Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd party VOIP on D1000 modem?

Options
  • 27-05-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I just got my D1000 modem for broadband (slow...:() and am trying to use my 3rd party voip phone. But so far I have no success. It connects to the wifi, but not ringing to make phone calls. How can I configure the modem to make it work? 

Ps. Oh... btw, the voip phone works fine with UPC when I tried it in my friends home, and even works on my iPhone 3G hotspot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tracer0000 wrote: »
    I just got my D1000 modem for broadband (slow...:() and am trying to use my 3rd party voip phone. But so far I have no success. It connects to the wifi, but not ringing to make phone calls. How can I configure the modem to make it work? 

Ps. Oh... btw, the voip phone works fine with UPC when I tried it in my friends home, and even works on my iPhone 3G hotspot.
    Hi tracer000

I can confirm that VOIP is not provided by eircom and as a result we will be unable to assist with VOIP issues or indeed the modification of the modem to suit third party functions or equipment like Voip Phones.

You are still welcome to pursue this functionality at your own discretion though. Please follow the below link to the D1000 user manual:

http://support.eircom..../TECHNICAL_QUESTIONS

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement