Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Easy to make profit on it when new operations come out! Buy the pass (€6) and sell the crates that drop, which are usually €2-€4 when operations first release :P

When I get cs: go I will be new to it, what do you mean by pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone able to provide a briefing on Convoy and Enforcer? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Lockheed wrote: »

They run different events, or operations, every few months. With a new operation theres new maps and weapon skins as well as ways to earn them. You have to buy a pass to take part though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Links234 wrote: »
    Apparently CS:GO will never go cheaper than 50% off, as supposedly if it gets too cheap there's an uptick in cheaters and smurf accounts.

Damn I was hoping it would. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Steam summer badge.

I have a duplicate Crusta-Sean card if anyone has a Dire Frog or Dominic card to trade.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/failsafe00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Is there a steam group for this sale?

I tried the searching, couldn't find it.

Usually makes trading the duplicate cards a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lockheed wrote: »

There's new operations that come out every so often. The latest is operation bloodhound and to have access to special features, you've to buy a pass. Sort of like added DLC, but only for a certain time before it expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like that's that. 48 hours of Encore Deals now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Encore deals start today so no new deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well, that looks like it folks, just the encore now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Time to buy the rest of the games ive been on the fence. Anyone want to start Payday 2 with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well picked up Hitman Blood money and absolution for €6. Need to start playing and clesring this games now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

48 hour encore is pretty meh. Think I got everything I wanted though.

That 50 quid paypal credit i was owed came in handy today. Bought some games i wasn't 100% on buying from my own money earlier on in the sale.

Picked up The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Banner Saga, Child of Light, Sunless Sea, Endless legend and the Guardians DLC and Watch Dogs Deluxe Edition.

I'll weep about my back log later.:pac:

Ok, so the (maybe) final tally is:

Valkyria Chronicles - 4.99
    Wolfenstein: The New Order - 12.49
    The Evil Within - Gift
    The Evil Within: Season Pass - 9.99
    Insurgency 4 pack - 10.49
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 4.99

€42.95 in total.

I've got a few euro in my Steam wallet from the refund on Valiant Hearts, so may or may not pick up something else before the end of sale, but I'm not sure if I want to leave it until next time or not. I'm pretty damn pleased with my haul this time around, and I'm really enjoying both The Evil Within and Wolfenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Any game(s) that I should buy with my remaining €11.21 steam wallet?

Ahh that's it?
    Still within budget. I suppose it's time to look at some of the initial 'maybes.'

Btw, Legoworlds if it lives up to its potential sounds amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

La Noire
    Wolfenstein New Order
    City Skylines
    Spec Ops the Line
    Hitman Blood Money
    Hitman Absolution

Think there was one or two more. Decent sale for me considering I hadn't bought anything in the last two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Only one purchase in this sale and that was

Grey Goo - I am a pretty big fan of RTS games, and grey goo seems like my kinda game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

City Skylines
    Borderlands Presequel Claptrap DLC
    Prison Architect

Not too bad, about €30.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ok, so the (maybe) final tally is:

Valkyria Chronicles - 4.99
    Wolfenstein: The New Order - 12.49
    The Evil Within - Gift
    The Evil Within: Season Pass - 9.99
    Insurgency 4 pack - 10.49
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 4.99

€42.95 in total.

I've got a few euro in my Steam wallet from the refund on Valiant Hearts, so may or may not pick up something else before the end of sale, but I'm not sure if I want to leave it until next time or not. I'm pretty damn pleased with my haul this time around, and I'm really enjoying both The Evil Within and Wolfenstein.

Pretty good!

I bought
    Tomb Raider
    Far Cry 2
    Far Cry
    Hatoful Boyfriend
    Life Is Strange Episode 1
    100% Orange Juice - 4 Pack

Already had both FC games on disc, just completes my FC collection on Steam. I have a tenner still in my wallet so I'm just going to mull over what to get. Payday 2 maybe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hatoful boyfriend ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wolf The Old Blood
    Payday dlc
    dishonoured which im returning cos GOTY is same price on g2play

Kinda tempted by The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Game(s) | Price (€)
    Presale.
    Insurgency | 14.99
    GTA V| 59.99
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist Deluxe Edition | 29.99
    Sub Total | 104.97
    |
    Sale.
    Papers, Please| 2.69
    XCOM: Enemy Within | 6.24
    Pacman Championship Edition DX: All You Can Eat Bundle | 3.74
    Metro Redux Bundle | 7.99
    Tomb Raider | 3.99
    Cities Skylines | 24.78
    Wolfenstein: New Order | 12.49
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood | 9.99
    Prison Architect | 4.19
    Dishonored GOTY Edition | 8.49
    Arma III: Extended Edition | 23.99
    Euro Truck 2: East and North Expansions | 13.49
    Payday 2: GOTY Edition | 11.49
    Mircosoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition | 4.99
    Metal Gear Solid: V Ground Zeroes | 4.99
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition | 7.49
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier | 13.71
    [REFUND] Splinter Cell: Blacklist | (-22.5)
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 | 5.74
    Killing Floor | 4.49
    Sub Total | 152.47
    |

