Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

darkest dungeon is well worth it, i've racked up around 70 hours in that already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

VinLieger wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

I'd say I have made about €115 to date from selling cards with loads more left to harvest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

did steam increase the price of GTA V to over 70

No, Rockstar did. It's the publishers who set the prices, and a few cheeky publishers increased the price of their games pre-sale. How ethical of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends on what extras you want http://www.g2play.net/grand-theft-auto-v are selling GTAV for €38 for the basic game.

is anyone else having trouble starting that monster game they have on the main page?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

hmm...Spore at 50% (7.49) and Darwinia at 85% (1.49) Yes, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Fallout new vegas is a fiver and max payne 3 is 6 quid iirc. Arma 3 is also reduced.
    Fallout 3 is 12 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

moesyzlak wrote: »
    Fallout new vegas is a fiver and max payne 3 is 6 quid iirc. Arma 3 is also reduced.
    Fallout 3 is 12 quid

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

It looks like GTA V isn't a daily deal, if I'm not mistaken? Shouldn't it say how long is left at it's sale price if it was, instead of "SUMMER SALE!" where I've circled?

ItpCIUR.png

Start of the sale's been a tad underwhelming, as usual. Picked up Outlast but more for the sake of it than anything.

• Advertisement

It looks like GTA V isn't a daily deal, if I'm not mistaken? Shouldn't it say how long is left at it's sale price if it was, instead of "SUMMER SALE!" where I've circled?

That's because it's the whole GTA franchise that's onsale. Click the GTA link on the main page, and it has all the game at mostly 75% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Is there a big difference between the original Metro 2033 and the Redux version? I have the original (probably picked it up in a Steam sale years ago!) and haven't played it yet. Should I get both Redux or just go for the Last Light Redux one?

There's a bigger improvement/difference between 2033 and 2033 Redux than there is between Last Light and Last Light Redux, from what I've been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thargor wrote: »
    Dair76 wrote: »
    This pretty much sums it up.

unzDD5K.png
    What flow chart?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks Turtwig, is it a joke or good advice though?

Anyway I got both Metros, Valkyria Chronicles and Mirrors Edge for less than 20 quid so Im happy.

A while ago I watched a Lets Play of a great looking Early Access Survival where your spacecraft had crashed in the ocean and you had to dive for supplies, build bigger subs and underwater habitats, what was that called does anyone remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Anyway I got both Metros, Valkyria Chronicles and Mirrors Edge for less than 20 quid so Im happy.

So far....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

A while ago I watched a Lets Play of a great looking Early Access Survival where your spacecraft had crashed in the ocean and you had to dive for supplies, build bigger subs and underwater habitats, what was that called does anyone remember?

Stranded Deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It sounds like Farsky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Subnautica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow. Had never even heard of that but it looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow. Had never even heard of that but it looks amazing!
    It does. I am hoping it gets a discount during the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Borderlands Pre-Sequel DLC, Claptastic Voyage is half price at €5. Supposed to be the best DLC out of all 3 games, and my first Steam Sale buy this year. God help me....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316410/

is the mini game borked?

I keep clicking but the hp doesn't go down and when I reload I am dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

The refunds are very dangerous. Im more likely to give games a try now I know I can get my money back if I dont like it. Gives me incentive to start playing it now rather than leave it in the pile that is my backlog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Skerries wrote: »
    is the mini game borked?

It seems to keep losing connectivity and need reloading.

It's pretty shady the way the discounts for GTAV are being done. 25% off, but only if you buy it bundled with ingame credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rust has no discount whatsoever, wanted to pick up a 4 pack of it on sale... Hopefully DayZ get's a bigger discount too..

Thats the one, thats what got me back into looking at components and eventually ordering a gaming laptop, I crave a game like that, or just a modern civ, cant believe I lasted so long on 360 looking back now.

Shadow Warrior 2 has just been announced so hopefully they drop the price of the first one at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dair76 wrote: »
    It's pretty shady the way the discounts for GTAV are being done. 25% off, but only if you buy it bundled with ingame credit.

Was shwoing at €15 for me when sale launched, couldnt get to cart though, believe when you got there it went to 55

Got La Noire full bundle for €7.50 which is great, one i went into the sale wanting

Skerries wrote: »
    is the mini game borked?

Yeah i asked about that a few pages back too, seems to be borked

Actually Shadow Warrior is only a fiver, grabbed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That's really interesting looking, I'd not heard of it before. Early access games though.....hmmm....

Actually Shadow Warrior is only a fiver, grabbed it.

you won't regret it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

I click play now and nothing happens, what do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I click play now and nothing happens, what do?

That's the game, you click play now and see how long you can wait for something to happen, the longer you wait the better your score. The fun bit is when you see the number of people playing changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Should I just click the sell button on the trading cards?

I have like 80 of them. It says they're worth €0.07 each.

Who buys these things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have GTA V for console so not looking to buy it but they are taking the absolute piss with the 70-whatever for it and 25% discount.

Cheeky kants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gbear wrote: »
    Should I just click the sell button on the trading cards?

I have like 80 of them. It says they're worth €0.07 each.

Who buys these things?

Sure should! All adds up in the end and it's nice to buy a game with credit as opposed to have to spend your own money.
    As for who buys them? People that like collecting things I guess, if there's one market that Valve loves to make money out of it's people that like collecting things!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sure should! All adds up in the end and it's nice to buy a game with credit as opposed to have to spend your own money.
    As for who buys them? People that like collecting things I guess, if there's one market that Valve loves to make money out of it's people that like collecting things!

Any way to sell them in bulk?

Can't be arsed spending 3 hours going through them for the sake of a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

For anyone who has not played the GTA V,the online portions money system is a joke IMO. The amount of grinding that has to be done to get the high end stuff borders on ridiculous. Add the terrible load times and being kicked back to a server every time you finish a heist mission it all adds up to massive frustration. And thats not even mentioning the a**holes that leave a heist mission half way through and force everyone back to a server and the heist has to be set up again. The whole online is geared toward making people but the micro transactions IMO.

Even if you have 3 other friends to do heists with it takes an age to generate cash for the high level toys.

The above totally spoils the online for me in what is otherwise a very fun game.

Just to clarify i really enjoyed the single player,the above are problems that exist in the online portion. Just wanted to let people know in case they are buying the game for the multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Metro Redux and last light in a bundle for 7.99? Worth it? never played any of the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Metro Redux and last light in a bundle for 7.99? Worth it? never played any of the games

If you like FPS then yes worth it. I completed 2033 3 times in a week, its great

Metro looks fecking stunning in the videos, I knew people considered it worth playing but I never realised how good it looked, I thought it was all dark corridors and tunnels, they were the games I was hoping for the most and they come up first thing dirt cheap.

If you like FPS then yes worth it. I completed 2033 3 times in a week, its great

I do, i dooooo.
    Loved spec ops, really really enjoyed Wolfenstein too. Thinking i might pick these up but not as the bundle, that way if i dont like the one im playing, i can pop the either one on Steamgifts

Budgeted 70 euro for this sale, can see that collapsing already.

Metro looks fecking stunning in the videos, I knew people considered it worth playing but I never realised how good it looked, I thought it was all dark corridors and tunnels, they were the games I was hoping for the most and they come up first thing dirt cheap.

Which one you gonna give a bash to first?

• Advertisement

The books are great too.

Both the media give you an incredible sense of semi-supernatural horror, claustrophobia, oppressiveness and desperation.

They're a serious trip.

I got a few hours into 2033 when I picked the game up for free as part of a facebook promotion on the presumably now defunct developer's website.

I'll probably have a serious crack at them now that I've picked the sequel and redux versions up.

Decided to pick up Heroes of Might and Magic 6 as well. Think it's the only one I haven't played. Heard some bad things, but ****it, I've a hankering for the game and it was only a fiver or something.

YES.

I will however say, I never finished them, they scared the absolute **** out of me. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just after seeing the sale...thats actually a fantastic first day. Some brilliant offers there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, here are my inklings so far:

Papers Please,
    Hotline Miami II
    Homeworld Remastered.
    Metro Redux Bundle (Have original 2033 only. Haven't played Last Light. Is Redux worth it or should I just get Last Light Redux only? )

Any thoughts, opinions, objections on any of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ok, here are my inklings so far:

Papers Please,
    Hotline Miami II
    Homeworld Remastered.
    Metro Redux Bundle (Have original 2033 only. Haven't played Last Light. Is Redux worth it or should I just get Last Light Redux only? )

Any thoughts, opinions, objections on any of those?

I'm gonna be grabbing homeworld on the daily I can't honestly see it going more than 60% when it was only released in February

• Advertisement
Advertisement