Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriGrand Prix Triathlon in Kilkenny 25th July 2015

Options
  • 27-05-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

Would anyone know whether the above event is taking place? It is advertised on the Tri Grand Prix Kilkenny Triathlon website but registration does not seem to be open as yet.

Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Doesn't look like there is any dates for this summer.

@MOD can you move this to a new thread please?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'm not sure about the Tri Grandprix one but Kilkenny Tri club are holding their own race on the 20th Aug it looks to be based in the Castle grounds. https://register.sportstiming.ie/ps/event/VGraphKTCSprintTriathlon

The open roads are a pain in the hole at the Tri grand prix event it looks to be the same for Kilkenny tri clubs event there are numerous roundabouts to negotiate.

Great location for transition albeit a pox of a run up to it. If you've sensitive feet you're shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Great location for transition albeit a pox of a run up to it. If you've sensitive feet you're shagged.

The soles of my feet are woefully sensitive and I've done this race three times with no problems. The run is steep, yes, but that's about it.

Ah it's not silky smooth to be fair maybe you just ran faster than me :)

I wouldn't say it's steep either though but of a bump to run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Ah it's not silky smooth to be fair maybe you just ran faster than me :)

I wouldn't say it's steep either though but of a bump to run up.

I meant the steps are steep! Compared to a usual swim exit anyway. Definitely not the easiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Anyone know if this is definitely going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Saturday Sept 19th now instead

• Registered Users Posts: 25 boboloo

Hi

I have been trying to register for the above event but I am unable to do so. Does anyone know how I can register ? The Active Registration Page is not active.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

boboloo wrote: »
    Hi

I have been trying to register for the above event but I am unable to do so. Does anyone know how I can register ? The Active Registration Page is not active.

Many thanks

As far as I am aware this event is Not going ahead.
    (Due to the lack of interest)

boboloo wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks

If you're looking to do one specifically in kilkenny you could always do this one although it's on the July 3rd;

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/VGRAPHKTCSPRINT2016

Ran by kilkenny tri club and from all accounts supposed to be a good race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 boboloo

Thanks for all your responses. Pity it's not going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

If you're looking to do one specifically in kilkenny you could always do this one although it's on the July 3rd;

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/VGRAPHKTCSPRINT2016

Ran by kilkenny tri club and from all accounts supposed to be a good race.

There does not seem to be much details about this race regarding course etc, any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

There does not seem to be much details about this race regarding course etc, any info?

assuming its the same as last year:

downstream swim in a river
    transition in Kilkenny castle grounds, bit of a run to get to it but its ok
    cycle a mix of main and back roads, a little short of 20km, think about 19.6km but not sure
    run two loops mainly in the park with a section on the footpath outside the park, bit of trail, stones, tar and footpath

last year it was well organised had a decent turnout and it was enough for me to sign up again

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

TriGrand Prix Kilkenny is not going ahead. I've been involved in the swim safety and we have been told it is not going ahead.
    Kilkenny Triathlon Club sprint triathlon is going ahead on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 damonh78

Is it definitely cancelled?
    I got a mail saying it was cancelled, but there is nothing on the website or elsewhere that confirms this.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

The reg seems a bit early alright, finishing at 09:30, 5 phased starts from 11 - 11:50. Im travelling for a bit, are they strict if im a bit late. Shame you cant register online and just collect a few things at the start and finish.

Advertisement