Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giulio's in Mulhuddart - 1/2 price fish and chips

Options
  • 27-05-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭

Just finished my smoked cod and chips.
    Bloody super.
    €4.20.
    And proper, full portions :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

List of chippers that are ITICA members and are also doing half price fish and chips here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Is it only Fish & chips that are half price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes just fish and chips. I had some from Salvetta's in Corduff earlier, queue out the door and they weren't doing their usual Wednesday buy one get one free snackbox deal.

Absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

We get it in Giulios(our regular chipper unless we use justeat)

Got it in Salvetta's one year and said never again, like they were just sitting there cooked, order comes in, quick fry/heat up here you go. Was not nice and it’s a shame as easier to get to and from compared to Mulhuddart

No scratch card this year(won a can once), just some leaflet and poster to get you to sign up/text with a chance to win money

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I was playing tag last night out near the parents place so I thought Id bring them in a bag of chips, not knowing about this great national chip holiday, went to one local establishment and the queue was 20 deep, went to another and it was longer!!! Are people that hungry for chips at 1.20 rather than 2.40??!!

I bought pizza instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jeffk wrote: »
    Got it in Salvetta's one year and said never again, like they were just sitting there cooked, order comes in, quick fry/heat up here you go. Was not nice and it’s a shame as easier to get to and from compared to Mulhuddart

Salvettas won chipper of the year not too long ago. I always like their stuff, fish is good. But like you, last time the chips weren't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fish was freshly cooked yesterday. Watched them do it myself :) batter was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Salvettas is an excellent chipper. It's operated by the same family for over 30 years and not only have I ever experienced an issue with it, I'm not aware of anyone who has.

Try the batter burger tray ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

All it takes is one bad experience and people are gone, not as if there isn't a lot of choice of where to go.

Id imagine that's the idea of this day, get people in, do your best and they will hopefully come back and pay full price

Advertisement