Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

I've managed to not spend a cent in the last 4 Steam sales and I'm pretty bloody pleased about it. Nothing to tempt me so far in this one either

Antichamber has to be the most fun game I bought so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

don ramo wrote: »
    grabbed these for 60 quid

Skyrim legendary edition
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Bioshock triple pack
    Dishonored
    Brothers-A tale of 2 sons

for my gameplaying time i probably just purchased 4 years worth of games,

easily 600 hours of gameplay there, enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I spent 96 cent in total :)

so far I have spent €30 but for that I have 26 games and some dlc

I bought a few things I wanted
    Lichdom: Battlemage
    Killer is Dead
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    Alien: Isolation - Season Pass

and the rest were all cheap games that were on sale to add to my collection :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Cannot recommend Mark of the Ninja highly enough, especially at that price. Definitely get the DLC as well. It adds an extra level and an extra non-lethal playing style, as well as (optional) developer notes throughout the game explaining why they made certain decisions or anecdotes about how they came up with certain things. Very interesting insight to an indie studio.

I've sunk 40 hours into it so far and I still go back every so often because it's really fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ditto on Mark of the ninja. Excellent game! Controller is a must.

I bought blacklist for €30 before the sale (now €7.49). Does that mean I can apply for a refund for the differences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

Mark of the Ninja is excellent alright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Valkyria Chronicals - 4.99

That's it... I'm not overly impressed when for example they had Borderlands 2 GoTY as special daily deal for 14.99 and the day after it's down for 9.99. Many of the games I'm interested in are showing up as more expensive (at their special discount) or the same discount as the weekend sales etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah it's a great price. Can't remember but think that maybe even cheaper than I paid for it in Alpha!

IIRC it was €25 for Alpha, €35 for beta and then full price then once released.

I've been playing some Arma 3 a bit more recently, King of the Hill is a great gamemode!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My haul so far

Sniper Elite 3
    Enslaved
    Witcher 3
    Cities:Skylines
    Besiege
    I Am Bread
    Five Nights at Freddies
    Burnout Paradise
    Rise Of Nations
    Black Sea Colonies and Wrath of Sparta DLC for Rome 2
    Grow Home
    Irish paint jobs DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 coz why the hell not?

I've been a bit more disciplined then normal. Any game i spent more than 5 quid on was something i had planned to buy and will play soon. Any impulse buys have only been around 2-4 quid. Though the good news is i got a £50 credit to my paypal account last night which i'd been waiting on so thats gone into my steam wallet and will cover me for the rest of the sale. The damage to my bank account has ended :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No joy with this. Purchase went through but nothing has been showing up in my folder for steam. I tried to launch it from where it was showing in purchases after I had downloaded steam. Nothing happened. After restarting steam, there is not even a record of it in my purchases. Money has come from my account however. Hopefully I have a confirmation number in my email, as I was unable to print out the order confirmation on account of not having a printer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't bought anything since day 1, but will pickup the following later.

Rome 2 Emperor Edition
    Mark of the Ninja
    Final Fantasy 7 (which i weirdly don't own already)
    Talos Principle
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
    Planetary Annihilation
    Banished.

Was Xenonauts cheaper then €14.94? Want to get it, but not sure if that's as cheap as it goes.

Kiith wrote: »
    Was Xenonauts cheaper then €14.94? Want to get it, but not sure if that's as cheap as it goes.

It was about €11 the other day in flash sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

nesf wrote: »
    Ah! €200 makes a lot of sense then. I'm around €120 but I'm "buying for two" after getting my son into PC gaming.

Now I'm really agonising over Pillars of Eternity, CoH II Ardennes and Planetary Annihilation... :/ I'm after talking myself out of Offworld Trading Company because it's Early Access so far ;)
    I have PoE and all i can say is the combat leaves alot desired. I've stopped playing it because it's so bad.

PA i've heard is buggy and doesn't play great. (Working on a sphere as opposed to a flat surface)

My total so far is €24.50

BattleField 4
    Alien Isolation
    FFVII (bought mostly using steam wallet from selling cards. Cost me less than €2!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I bought Civ: Beyond Earth, Blackguards 2 and How to survive for a grand total of €28.06.

Not paid till the 25th so will probably miss out on anything in the sale from here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Haven't bought much this year. I only have a linux laptop so the choice is more limited but still decent. I got the Talos Principle for myself and I am bread for fiancée.

Other than that I'll probably pick up Civ Beyond Earth if it goes below €15. If not I'll wait for the next sale.

Just picked up Talos Principle. Considering how much I love Portal and now Antichamber, seems like a bargain. What other games are similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Rise Of Nations
    what a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Cravez wrote: »
    IIRC it was €25 for Alpha, €35 for beta and then full price then once released.

I've been playing some Arma 3 a bit more recently, King of the Hill is a great gamemode!

me and a bud play KOTH regularly, what server you play on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Is Ultra Street Fighter IV likely to see any more of a price drop than 40%?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I have PoE and all i can say is the combat leaves alot desired. I've stopped playing it because it's so bad.

PA i've heard is buggy and doesn't play great. (Working on a sphere as opposed to a flat surface)

My total so far is €24.50

BattleField 4
    Alien Isolation
    FFVII (bought mostly using steam wallet from selling cards. Cost me less than €2!)

Interesting, I'd heard good reports about PoE's combat and most of the negativity about the story. PA's been improving fairly steadily from what I hear and eh, RTS pickings are slim and the boy wants a new one to play skirmishes with.

me and a bud play KOTH regularly, what server you play on?

I use the WS Launcher to download the mods and join the servers. I try join the Veteran ones that have First Person only most of the time but exactly sure which server. Depends on if I can even get in as they are so full all the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

erkifino wrote: »
    what a game!

I had a disc copy years ago and really enjoyed it. Couldnt say no at just under 4 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Battleblock Theatre - 1.49euro bargain... If you enjoy Castle Crashers you should get this game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,399 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ori at €12 was hoping for a bit more off but thats so tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Battleblock Theatre - 1.49euro bargain... If you enjoy Castle Crashers you should get this game..

Is it like castle crashers? Have it downloaded on my XB1 but haven't even touched it yet. I liked castle crashers tho :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Titan Souls is a definitely purchase, and i might get Ori as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Is it like castle crashers? Have it downloaded on my XB1 but haven't even touched it yet. I liked castle crashers tho :)

Not really like it but it's by the same makers and the game itself I rate as more fun co-op than Castle Crashers... Played co-op with a mate when I got it and we ended up spending a few hours on it laughing at most things... Makes me want to get back to playing both Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theatre :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

Spec Ops: The Line €4

Get it. Even if you've only a passing interest in FPS it's worth it for the story arc. Starts off as so many other modern FPS, Gung Ho Elite troops going into Arab territory, then subverts everything to the point you as the player are asking Am I a good guy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

^Worth it for the story, but it's a 3rd person shooter rather than an FPS.

FTL is an absolutely brilliant game! Get it folks.

ANNO 2070 is excellent but it's a very niche acquire taste: economy simulator. You can build an army and go into combat but most of the time you try it you'll probably find yourself going broke very quickly. Put simply, affording a military navy is very fcking hard! The person with the best economy will usually have the best military and rarely the other way around.
    The majority of the game is about trade, resource extraction management, supply route security, city building and planning and exploration. It's well worth a shot for someone looking for something different. Absolutely superb game imo. Keep in mind learning the ropes takes about 12 hours. Can't say I found the learning portion of the game boring. If needs be there's some excellent tutorials on youtube.

Ditto on Spec Ops. Not a brilliant shooter but as story and setting go it's exceptional. Only thing I didn't like about it was certain
    "morality"
    moments are actually on rails. If you had the freedom and autonomy to make -
    let's face it what are pretty obvious mistakes if you play a tactical shooter seriously
    - then the impact of the game's strongest moments would likely have been a whole lot better and a lot less forced.
    Simply put there's a rule that you don't bomb something without proper target ID. The game doesn't actually let you progress though without hitting the trigger. It'd have been so much cooler if some players who weren't trigger happy actually avoiding the slaughter of civilians and others who were that bit more gung ho were felt to feel terribly remorse. Anyway, it is what it is.
    Great game nonetheless.

I think I want Hand of Fate.

infested Planet looks like fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You know, I bought Spec Ops: The Line last year and still haven't gotten around to playing it yet :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

No Kerbal Space Program :(

Links234 wrote: »
    You know, I bought Spec Ops: The Line last year and still haven't gotten around to playing it yet :o
    That's how you do the Steam Sales. :)
    Krusader wrote: »
    No Kerbal Space Program :(
    It'll be there before the end of the sale, I'm very confident of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Saints row II is 3.69 on gog. would that be considered the best of the series?. Also, still no change on fallout 3 GOTY... Must be patient:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Also, still no change on fallout 3 GOTY... Must be patient:)

Still waiting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭abbir

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Saints row II is 3.69 on gog. would that be considered the best of the series?. Also, still no change on fallout 3 GOTY... Must be patient:)

I preferred Saints Row III. The PC port of II had some problems but I think they're fixed in the GOG version.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't think there's anything really tempting me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh great, Ark is on sale. For the same price its been for the last week :(

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think there's anything really tempting me today :(

Anno 2070 you know you want to. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Well, with Life is Strange, I'm officially done.

Built my first proper PC in about ten years a few months back. Things got very, very ugly.

Skerries wrote: »
    infested Planet looks like fun

I like it as a "I've 10-15 minutes to kill" kind of game.

Edit: Actually Gemcraft is a pretty solid Tower Defense game for those who enjoy such.

for those of you on the fence for Dishonored this kill run should tempt you

I bought Splinter Cell Blacklist prior to the sale for €30. It's now worth €7.49. Applied to Steam for a refund less than 10 minutes ago. Refund approved. :) No funds returned yet, but the heck do I care? Bought it again for €7.49
    Time to buy even moar games! XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

One of my favourite games from 2012, it well worth the price for GOTY... It's one of those games where you can actually play the way it was advertised.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Anno 2070 you know you want to. :P

Nah, thanks for trying to tempt me, but it's not gonna happen. The amount of stuff on my wishlist that I've just passed on already is too damn high. :pac:

That was impressive as hell! :eek:

But it's also worth noting that you can complete the game without killing anyone, it's one of the rare games that does that.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid to watch that Dishonoured video. Prefer going in blind. Not knowing what to fully expect. :)

Love the sound of not having to kill anyone. I love games that let you do that as much as possible. :)

The only question for me now is whether I can keep my expenses to under €250 for the entire sale. :o

Advertisement