Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Log on and youll see how long each game is on sale, it gives you a timer, most you will have a day some longer, if you go on and add games to your wishlist then youll receive and email notifying you when they are on sale.

Also what games do you have at the moment? Might help us let you know. Most games will be on sale, just some will have better discounts.

Thanks man! The kind of games I'm looking for are ones that are must plays on PC. I played Gone Home the other day and enjoyed that so more games like that would be good.

I also have realMyst, Dear Esther and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on my wishlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Worst timing ever for a steam sale. I've to spend a tonne of money this weekend. Time to stock up on Aldi beans and toast.

clear out your steam inventory - everything must go! made myself a cool 4 euro in anticipation of this sale over the last week or so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

A little over an hour to go! :D

Just a quick reminder: the main deals usually take 5-10 minutes to update. You might see the 9-12 games listed with 10-30% off, but you must wait a few minutes as this tends to increase even further to 40-80% off. There is usually a delay in applying the full discount at the changeover for each day.

Having said that, on occasion you might find a game has been given an extremely generous discount. So if it seems odd (let's say GTAV 60% off, then you BUY NOW!!) before Valve realise the mistake and fix it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Falthyron wrote: »
    A little over an hour to go! :D

Just a quick reminder: the main deals usually take 5-10 minutes to update. You might see the 9-12 games listed with 10-30% off, but you must wait a few minutes as this tends to increase even further to 40-80% off. There is usually a delay in applying the full discount at the changeover for each day.

Having said that, on occasion you might find a game has been given an extremely generous discount. So if it seems odd (let's say GTAV 60% off, then you BUY NOW!!) before Valve realise the mistake and fix it. :pac:

So do the main deals continue to decrease in price each day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah, Valve always honour prices you bought at. I got the entire collection of sonic franchise games for €7! (Or something there abouts) once. Others have got the Valve Complete pack for like €10.

• Advertisement

Fakman87 wrote: »
    So do the main deals continue to decrease in price each day?

No, the main deals only last 48 hours. Then if they're popular resurge again on the last day of sale. Follow the flow chart above you can't go wrong.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have €55 from selling cards and my new credit card arrived today

I am ready Lord GabeN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Skerries wrote: »
    I have €55 from selling cards and my new credit card arrived today

I am ready Lord GabeN

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

one minute left!

*prepares lube*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

:D

GO GO GO!

Just waiting on the prices...

351764.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

GTA5 €22.48, nice error

That's my first one anyway. I said I'd get GTA if it dropped below 30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Im not usually this punctual for a Steam Sale. For a second I thought we only got discounts if we played this game thingy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Trying to buy GTAV for that price, store crashed :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That blew up promptly. Tried to join the game they have, couldn't join a session. Had a blank new object appear in my inventory, Then the Steam frontend crashed out entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

and my steam client just crashed...

Goddamnit, GabeN! Get your arse off the pipe! We need more bandwidth! I am trying to feed you money, but you won't take it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Happens every sale to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Come back in 3 hours I'd say.

That's usually the way of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hmm, not sure that is the actual GTAV game for €22.48, seems like it's two in-game currency cards? The GTAV prices look really high actually...

I'm off to see Jurassic World anyways so I'll browse when I get back. I see a few games there already that are on my wishlist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

ionapaul wrote: »
    Hmm, not sure that is the actual GTAV game for €22.48, seems like it's two in-game currency cards? The GTAV prices look really high actually...

Mine says it's 15.07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I can see GTA5 game as €15.06, reduced from €22.48.
    I'm on mobile (on a dart with crap signal!) and every time I click it crashes.
    Too good to be true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The GTA V one is for some Shark Cards and in game currency. Not the game itself.

Yup, I think 55 was the cheapest GTA V game, and it comes with San Andreas/Max Payne 3 and some in game cash (Tiger Card I think)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Average enough start to the sale, didnt expect anything great anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

LOL the sale just got taken off from my store anyways...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Prices are in dollars for me¿ anyone else?

GTA V's price was fixed very quickly. I think Valve do it intentionally to troll people and reward the few lucky enough to persevere.

Same when I click into game changes to euros though... Saw Naruto for 9euro at the start taught it was discount but seems it has risen back to 17euro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Maybe I just don't get it, but what's the bloody point in that minigame lark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Papers, Please for 4.99 is worth a punt.

I enjoyed it, played for about 8 hours and was gripped throughout. Gameplay isn't complicated, story is interesting and its just good fun to play.
    Not much replay value in it, but what do you expect for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Gotta head out, can't seem to add anything to cart right now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Metro Redux Bundle for €8 *creams*

I got them for €10 each a few months back, well worth the 10 never mind €4

No community vote. Outraged I tells ya! Seems the mini-game thing unlocks further offers. Big whoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Same here, the store is in shíte right now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Dair76 wrote: »
    No community vote. Outraged I tells ya! Seems the mini-game thing unlocks further offers. Big whoop.

What's the mini game? Can't get on on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

playstation network simulator I think

you click on it, and it tells you theres a problem, and to try again later

What's the mini game? Can't get on on my phone.

It's the trading card tie-in for this sale. Craft the monster badge to play the game (haven't played it myself), defeat monsters with your "team" to unlock new discounts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Looks like everyone gets the discount even if you don't play, yeah?

Looks like it, yeah. So don't see the point unless there's stuff you can win as an indivdual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hmm, so far only Valkyria Chronicles tickling my fancy, may wait and see what's up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Homeworld at 60% on a daily, may be my first pickup

Just spent the last about 10-15 mins clicking on monsters to kill them :rolleyes: what on earth am I even doing and why do I keep wanting to play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

did steam increase the price of GTA V to over 70

Just spent the last about 10-15 mins clicking on monsters to kill them :rolleyes: what on earth am I even doing and why do I keep wanting to play...

You could have clicked ~1000 times in the time it took you to write that. Get back to clickin'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

did steam increase the price of GTA V to over 70

Not the only one to notice this then! A mere €5 off if that's the case...skip for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement