Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After opting for TV, I loose ~5Mb

Options
  • 27-05-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Many months ago I signed up for the TV bundle and in the process I lost some bandwidth which was expected... however, it turns out I can't get the TV bundle because I have opted for a fixed IP address... but I never got the bandwidth back....

Prior to requesting the TV my average download speed was 85.95 Mb (based on 20 samples over four months) after it dropped to (and remains at) 81.05Mb ...

It's only about 5Mb but every little counts.... can I have it back please?
    Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Many months ago I signed up for the TV bundle and in the process I lost some bandwidth which was expected... however, it turns out I can't get the TV bundle because I have opted for a fixed IP address... but I never got the bandwidth back....

Prior to requesting the TV my average download speed was 85.95 Mb (based on 20 samples over four months) after it dropped to (and remains at) 81.05Mb ...

Mike
    Hi michaelotoole

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll ask technical support to look in to this.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

The Evision service Eircom provides tv but it does absorb a portion of the bandwidth to supply this service.

I believe the speed drop you have mentioned is for their standard definition service, HD service would use slightly more.

So if you continue to avail of eircoms tv package this bandwidth will be absorbed and you wont get this back.

Mike
    Hi michaelotoole

I've had confirmation that Sour Lemonz (poster above) is indeed correct - the evision does indeed absorb a portion of the bandwidth and unless the evision is removed the 5Mb cannot be replaced.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

As I mentioned above, I don't have evision, I tried to get it but as I have a fixed IP it was not possible... The problem appears to be, that whatever steps were taken to accomplish this were not undone...

Also sorry for the delay in posting back... I rely on notification of posts and didn't receive an email...

@Al, what info do you require...

As I mentioned above, I don't have evision, I tried to get it but as I have a fixed IP it was not possible... The problem appears to be, that whatever steps were taken to accomplish this were not undone...

Also sorry for the delay in posting back... I rely on notification of posts and didn't receive an email...

@Al, what info do you require...
    No worries michaelotoole

I'll need your eircom account number, please send it by private message

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement