Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane gig

Options
  • 27-05-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm having a bit of a dilemma about Slane, will be going on 20 weeks and feeling good but still not sure if I should go. Other people advise me to go but I don't know. You can't bring in deck chairs or anything. Is any other pregnant ladies going or have gone in the past pregnant? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

I went to U2 when pregnant years ago and it was brilliant. (I think I was around 25 weeks or so) During that pregnancy I was at another outdoor festival too and a few soccer matches. You'll be fine, 20 weeks is a great time to be out enjoying yourself. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and take lots of breaks from standing. As long as the pregnancy is going well there is nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I would've gone to a seated gig, or one with seating, but not one I had to stand at. Then again that's my rule for gigs in general, pregnant or not, I hate standing for hours! That would be the only reason I wouldn't go, I didn't need to go to the bathroom more than usual and wasn't uncomfortable until about 30 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It will be a fairly long day of standing, maybe bring a black bag that you can at least pop on the ground to have a dry seat on. I've been to a good few gigs in the pregnancy, no festivals though. At twenty weeks you should have a fair amount of energy too, I would encourage you to go.

Worst bit about Slane is the walk to get in and out of the place, pregnant or not!

My hubby is playing a festival when I'm 39+4 and I'm thinking of going, though I imagine portaloos will be a nightmare at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Thanks for your replies ladies. I think I will go. Hope the weather isn't as bad as forcast though. And goodluck to the lady who's hubby is playing at a festival, fair dues to u considering going, your OH should be proud! :)

Advertisement