Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

Have Cerulean, if you need it. Need Crusta Sean or Sigmund. 'davsheep' is the steam name.

Add you there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

AOE II HD, is oook. It's not as good as I'd have liked. Actually felt Voobly handled AOE better. Don't get me wrong the game is a lot of fun. Some ideas don't quite work. The texture upgrade is rather lazy too. Microsoft had to patch it like crazy. Who knows it might have improved drastically since I last played it?

Orcs Must Die II. Is an absolute gem. It's just ridiculous fun to play. Basically all you do, is control a character who can have a secondary weapon such as a staff or shotgun, who's main power is to build traps. Yes, traps. The goal is prevent the orcs from escaping from the level. Place traps, kill orcs. It sounds somewhat sadisitics - and that's because it probably is! You can use all kinds of trap combinations. Low hanging cave? No problem.
    Place some tar pits, some spiked pits, place arrow launchers on the walls and on the ceiling placed spiked pendulums and dart launchers! Then watch on in glee as the orcs get mowed down by your magnificent creations creating combos. The more creative your trap combination the more combos you receive. The more combos you make the more magic points you get towards building even more traps! Win! Win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've the frog darko, link in my sig

I've the frog darko, link in my sig

Added you just there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Going to grab Fallout 3 & New Vegas GOTY editions.

Also, Age of Empires 2 HD for just €2.99!

Kiss goodbye to a significant proportion of the rest of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I need Z-Lo,Dire Frog and Sigmond..have a heap of the others if anybody wants to trade. Name is Bilco on steam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Added you just there

Gifted it. Enjoy the badge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Kiss goodbye to a significant proportion of the rest of your life.

Oh i know. I played them before. Have the Fallout New Vegas collectors edition. Would love the Fallout 3 lunchbox from the collectors edition but no such luck :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Anybody play Stranded Deep yet? Looks decent but not too sure....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Turtwig wrote: »
    Orcs Must Die II.
    1++
    also VG DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Nothing really tickling my fancy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Oh i know. I played them before. Have the Fallout New Vegas collectors edition. Would love the Fallout 3 lunchbox from the collectors edition but no such luck :rolleyes:

I had it and sold it 😣 ****ing raging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Another thumbs up for Orcs Must Die - it's great fun. In fact, I think I'll buy a copy to give away on Steam Gifts.

I had it and sold it 😣 ****ing raging

The what, the lunchbox?

How much you sell it for? :eek:

The what, the lunchbox?

How much you sell it for? :eek:
    sold it for 90 about two years ago. Also had the new Vegas with the chips etc sold that too 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just cause 1 & 2 for <€4,

worth a punt?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

RedXIV wrote: »

worth a punt?

Lots of silly exploding chaotic fun. No serious story, just lots of things going boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just got sim city 4 deluxe edition today, disappointingly buggy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And because I enabled Steam Guard on the phone, I am now restricted from making trades for 15 days. Quality.

And because I enabled Steam Guard on the phone, I am now restricted from making trades for 15 days. Quality.

I did the same. I'm not allowed trade on any of the new devices but I can still trade from chrome on my main pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Okay,

Fallout 3 or Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition??

Which should I buy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GOTY edition. Some of the DLC is excellent.

Rayman Legends only requires a log on to Uplay. There's no extensive DRM. It's basically just launch Uplay, launch game. Easy as pie really.

worth a punt?
    Absolutely! I never even bothered finishing the campaign. Just kept arsing around the place. Only downer is the clunky controls at times. Duck and cover mechanic is awkward to say the least. Picture this: Sticking a grappling hook onto an enemy, then attaching it to a fighter jet. Or, attaching a grappling to a tree and then to a speeding car. Or sky diving down from one plane to hijack another. Basically, any b-movie action stunt you can think of can be replicated in some form in this game. Plus, the Island of Palau has some beautiful parts to it.

No need to get both though. Just get JC 2. Also recommended are multiplayer mod/dlc and the grappling hook mod.
    Just got sim city 4 deluxe edition today, disappointingly buggy for me.
    In what way? I got it from my laptop yonks back and I remember something iffy about it at first. Running it in compability mode for XP seemed to solve most of them. Worth a try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

first Just Cause hasnt aged well at all - Id avoid it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads should I go for age of empires on its own or with the expansion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

worth a punt?
    Spear wrote: »
    Lots of silly exploding chaotic fun. No serious story, just lots of things going boom.
    The story missions in Just Cause II are some of the most well designed in any action game. JC 1 is pretty old now and JC2 is practically the same game just with everything fixed and upgraded, you definitely will not regret a playthough it is amazing amounts of fun, great skydiving and grappling hook action in a stunning looking tropical location aswell.

