Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convergence V Secret Wars.

Options
  • 27-05-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

convergence-secret-wars.jpg?w=600

Is it Just Me, Or is 'Secret Wars' And DC's 'Convergence' The Exact Same Story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

With one crucial difference: Secret Wars > Convergence

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

With one crucial difference: Secret Wars > Convergence
    You might be right, But I'm not going to buy into two different comics telling the same story, Especially seeing that they have both gone down this road before, and both titles lead to very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

They're actually very different stories with common elements. That said, Convergence was a boring and secret Wars is actually entertaining and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Im more of a DC fan, but i'll agree Secret Wars is a more interesting story, i thought Convergence was rather boring. Also Secret Wars has the return of Old Man Logan.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

.....................Secret Wars has the return of Old Man Logan.
    I have to agree that that alone is a good reason to pick up Secret wars.

I think DC have dropped the ball in the last year, Future's End lead to nothing, massive story that took in every Hero you would want to see in an epic, Some new heroes to liven it all up, Then at the end what do You have? A year long prequel to the New Batman Beyond story. Not good enough.
    I was hoping that Convergence would end with the Futures end story interlacing or "Converging" with the current DC universe.
    Guess I just have to hope the Walking Dead picks up the pace and restore My love for comics. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I think Secret Wars is great. Yes these types of stories have been done before but the reason they're repeated is because they can be a lot of fun. In a nutshell, secret wars is exactly what the skottie young cover for issue 1 is: Doom playing with action figures of your favourite marvel characters, with his rules.

Like Superior Spidy, this status quo won't last forever but for the moment, I'm happy to live with battleworld for a good while yet.

Haven't touched Convergence as yet. I keep meaning to catch up with DC... But I missed Trinity War... Then I said that I'd catch up with Forever Evil... And then I looked at Future's End and backed away slowly...

Advertisement