Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Picked up both Left 4 Dead games. At 4 each, it would be rude not to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not impressed to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dead State is 50% off at 14 bucks. My favourite RPG of the last 10 years. Imagine Fallout and Xcom with Zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Don't buy Dead State yet. It could go lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If it goes lower, just get a refund and buy it again. Thats allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Wait, or choose to deal with Steam support during their holiday sale.... I know what I'll be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

So lads, is it possible for the daily deals and flash deals to reemerge later in the week at a cheaper price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok been looking closely at sale and so far i want the left 4 dead games, the metro games and the portal games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Fakman87 wrote: »
    So lads, is it possible for the daily deals and flash deals to reemerge later in the week at a cheaper price?

Nah, that's not gonna happen. There's usually an "encore" day at the end of the sale where all the best titles are put down to their lowest sale price though.

Rockstar getting absolutely slaughtered in the reviews section of GTA V :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Mtro 2033 is taking an age to dl. We are talking kb/s here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ok been looking closely at sale and so far i want the left 4 dead games, the metro games and the portal games...

Thats a good start,think most would agree those are solid titles

Whats the story with this Monster Summer Game? It doesn't seem to work at all

Whats the story with this Monster Summer Game? It doesn't seem to work at all

been going for my but its buggy as hell, i received 2 card drops from it after playing for about 15 minutes.

Thats 30 cent to you and me, Not bad eh, not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it was working there for a while, and it's literally a button masher - if ye do manage to get it working, it seems to be best to spend whatever gold you have on the autofire stuff so you never have to play the feckin thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Metro Redux and last light in a bundle for 7.99? Worth it? never played any of the games

Worth it just for either one, never mind both
    it's literally a button masher

The left button on my main mouse is already ****ed, had to dig out the old one to continue the onslaught. At this rate I'll have to change to left-handed mode in Windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Kirby wrote: »
    If it goes lower, just get a refund and buy it again. Thats allowed.

Yeah it's allowed but take in mind that you can't go over 2 hours of gameplay... I also have received 2 x Refunds already on games... One I had played 15mins the other I hadn't even tried out... It takes about 3-4 days to confirm you get a refund then another 3-4 days to get the refund so by the time you get your refund the sale may be over... Probably best just to wait to see if they go lower... If you asked for a refund steam would have those funds for at least a week so you would need to spend extra funds... Just something to note when considering the refund option :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ok, here are my inklings so far:

Papers Please,
    Hotline Miami II
    Homeworld Remastered.
    Metro Redux Bundle (Have original 2033 only. Haven't played Last Light. Is Redux worth it or should I just get Last Light Redux only? )

Any thoughts, opinions, objections on any of those?

If you'd replay 2033, then go for it, I've heard it's quite a revamp. Last Light was downright incredible, much better than the first. Personally, I'd only go for redux of 2033 if you were sure you're going to replay it, otherwise just go for Last Light.

is there any point in buying both portals and both left 4 dead games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

is there any point in buying both portals and both left 4 dead games?

Left 4 deads? No, not really just get two.

Portal? Get both if you haven't played them. Otherwise get the one you haven't played. I prefer the first portal. Although the user designed levels for the second are sick!

• Advertisement

There was a price glitch earlier with a mix of random simulators

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51669/

It was 89cent now back at 14.39euro...

Yes, get both Portals for definite. Magnificent games, and such incredible humour :D

Oh and guys? Hotline Miami is 85% off so it only costs silly loose change at €1.27

BUY IT. You have no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There was a price glitch earlier with a mix of random simulators

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51669/

It was 89cent now back at 14.39euro...

You'd save €1.53 by buying all the games in that bundle individually right now.

Doesn't really make sense lol.

It was also on sale June 8th for €4.49 so it should probably go down to at least that at some point during the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Gbear wrote: »
    Any way to sell them in bulk?

Can't be arsed spending 3 hours going through them for the sake of a fiver.

steam inventory helper

Skerries wrote: »
    steam inventory helper

Thank you. How have I not heard of this before. Installed! Enhanced Steam is all I had but just discovered a few more extensions that might be of interest to others too: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/chrome-steam-extensions/

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You'd save €1.53 by buying all the games in that bundle individually right now.

Doesn't really make sense lol.

It was also on sale June 8th for €4.49 so it should probably go down to at least that at some point during the sale.

Yeah I just bought a few of them at 89cent might trade them for other stuff I may want :P ... At the 14euro price tag it defo not worth it as all the sims seem to be negatively reviewed...

Left 4 deads? No, not really just get two.

Portal? Get both if you haven't played them. Otherwise get the one you haven't played. I prefer the first portal. Although the user designed levels for the second are sick!

yeah i think ill go with both portals and l4d2... thanks

budgeted 100 for the sale so im gonna try be extra stingy lol

yeah i think ill go with both portals and l4d2... thanks

budgeted 100 for the sale so im gonna try be extra stingy lol

good choice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Skerries wrote: »
    steam inventory helper

Everyone reading this; DO NOT USE THIS

You are risking an account ban as its against the Steam ToS. Google it and you will see all the info you want with people getting banned/suspended due to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Thank you. How have I not heard of this before. Installed!

Id uninstall that if I was you...

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Steam+inventory+helper+against+ToS&oq=steam+inv&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l3j69i57j0.2696j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
    Use at your own risk: valve doesn't like people using software/automatic scripts that works with market trading

• Advertisement

stranded deep looks like a great game and reviews are excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

stranded deep looks like a great game and reviews are excellent

It's a very good game, but limited imo. Picked it up, had fun, and haven't played much after. Have played about 10-15hours total.

Just added another 25 euro to my steam coffers! Sake.

Tinie wrote: »
    Everyone reading this; DO NOT USE THIS

You are risking an account ban as its against the Steam ToS. Google it and you will see all the info you want with people getting banned/suspended due to it.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Steam+inventory+helper+against+ToS&oq=steam+inv&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l3j69i57j0.2696j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
    Use at your own risk: valve doesn't like people using software/automatic scripts that works with market trading

Godammit. Uninstalling.... :rolleyes:

Think I might be getting a repetitive strain injury from playing this monster game ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pfft amateurs.

200_s.gif

Pfft amateurs.

200_s.gif

Haha I was actually thinking of that episode and all. Funny how we all think alike :P

I'm using laptop touchpad for it. Can't imagine using my gaming mouse, I'd have it broke by now!

Think I might be getting a repetitive strain injury from playing this monster game ffs

Wonder, does the game reset each day. Each click is knocking a thousand points off for me now and it would suck to go back to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

got Spore, might wait till tomorrow for some other stuff. It really makes you sad seeing what Maxis were capable of...

I have been using it for months and I can't see how it can upset Valve as it only acts to get them money

the argument that it can manipulate the market are unfounded as it only sells cards at the price you set

• Advertisement

Maybe that they don't enforce the rule but I think it's fair enough that the previous posters at least made everyone aware that if you use it, you may suffer consequences.

Don't have enough games and/or cards to make use of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So far bought the two Metro pack fro €7, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 for €5 and F1 2013 for 10 (I know not a popular choice but my god I wanted that game). All on my wishlist so splashed out.

Now I am in the terrible place of spending €22 out of my proposed €50 budget already.. time to be selective and sell cards.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Wasn't metro €7.99?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not a great first day. Considering Homeworld: Remastered, but pretty sure I'll buy it and never play it.

Wasn't metro €7.99?

Probably €7.99 for the two pack, I just saw the 7 after the euro sign and bought bought bought, I can double check later.

titan18 wrote: »
    Not a great first day. Considering Homeworld: Remastered, but pretty sure I'll buy it and never play it.

Then don't buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Then don't buy it?

First Steam sale, huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Black mesa is actually cheaper at it's regular sale price than it was yesterday as a flash deal? 14.99 today & I think it was 18.79 yesterday. What's up with that?

Edit: oh it's still a flash sale. Just cheaper than yesterday. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Valkyria Chronicles and Xcom bundle for me today.

• Advertisement

Simi wrote: »
    Black mesa is actually cheaper at it's regular sale price than it was yesterday as a flash deal? 14.99 today & I think it was 18.79 yesterday. What's up with that?

Think that happens a lot, Fallout 3 was cheaper maybe a week or two ago on sale than yesterday.

Is Black Mesa good?

Advertisement