Turtwig wrote: »
    In what way? I got it from my laptop yonks back and I remember something iffy about it at first. Running it in compability mode for XP seemed to solve most of them. Worth a try?

Random parts of my view of the city don't load into view properly or at all. Roads disappear, pipes randomly start pointing in mad directions, that kind of thing. Probably is worth trying compatibility mode, but I'm just going to get a refund and play my old copy of simcity 3000 instead, preferred everything about that game basically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Gonna stop buying stuff on the sale now and watch passenger fiddy seven.

Arma dlc is 13 euro at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I did the same. I'm not allowed trade on any of the new devices but I can still trade from chrome on my main pc.

I'm banned from everything. ****'s sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gonna stop buying stuff on the sale now and watch passenger fiddy seven.

Arma dlc is 13 euro at the moment

FYI, Always bet on black.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I've often heard of people indulging in a steam sale drunk purchase.

Never thought it would happen to me....

Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NY
    Age of Empires 2

EUIV is looking pretty good.... It's time to turn off my phone and go to bed!!

:(

oh **** off already steam sale... I had 100 set as my max... so far im at 130 :(

oh **** off already steam sale... I had 100 set as my max... so far im at 130 :(

Pfft come back when you're at €230. Oddly enough I bought nothing today. :eek:

I've often heard of people indulging in a steam sale drunk purchase.

Never thought it would happen to me....

Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout NY
    Age of Empires 2

EUIV is looking pretty good.... It's time to turn off my phone and go to bed!!

:(

3 great games tho, not ****e :D

Not long left to survive folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Dair76 wrote: »
    Not long left to survive folks.

Another day at least? Plus all the good sales?

Another day at least? Plus all the good sales?

Sale ends Monday evening, so Sunday evening should see the encore deals listed. So only one more batch of fresh daily deals by my reckoning - Saturday at 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've gotten some sanity back and gotten three refunds on games that I know I won't play for a long time. I organised my games into Completed, Current, Backlog. Let's just say it was sobering.

Some good things in the flash sale this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

fallout 2 for 2.49 i recommend getting that if you never played it, the only game i played about 10 times. some good mods for it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Lone Stone wrote: »
    fallout 2 for 2.49 i recommend getting that if you never played it, the only game i played about 10 times. some good mods for it to.

I picked up 1 &2 because I only got into the series at no.3. Could pass them up at that price.

I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the 360 and really liked both, but slightly preferred 3. Would you fine people recommend I buy Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 now? I probably don't have the appetite for both.

Think I'll get AOE 2 to make up for Sim City disappointing me :D

Convoy looks really cool, like FLT meets Mad Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on the 360 and really liked both, but slightly preferred 3. Would you fine people recommend I buy Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 now? I probably don't have the appetite for both.

Think I'll get AOE 2 to make up for Sim City disappointing me :D

Get fallout 2, the first one is just not as good unless you want it for the story.
    I recommend playing a a character with 1 intelligence for the lols :P

i just got prison architect all i got this sale, i might get Ark would any recommend that i know its early access but seems like it might be some fun with friends etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ant695 wrote: »
    I picked up 1 &2 because I only got into the series at no.3. Could pass them up at that price.

It was free on GOG for a day or so when it was about to be removed from store listings. Was a real nice move of gog to do that for the consumers. I have 1 installed. I should play it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Lockheed

anyone know when counter strike : GO will get cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Lockheed wrote: »
    anyone know when counter strike : GO will get cheaper

Pretty sure it was a daily deal already.

Apparently CS:GO will never go cheaper than 50% off, as supposedly if it gets too cheap there's an uptick in cheaters and smurf accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Pretty sure I made a profit off cs:go in a very short time of playing it (bought at 50% off too), selling random bits you earn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Wossack wrote: »
    Pretty sure I made a profit off cs:go in a very short time of playing it (bought at 50% off too), selling random bits you earn

Easy to make profit on it when new operations come out! Buy the pass (€6) and sell the crates that drop, which are usually €2-€4 when operations first release :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement