Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Turtwig wrote: »
    The only question for me now is whether I can keep my expenses to under €250 for the entire sale. :o

Just do what I did. Accidentally spend all your money and not leave any left over for food. I don't have the problem of going over €100 as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so the batman games worth it for 5 euro each?? have not played any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yes, they're great games! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

They often go for far cheaper. They're great games, but could be got for much cheaper on steamtrades etc if you want to save some cash. For example batman origins was a Euro on nuuvem a few weeks ago.

Tinie wrote: »
    They often go for far cheaper. They're great games, but could be got for much cheaper on steamtrades etc if you want to save some cash. For example batman origins was a Euro on nuuvem a few weeks ago.
    night check g2a so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Dark Knight eh?

Batman-Impostor1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Skerries wrote: »
    for those of you on the fence for Dishonored this kill run should tempt you

Both times i've played through Dishonored i've gone for a stealthy low chaos approach. That looks a hell of a lot more fun.:D Think i might have to go for a high chaos kill everyone approach next time.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Dark Knight eh?

Batman-Impostor1.jpg

lol

tbh i am a huge fan but i thought the games would be badly done and ruin batman for me.. my fave batman was the earliest one tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Imo Asylum is the best. It's a bit like the Original Metroid Prime. The Map suits almost perfectly. City is a bit too big. Don't get me wrong. City is more fun, in its own ways. I just felt Asylum for novelty factor and tight knit level design was much much better for the main campaign and overall Batman-esque immersion experience. :)

Origins are probably best ignored for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Picked up my third purchase today,spec ops the line. Between that,insugency and microsoft flight sim x totals about €14 spent so far!

Still have a few quid for the encore left,not sure ill get anything though. Pretty happy with the above and bar maybe checking out insugency for a bit i wont get to play any of them till i finish the Witcher 2 anyway. I was tempted by cities skylines and spin tyres,was hoping for bigger discounts on them though. Finally have a night off work tomorrow as well so quite possible they will get drunk purchased:)

Reckon ill play spec ops after witcher to give me a little break from Witcher till i move onto 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Up to €23 now. Bought Total War: Rome 2! Think that's it for big purchases now..might pick up a few small things from now to the end

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm afraid to watch that Dishonoured video. Prefer going in blind. Not knowing what to fully expect. :)

Love the sound of not having to kill anyone. I love games that let you do that as much as possible. :)

The only question for me now is whether I can keep my expenses to under €250 for the entire sale. :o

Just bear in mind that the game lets you be very very inventive with the various mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Decided not to buy anything in this sale. Figured if there's anything I want to play, by the time I get around to it it'll be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

The Talos Principle & Rayman Origins added

Sheesh, this is turning into a bit of a spend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

This War of Mine is fantastic but it makes me feel like a terrible person :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Fakman87 wrote: »
    This War of Mine is fantastic but it makes me feel like a terrible person :(
    I depressed myself just reading the thread on it where people describe what happened in their games so I decided to skip it. The consensus seems to be that even if you "win" the game, everyone still loses :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Maybe I won't play that so. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd still like to check it out, even if it is depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I'd definitely recommend checking it out and deciding then if you want to continue playing it.

Even though it is depressing I'm finding it strangely addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Thank fúck for Steam refunds :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I only need 2 cards to craft the sale badge. I need Blitzkrieg and Cerulean Carmouth. I have duplicates of some of the others. Any one fancy a trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I only need 2 cards to craft the sale badge. I need Blitzkrieg and Cerulean Carmouth. I have duplicates of some of the others. Any one fancy a trade?
    I have Cerulean Carmouth and I need Dominic, Dansky and Dire Frog.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have Cerulean Carmouth and I need Dominic, Dansky and Dire Frog.

Just sent you a trade offer with Dansky in it. Still need Blitzkrieg for anyone who would be so kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just sent you a trade offer with Dansky in it. Still need Blitzkrieg for anyone who would be so kind.

I have a few spare Blitzkrieg if you want one. Need Cerulean, Sigmond, Dire Frog, Z-Lo or Gold Helm but any spare you have will do.

farna_boy wrote: »
    I have a few spare Blitzkrieg if you want one. Need Cerulean, Sigmond, Dire Frog, Z-Lo or Gold Helm but any spare you have will do.

I can give you Sigmond or Dire Frog. I've a spare of both of those.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlmightyCushion/

That's my profile add me and set up a trade for which ever of the two you want.

Edit: Just sent you a request there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

ANNO 2070 is excellent but it's a very niche acquire taste: economy simulator. You can build an army and go into combat but most of the time you try it you'll probably find yourself going broke very quickly. Put simply, affording a military navy is very fcking hard! The person with the best economy will usually have the best military and rarely the other way around.
    The majority of the game is about trade, resource extraction management, supply route security, city building and planning and exploration. It's well worth a shot for someone looking for something different. Absolutely superb game imo. Keep in mind learning the ropes takes about 12 hours. Can't say I found the learning portion of the game boring. If needs be there's some excellent tutorials on youtube.

Sold! Thanks for making my mind up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Banished is on sale for about a fiver. Excellent little Sim builder.

Have also Picked up Warhammer 40K2 and Deus Ex Human Revolutions. Coming in at around €20 altogether so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there a bonus for getting the sale badge?

Steam name: davsheep

Need: Dominic, Sigmond, Crusta-Sean, Dansky, Dire Frog.

Have dupes of: Bob, Cerulean Carmouth.

• Advertisement

I am slightly tempted to get Infested Planet, looks like an awful lot of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Links234 wrote: »

Dude your appetite for games is incroyable!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That game looks great fun indeed, steal at the price. Blasting stuff and building stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Patser wrote: »
    Spec Ops: The Line €4

Get it. Even if you've only a passing interest in FPS it's worth it for the story arc. Starts off as so many other modern FPS, Gung Ho Elite troops going into Arab territory, then subverts everything to the point you as the player are asking Am I a good guy?

Saw that mentioned a few times in the thread, picked it up there.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dude your appetite for games is incroyable!

No I'm... isn't?

Wait, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

incroyable :D

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »

I got it and enjoy it. Nice and simple action RTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got that a few months ago, didnt enjoy it much tbh, it's not bad, it's just not great either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just saw Rayman Legends in the flash sales. Best platformer in recent years imo. Absolutely excellent game. It runs fairly decently on my laptop too. Only experienced slow down in one level. (Musical level with a guitar playing and you're jumping on Dragons.) Apart from that it mostly runs smoothly. The soundtrack, level design and challenges are all brilliant. It's one of those rare games I've played with smile across my face practically the whole time. It's not an easy game by any means either! If you like the platformers genre you owe it to yourself to try this game.

In case anyone needs extra convincing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I picked up Arma 3 in the sale. Had meant to purchase it for a long time but never got around to it. Jumped at the opportunity when it went on sale though.

What's Evolve like? Anyone play it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Dammit.

Got Alien Isolation, but discovered I don't have DirectX11 compatible graphics when I tried to play it.

Just need a new laptop now to play the game I got cheap ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just saw Rayman Legends in the flash sales. Best platformer in recent years imo. Absolutely excellent game. It runs fairly decently on my laptop too. Only experienced slow down in one level. (Musical level with a guitar playing and you're jumping on Dragons.) Apart from that it mostly runs smoothly. The soundtrack, level design and challenges are all brilliant. It's one of those rare games I've played with smile across my face practically the whole time. It's not an easy game by any means either! If you like the platformers genre you owe it to yourself to try this game.

Rayman origins is €2.49 too which is the cheapest it's been. I didn't bother with legends myself because I don't feel like dealing with the double layered DRM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

What's Evolve like? Anyone play it?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

The low user MetaCritic score of 43/100 speaks volumes, as does the steam reviews.
    For that money Ark: Survival Evolved would be a better bet, even though
    it's an early access game.
    Also, Evolve has 500 players playing now vs 45,000 playing in ARK according to Steam.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    incroyable :D

My appetite isn't incroyable, I'm quite restrained when it comes to Steam sale. In fact, the amount of games I've passed on that are on my wishlist is pretty long, I'm steadfast in resolve to not add too much to the backlog. On this I am incorrigible. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really, really enjoying Wolfenstein at the moment which is weird because I just couldn't get into it on the Xbox One. I think some games are just more suited to playing on PC with a mouse and keyboard. Having to pick up every piece of ammo and armour manually doesn't bother me nearly as much as it's much less frustrating to get in the right position to do so than it is with a controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Playing Borderlands The pre Sequel at the min, brilliant game like the first two. I remember a few months ago someone said it was like a DLC(That's what held me back so long, but seen it and season pass on sale I decided to get it) it is nothing like a DLC feels like a full game to me. tbh feck boards I'm going back to play it now.

Does anyone have spare Dire Frog and/or Cerulean Carmouth cards be interested in trading, I have multiples of all the other bar Dansky and Blitzkrieg

Does anyone have spare Dire Frog and/or Cerulean Carmouth cards be interested in trading, I have multiples of all the other bar Dansky and Blitzkrieg

Have Cerulean, if you need it. Need Crusta Sean or Sigmund. 'davsheep' is the steam name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Picked up Apotheon on the cheap, not really a fan of the whole retro side scrolling thing but it plays nicely, the art and design is where its really at though, based around the art you'd find on greek pottery, its simple and gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Going to grab Fallout 3 & New Vegas GOTY editions.

Also, Age of Empires 2 HD for just €2.99!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Killing Floor 2 is amazing, mind you the discount isn't too great but if anyone was thinking of getting it you should... Have like 26hours gameplay in it and have only had it a few weeks, much better than Killing Floor 1...

• Advertisement
Advertisement