TOTAL | 257.44

The only purchase I'm hesitant on is Future Soldier. I loved the original GR games. Hence why I bought it, but I'm a little pessimistic about this. Still I'm going to try it anyway. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just bought City Skylines [Steam key] for €15 at http://www.gamesrocket.com

The game is almost €19 in the Steam sale, I also spotted Dying Light for €27 but I already own it on XB1.

Just note there is an automated phone verification after the order that takes a few seconds then the code is emailed. Code worked.

By the way guys! If you've not got it already, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is well worth getting and is an absolute steal at €4.99 ;)

I bought nothing, the clicker game is great though, i'm just spamming my badge things at level 304,000-something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Same here, I'm actually up a few cent! Saying that I did pre-order Fallout 4 (elsewhere).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kinda tempted by The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Get it, you won't regret it. Seriously good game and it looks beautiful.

• Advertisement

On the whole cards/badge thing, I need a bob, have serveral of others.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nollog/gamecards/368020/

plz2fix

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Chroma Squad: Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers
    Cities Skylines
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars & Kane's Wrath
    Dirt 3 Complete
    Doorkickers
    Dragon Ball XenoVerse
    Grow Home
    Homeworld Remastered Collection
    Invisible, Inc.
    Jurassic Park (the Telltale one)
    LEGO The Hobbit
    Legend of Grimrock 2
    Lichdom Battlemage
    Life is Strange
    Magic the Gathering 2015: Garruk's Revenge DLC
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Payday 2 DLC (all the ones I didn't have, everything up to The Alesso Heist)
    Pillars of Eternity: Heroic Edition
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
    Sunless Sea
    Valkyria Chronicles
    WWE 2K15 (got a refund on this one)
    Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood

Like I said, it got ugly. I got Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight free with my 970 so that freed up a lot of funds. Still, should do me until Sword Coast Legends and another Hearthstone expansion drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock Infinite
    Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
    GTA IV w/ DLC + Liberty City Stories
    Gunpoint
    Hitman Absolution
    Mark of the Ninja
    Max Payne 3
    One Finger Death Punch
    Shadow Warrior

Far more than intended :( Still, happy with that haul! Probably won't pick up anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I had set myself a limit of €60 but I only spent 12.33. Not that it was a bad sale, just that I had already bought most things I was interested in.

This war of mine 7.59
    Banished 4.74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Having being away from PC gaming for a good while, I was quite bold.

Metal Gear Solid: Revengenance
    Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
    Goat Simulator (may refund)
    Portal 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2
    Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
    Dishonored: GOTY
    Don't Starve
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Halo: Spartan Strike
    Halo: Spartan Assault
    Strider
    Alice: Madness Returns
    Child of Light
    Valiant Hearts
    Wolf Among Us
    Battleblock Theater
    Fallout: New Vegas (Ultimate Edition)

I did sell a ton of cards (about 15e worth) plus sold two Wii U games, so I didn't really go outside that budget! Hell of a backlog now!

I don't actually consider it as a backlog. More a collection of games akin to a library like Netflix. Depending on what mood I'm in I'll play a certain game. If I don't ever play any particular game I don't really care. As long as I'm having fun I don't really care. To me it's not about finishing a game, or playing a game because you own it. It's simply about being able to relax, unwind, escape and have fun.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

Valkyra Chronicles
    Ultimate General Gettysburg

I've spent €8

How do developers make money.

Patser wrote: »
    Valkyra Chronicles
    Ultimate General Gettysburg

I've spent €8

How do developers make money.

Online distribution, less indirect costs. The games' proportional discount generally depends on the age and day to day sales popularity. You'll never see the latest Call of Duty @ 75% off. But you might see a game released the exact same week as it at 75% off. Generally speaking the greater the discount the more likely there is to be a influx of purchasing. Even more so if it's a "limited" time offer. Simply put humans are more prone to making a purchase if they believe they cannot avail of that purchase value again. If a dev/publisher get's a high enough increase in sales numbers then the discount allowed is offset by that increase. (Imagine selling 3 copies of a game at €30 very selling €3,000 at €7.49.) Most of the time in these kind of sales that's exactly what happens. Devs/publishers, practically indie ones often stand to gain a great deal from these type of sales. (If their game is recommended by the community at large.)

My haul for the sale

Sniper Elite 3
    Enslaved
    Witcher 3
    Cities:Skylines
    Besiege
    I Am Bread
    Five Nights at Freddies
    Burnout Paradise
    Rise Of Nations
    Black Sea Colonies and Wrath of Sparta DLC for Rome 2
    Grow Home
    Irish paint jobs DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2
    The Banner Saga
    Child of Light
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Watch Dogs
    Sunless Sea
    Endless Legends plus Guardians DLC

Happy enough with all that. Most of it was on my wishlist and i should be playing most of them in the coming months. Already got stuck into Witcher 3 and those rare moments i can pull myself away from it i've been playing Cities Skylines as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

Turtwig wrote: »
    Online distribution, less indirect costs. The games' proportional discount generally depends on the age and day to day sales popularity. You'll never see the latest Call of Duty @ 75% off. But you might see a game released the exact same week as it at 75% off. Generally speaking the greater the discount the more likely there is to be a influx of purchasing. Even more so if it's a "limited" time offer. Simply put humans are more prone to making a purchase if they believe they cannot avail of that purchase value again. If a dev/publisher get's a high enough increase in sales numbers then the discount allowed is offset by that increase. (Imagine selling 3 copies of a game at €30 very selling €3,000 at €7.49.) Most of the time in these kind of sales that's exactly what happens. Devs/publishers, practically indie ones often stand to gain a great deal from these type of sales. (If their game is recommended by the community at large.)

Thank you Professor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Other side of that is that it puts PC Gamers into a mentality of "what they would pay".

If a game is on our radar we somehow rate them as "how much would we pay" for it ie I bought GTA at almost full price knowing I would get my monies worth.

I waited for Wolf Old Blood to drop to the tenner price point i would pay for it.

other games fall into the yeah maybe if its a fiver I will get it.

Its great for anti piracy, i honesly cant remember the last game I pirated and it was at least 3 to 4 years ago. I couldnt be arsed when I know it will be a fiver at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I don't actually consider it as a backlog. More a collection of games akin to a library like Netflix. Depending on what mood I'm in I'll play a certain game. If I don't ever play any particular game I don't really care. As long as I'm having fun I don't really care. To me it's not about finishing a game, or playing a game because you own it. It's simply about being able to relax, unwind, escape and have fun.:)

Spot on for me aswell,i used to think i shouldnt add to backlog unless i finish a few games but soon realised whats the point. Especially if some are games i dont like.

I want to have fun when i turn PC on not slog through hours of a game i dont like just cause i bought it and feel burdened to finish it.

If i ever have kids they will get my steam account as part of their inheritence anyway,maybe they can play the ones i havent played:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Got a refund on Jurassic Park, so the games I got were

Valkyria Chronicles
    The Ship (gift )
    Bioshock Triple Pack
    Metro Redux Bundle

annnnd I took a gamble on ARK

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Steam summer badge.

I have a duplicate Crusta-Sean card if anyone has a Dire Frog or Dominic card to trade.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/failsafe00

I got a spare Dominic Card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Game(s) | Price (€)
    Presale.
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist Deluxe Edition | 29.99
    |

Sale.
    [REFUND] Splinter Cell: Blacklist | (-22.5)
    |

As a matter of interest, how come you didn't get a full refund? Or you saying you got the refund but bought it again at the sale price?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how come you didn't get a full refund? Or you saying you got the refund but bought it again at the sale price?

Purchased again at sale price, €7.49. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Mass Effect at 1.75 is so tempting, if I don't buy it at that price, when would I buy it? So, bought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

/\/ollog wrote: »
    On the whole cards/badge thing, I need a bob, have serveral of others.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nollog/gamecards/368020/

plz2fix

I have bob if you want him. No need for it myself. How do I get it to ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

marko93 wrote: »
    Got a refund on Jurassic Park, so the games I got were

Valkyria Chronicles
    The Ship (gift )
    Bioshock Triple Pack
    Metro Redux Bundle

annnnd I took a gamble on ARK

Played any ARK yet? I'm always dubious about early access games after being bitten by the crap that is Dayz standalone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Finger is hovering over the cart containing Cities: Skyline and the Metro bundle.

Done pretty well thus far and 'made' money thus far by flogging those cards for six cent a piece when I grab them. Have spent 11 though, getting the Arkham bundle of three over at GMG due to it being cheaper than at Steam.

Just trying to do a bit of time management to make sure I can play them anytime in the near future! At least the encore sales goes on long enough to let myself contest an internal battle of wills of the will I/won't I :P

Advertisement