Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Moon54 wrote: »
    If anyone picks up Mount & Blade:Warband, don't forget you can redeem a DRM-Free copy of it on GOG;
    https://www.gog.com/reclaim

Thanks for that. Was able to redeem my Stalker games but my CD keys from Steam for the Mount & Blade games don't work :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only game I have any interest in is dead state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Only game I have any interest in is dead state.

There was an update recently "Reanimated" that added a few bits and tweaked some stuff to make it a little better. If you like Wasteland 2, Fallout 2 esque games it's well worth a try. It would have been great if they added a sandbox mode though or made the map areas relootable after a certain amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Turtwig wrote: »
    Thank yous,

See this is what I love about these threads - and probably what my wallet hates about them. We make recommendations to one another helping people to buy the games that are right for them. :) I loved Return to Castle Wolfenstien back in the day. :)

Yeah, honestly even though I'm not buying anything so far I'm still getting all kinds of excited about the sale, commenting as a bit of a steam sale veteran and advising folks. It's still exciting just to check out what's on sale each day and have a natter about whether it's a good deal or not and what's worth picking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Wolfentein the new order is one of the best fps I have played. It's such food fun. Buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Falthyron wrote: »
    It won't go any lower than that, I am afraid. It is a very good price! :D

Given that a portion (or all) of the proceeds go to war child, it occurred to me that it'd probably be better to get it at full price.

I was about to pull the trigger on it there but then I remembered about the charity thing and felt bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone got anything negative to say about Wolfenstien the New order?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

24593-6184-0.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mention of it might somehow breach Godwin's law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Not a bad sale for me so far, relatively new to PC gaming so trying to build up a catalogue! So far I've gotten LA Noire, Metro 2033 Redux bundle, C&C: Red Alert 3, Hitman Collection & Sniper Elite 3! Not bad for around 30 Quid! Still have 20 odd in the wallet so hoping for a nice discount on any of the following; Cities Skyline, DayZ or Shadow of Mordor, whichever comes first!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Not a bad sale for me so far, relatively new to PC gaming so trying to build up a catalogue! So far I've gotten LA Noire, Metro 2033 Redux bundle, C&C: Red Alert 3, Hitman Collection & Sniper Elite 3! Not bad for around 30 Quid! Still have 20 odd in the wallet so hoping for a nice discount on any of the following; Cities Skyline, DayZ or Shadow of Mordor, whichever comes first!!!!

20.49? http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    20.49?

Jeez, that's a great price, cheers man! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wolfenstein new order, best single player fps in recent years buy it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm toying with buying Witcher 1 (€3.99!) and 2 (€2.99!)...but really hoping Cities: Skylines goes on a flash sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get The Witcher 2 if you're even considering it, great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Bah, looks like I won't be buying anything for a few days. Adobe just charged me €90 for their Creative Cloud, after my free trial ended. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

weisses wrote: »
    Anyone played grey goo ?

yeah, the first campaign is decent enough, the rest is pants :/ if it's got a massive discount, risk it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Personally id skip on witcher 1,and just start on 2 then on to 3 if you like the game.

I tried witcher 1 but its very dated imo,after about 10 hours gave up and i moved onto 2 and im throughly enjoying it excellent game. Nearly finished it now then ill be moving onto witcher 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so i have left 4 dead 1 and 2, hitman franchise, portal 1 and 2 and the metro bundle ready to purchase...

anyone think wolfenstein will drop further? also wanna get the evil within if it goes on sale

so i have left 4 dead 1 and 2, hitman franchise, portal 1 and 2 and the metro bundle ready to purchase...

anyone think wolfenstein will drop further? also wanna get the evil within if it goes on sale

Nope wolf is at max Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Took the first plunge today and bought the Redux bundle and Magicite :(
    Have it already but Nidhogg for €1.39 is a great price but it's best played with friends.

The new humble Indie bundle All stars (if you haven't bought it yet) has a few classics on offer, 8 games for around €5.20.If you're new to PC gaming you mightn't have any of them, they've all been bundled before.

$1 tier
    World of Goo
    Dustforce DX
    Super Meat boy

Beat the average
    Dungeon Defenders Collection
    LIMBO
    Braid

Beat the average +$1
    Risk of Rain
    Antichamber

https://www.humblebundle.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Dcully wrote: »
    Wolfenstein new order, best single player fps in recent years buy it!!!

Faint praise considering there is little competition.

omerin wrote: »

?
    It feels like there is nothing but Fps games everywhere!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

omerin wrote: »

That doesnt make it any less awesome though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

*giggles*

Hehehe. You think it's going to stop when you reach that 20 quid in your wallet.

can anyone see wolfenstein dropping anymore in price?

• Advertisement

can anyone see wolfenstein dropping anymore in price?

Nope it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

If the game says "Offer ends in <countdown>" then it won't get any cheaper. If it says "SUMMER SALE! Offer ends 22 June" then it might get cheaper so wait until the last day to buy it if it doesnt become a flash sale or daily deal.

anyone played the hitman games? any good?

Do I need Old Blood with Wolfenstein or is it not really necessary? Also, Pro Evo 2015?
    anyone played the hitman games? any good?

Very much an acquired taste. Give Blood money a go if you're interested. Basically the goal of the game is to assassinate people. In Blood Money how you choose to do is very much left your own freedom. That might sound appealing. I like to think of the game as more a puzzler than a stealth game. Don't get me wrong there is stealth and tension. Most the time though the formula. Is find the guy who's got access to X, steal their uniform and disguise yourself as them. Then find the guy who has access to Y, rinse, repeat. There are some fun creative solutions you can come up with for killing people. You have to be patient though. It's an acquired taste. I like it. I'm recommending it to you. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

old blood is stand alone afaik

• Advertisement

Do I need Old Blood with Wolfenstein or is it not really necessary? Also, Pro Evo 2015?

Very much an acquired taste. Give Blood money a go if you're interested. Basically the goal of the game is to assassinate people. In Blood Money how you choose to do is very much left your own freedom. That might sound appealing. I like to think of the game as more a puzzler than a stealth game. Don't get me wrong there is stealth and tension. Most the time though the formula. Is find the guy who's got access to X, steal their uniform and disguise yourself as them. Then find the guy who has access to Y, rinse, repeat. There are some fun creative solutions you can come up with for killing people. You have to be patient though. It's an acquired taste. I like it. I'm recommending it to you. :P
    ah ill pick the bundle up so sure its so cheap lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just bought Metro Redux Bundle, Fractured Space and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

It begins!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Thinking of getting wasteland 2 for twenty euros. Never bought anything in a steam sale, so do you think it will come down more in price?

Word of warning, don't go out for cocktails and then look at the steam sale.

Valkyria Chronicles
    Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked up homeworld and nidhogg today, really looking forward to some fun plays of nidhogg and lost nights to homeworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Thinking of getting wasteland 2 for twenty euros. Never bought anything in a steam sale, so do you think it will come down more in price?

It's a daily deal, so it shouldn't get any lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gonna pick up Witcher 2 and possibly Wolfenstein: New Order tomorrow! My first purchase of the sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone got anything negative to say about Wolfenstien the New order?
    Not enough gore, and no screams or groans when they die.
    Nope it won't.
    -75% of 49,99€ =12,49€

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wolfenstein/

*giggles*

Hehehe. You think it's going to stop when you reach that 20 quid in your wallet.

Who said anything about stopping...I'm sure I'll be apologising to my bank account on June 22nd :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

First hit to my wallet's been taken with the 2 most recent Wolfenstein releases. FPS is very much my cuppa tea and I knew I'd get around to it sooner or later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Just bought stranded deep and I regret it already. Played it for 5 minutes and the crafting system is broken. Dammit!

Maybe a refund is in order.

Also picked up the old blood which I know I will be very happy with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So since Old Blood is a prequel, should I play it first or is it more of an improvement? Is it just related to it and/or it would make more sense to play the full game first?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shiminay wrote: »
    So since Old Blood is a prequel, should I play it first or is it more of an improvement? Is it just related to it and/or it would make more sense to play the full game first?

Old Blood leads directly into New Order. The play sequence wouldn't matter. But playing Old Blood first would make them appear as one large single game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I picked it up on G2Play last October for just over €13 so I'd imagine it will drop further. Unless you want to play it now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone tried Salt? Looks pretty, no idea how it plays. Worth seven fifty?

I regret nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Links234 wrote: »
    I regret nothing!

What's games did you get then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone tried Salt? Looks pretty, no idea how it plays. Worth seven fifty?

It looks interesting, but open world, Minecraft-style games are a dime a dozen at this stage. The catch for this looks to be pirates, so if you want a pirate simulator, go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Picked up Legend of Grimrock II - not gonna get better than 75% off.

• Advertisement

jaxdasher wrote: »
    What's games did you get then?

The ones I mentioned last night, Valkyria Chronicles and Wolfenstein: The New Order. I'm just saying that today I have no regrets and it could've been much worse! I was there saying to my girlfriend "The steam app is seriously dangerous" and she asked why, I showed her. :pac:

It could've been seriously worse, because I had thought of adding Child of Light and Valiant Hearts to my basket as well. Valiant Hearts is still tempting me tbh.

Advertisement