Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder contract

Options
  • 27-05-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, please move if this isn't the place.

We have decided to employ a childminder to come to our home. Does anyone have a sample contract they would be willing to share? We've agreed the terms verbally, such as hours, salary and holidays. I want to put everything possible in writing (eg behaviour management policy, overtime etc) in a contract so we're clear from the start. I know we'll have to register as an employer and I'll be getting in touch with revenue about this. Anyone any advice on payslips, PRSI payments and that kind of thing? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can help with the contract but it will be tomorrow or Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I pm'd you, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Lazygal we didn't do up a contract at all. Perhaps we should have... Our minder is only coming a couple days per week tho till the end of the summer. Regarding behaviour management, well the last 3 weeks I've been getting her to come in for full days while I've been home. So she can see exactly how I deal with their behaviour. I've also told her to be quite firm with my toddler if she needs to. It's a good idea about the contract tho. I had never really even thought of one...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I want a contract so there's no sudden misunderstanding about something. I've heard of people having major problems in terms of how discipline, food etc is managed so I'm trying to head those issues off as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

You can find one on the Meath county child care website

• Advertisement
Advertisement