Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graupner Peso - Where could I get a new main wing?

• 27-05-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Seems to be discontinued on their website..thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Do you think there would be anyway to get a similar wing to fit on this model? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If they are not available, building your own wings would be one option. If you have any of the original wings left, that would help with rib shape etc.

Bruthal wrote: »
    If they are not available, building your own wings would be one option. If you have any of the original wings left, that would help with rib shape etc.

I just want to get it flying tbh....not sure about the idea of taking on a seperate building project....actually; how long would it take to build such a thing?

Can you give me an idea of where to start finding a plan to suit my model actually? I'm thinking it's the only choice now.

euser1984 wrote: »
    Can you give me an idea of where to start finding a plan to suit my model actually? I'm thinking it's the only choice now.

Do you have any of the original wing left?

• Advertisement

There is a whole one on ebay as well, if the dollars are not a consideration.

There is a whole one on ebay as well, if the dollars are not a consideration.

What did you type in? I just tried peso wing on .ie, co.uk & .com

euser1984 wrote: »
    What did you type in? I just tried peso wing on .ie, co.uk & .com
    I typed in Graupner Peso. It is the whole plane by the look of it.

It was .ie but the item is in Germany

Yeah it's the whole plane alright... :( Fair play to you for helping out though... :)

Its not too difficult to make a new wing, especially if you have some of the old one, to get a template of the ribs used.

• Advertisement

Its not too difficult to make a new wing, especially if you have some of the old one, to get a template of the ribs used.

I'm afraid I don't have anything of the old one because it seems that it was removed from my home place.....

I've checked hobbyking and ebay and I don't seem to be able to find any balsa kits for building a wing....In fact I can't even find any readily built ones....

Do you know where I could get a fairly standard generic wing or kit? All the requirements are that it needs to be about 1.3m and have ailerons.

Thanks man.

I still haven't made any progress on this issue....I can't understand why nothing comes up on ebay or the like when I search for a sailplane/glider wing....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 batskat

look this thread

There are ways to make cheap simple fold over depron wings that will fly that PESO and can be built in less than 2 hours first time and probably half hour second time round

Ok might not have facy win tips but will fly as good and sometimes better

batskat

look this thread
    boards ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96215033#post96215033

There are ways to make cheap simple fold over depron wings that will fly that PESO and can be built in less than 2 hours first time and probably half hour second time round

Ok might not have facy win tips but will fly as good and sometimes better

batskat

look this thread
    boards ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96215033#post96215033

Ok might not have fancy wing tips but will fly as good and sometimes better

batskat

Advertisement