Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbered Flower-Pots in Kilgarvan

Options
  • 27-05-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Now, either there has been a spate of flower-thefts in Kilgarvan or else a competition is being held...

Driving through today I spotted some Beautiful Flower-Pots scattered all around the village, and numbered. Seriously brighten up the village as you drive through.

Either numbered so they know which ones get stolen from which area ; or numbered for a flower competition. Hoping for the latter. I only took photos of these 3 attached :)

Anyone know anything about the numbered flower-pots in Kilgarvan?

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

CXVt4xL.jpg
    ivatZO8.jpg
    9y35ssM.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Are they new post codes experiments maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Are they new post codes experiments maybe?

What like Kerry-Shtyle?! Not quite :)

The info I've received: They are sponsored flower-pots organised by the Kilgarvan Tidy Towns Committee ; numbered so you know which is yours to maintain. The flower-pots are only for 25Euro with the monies going to the parish :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Are they not for the annual Healy-Rae gathering, with each family member given a number and then to stand by the flower pot with same number and the number depicts the succession rights? :)

Number 1 = Michael Healy Rae - current TD.

Number 2 = Next in line to fill the seat, etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

delahuntv wrote: »
    Are they not for the annual Healy-Rae gathering, with each family member given a number and then to stand by the flower pot with same number and the number depicts the succession rights? :)

Number 1 = Michael Healy Rae - current TD.

Number 2 = Next in line to fill the seat, etc etc etc.

Pop back there to Michael and tell me what he says to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Got an update today and they are for the permit holders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement