Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO choices?

Options
  • 27-05-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm really stuck with my CAO choices at the moment. I'm starting my leaving cert this day a week and I'm really not sure what to pursue after school.

French is my favourite class but I'm not sure if thats because I love my teacher. I am very good at French and have always had an aptitude for language. For this reason, I am considering doing language after school. My only problem is that I'm not sure of the career paths and I'm not 100% if I want to teach.
    However I am also an A student in biology and I am considering biology in college. It interests me and I find it easy.

What should I put down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

If you're interested in biology and you want to pursue it further, I would go for science - you can always continue to study languages on the side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would see the language as a plus you can add on to any course. You could do an Erasmus year in France and get your French to a really good standard, no matter what degree you are doing.

I wouldn't advise anyone to go near teaching at the moment.

Advertisement