Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance for Rental Property where tenants are chosen by local authority

Options
  • 27-05-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi looking for some advice please, I have let my property to a local authority for the next 15 years, the local authority have taken full responsibility for the property and therefore tenants are chosen from the current housing list in place, I have no say in who occupies the property. The property was insured with Allianz until recently when they stated that as I have no say on who the tenant is they will not renew my insurance. Does anyone have any idea if there is a company that will offer house insurance under these circumstances? Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

A member of my family lives in a county council managed house and as far as I know, the council deal with insurance for the building structure and the tenants take care of insurance for their personal belongings.
    The quickest way to find out would be to ring your contact in the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anddee

That's great, thanks so much for your advice.

Advertisement