantasy games were. Pressing buttons in sequence and in time results in stronger attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

How much is the South Park game at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

chrislad wrote: »
    There is a bit of button pressing. It's not turn based in the way that the earlier Final Fantasy games were. Pressing buttons in sequence and in time results in stronger attacks.

You saved me. I couldn't put the game's style into words at all. Brain fart
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    How much is the South Park game at the moment?

€17.99 until 22nd June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

antichamber, and grow home bought last night

grow home seems a little shallow, but entertaining enough.. bit of an impulse buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mordheim has been on my wishlist for a good while. Has anyone here played it and if so do you recommend?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

baldurs gate 2 and realmyst tempting

Hmm, quite a decent bit in the flash sale. I've been meaning to get Gone Home for ages, and I'd be lying if I said Devil May Cry isn't tempting me. Oh, and War for the Overworld? In fact, couple of things on the daily deals are really interesting me, Elite: Dangerous and The Talos Principle, just not at that price. Skull Girls and Doorkickers still tickling my fancy also.

All in all, this is a seriously good sale so far ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm thinking that's as low as Talos principle will go for a while outside grey sites. Supposed to be a lot of playtime in it.

Links234 wrote: »
    Hmm, quite a decent bit in the flash sale. I've been meaning to get Gone Home for ages, and I'd be lying if I said Devil May Cry isn't tempting me. Oh, and War for the Overworld? In fact, couple of things on the daily deals are really interesting me, Elite: Dangerous and The Talos Principle, just not at that price. Skull Girls and Doorkickers still tickling my fancy also.

All in all, this is a seriously good sale so far ;)

I bought that a while back. Is it playable?

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm thinking that's as low as Talos principle will go for a while outside grey sites. Supposed to be a lot of playtime in it.

Oh I'm not expecting it to go down any more this sale, just thinking maybe next year's sale I'll get it. ;)
    I bought that a while back. Is it playable?

I'd assume so! Did you buy it in Early Access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hey no graphics card, but this is an older game. Anyone any idea if this has any chance of working on my setup. i5 3210m 2.8Ghz, 6GB ram, Window 7 home premium, Intel on Board Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Looking at this

Broken Sword 4 - the Angel of Death

Requirments
    System Requirements
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: Pentium
    Memory: 64 MB RAM
    Graphics: Any video card with 64 Mb video RAM
    Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
    Sound Card: Any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picking up the 4 CK2 expansions I don't have, other than that not much Im feeling today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No prob id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Supreme Commander II for €3, mine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

VinLieger wrote: »
    Picking up the 4 CK2 expansions I don't have, other than that not much Im feeling today

Same here.

Oh I'm not expecting it to go down any more this sale, just thinking maybe next year's sale I'll get it. ;)

I'd assume so! Did you buy it in Early Access?

Probably around a year ago when I played it. It was a train wreck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hey no graphics card, but this is an older game. Anyone any idea if this has any chance of working on my setup. i5 3210m 2.8Ghz, 6GB ram, Window 7 home premium, Intel on Board Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Looking at this

Broken Sword 4 - the Angel of Death

Requirments
    System Requirements
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: Pentium
    Memory: 64 MB RAM
    Graphics: Any video card with 64 Mb video RAM
    Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
    Sound Card: Any

You're above the min, should be five

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Gunpoint is a great little game at a very cheap price on the current flash sale, folks.

Any thoughts on Dust?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm hoping Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires hits flash or daily deal. €35 is the cheapest it's ever been but since I already have the normal Dynasty Warriors 8 wouldn't mind a 50% discount :P

Dair76 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Dust?

I enjoyed it a lot for all of the 2 hours I played it, really must go back and play more of it, it's very fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

You're above the min, should be five

Lack of the video card was the only thing that concerned me. But I figure the game is old enough that the onboard graphic would have sufficed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I enjoyed it a lot for all of the 2 hours I played it, really must go back and play more of it, it's very fun.

It's one of the games I bought in the last sale and installed but never played :o I'm taking inspiration from you, Links, and trying to get a few of my games cleared. But Sunless Sea is calling to me all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lack of the video card was the only thing that concerned me. But I figure the game is old enough that the onboard graphic would have sufficed.

You'll be able to run most older games or Indies grand

• Advertisement

anyone played Republique remastered? It looks interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is the first steam sale since xmas 09 that I haven't brought anything :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is the first steam sale since xmas 09 that I haven't brought anything :O

This is the first day since yesterday that I haven't bought anything. :o

I haven't bought anything since Sunday I think :D

This is actually the most I've bought in a Steam sale for a while, but I'm still kinda trying to stick to my "Am I sure I'm gonna play this immediately?" more or less, there's quite a few things I've passed on because I asked myself that and the answer was no. Although I'm still slightly sorry I didn't get Remember Me, I really want to play that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Napoleon Total War, Supreme Commander II and Planetary Annihalation all in the bag, got a very nice collection built up here and I dont think Ive gone over €75 yet...

I've spent about €40, I've set myself a budget of €50 this time round, so still got wiggle room if anything else pops up I want.

Have had Gone Home sitting in my Steam list unplayed since it came out and decided to install it a few days back. Started it this afternoon and almost instantly fell in love with it, it's quite simply the most impressive game that I've played in years, a beautifully told story that is hands down the most visionary and original title in many years.

Nothing particularly tempting today for me personally, but if you've not already got it, Banished is an absolute steal for that price so grab it. It's also not on the main page, but Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a hidden daily deal and going for €4.99 so well worth snapping up, it's gloriously fun.

Giving serious consideration to grabbing Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is Skyrim legendary edition worth it for 10 or should I just go for the standard game at 3.75?

• Advertisement
Advertisement