Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholemeal Scones

Options
  • 27-05-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Could I get a recipe for brown scones please? I dont want the really light ones like you get when you use an Odlums mix. Ive searched the internet. Some recipes have eggs and sugar in them. Is this necessary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

http://odlums.ie/recipes/brown-scones/

I don't use the Odlums mixes but I find their baking website brilliant. I like these savoury brown scones from it.

You can leave out the sugar if you like. If you prefer a slightly heavier texture you can substitute half the wholemeal flour for spelt or buckwheat flour and add a little more baking powder. A teaspoon or molasses instead of the sugar is also an option. You can pretty much tweak the recipe however you like to suit your taste, once you keep the basic proportions of flour, fat and liquid.

Advertisement