Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dimension 3000 upgrade

Options
  • 27-05-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

I have an old dimension 3000 and been thinking of doing a complete upgrade of it to modern day spec. I haven't built a computer before and want to learn.

What I'm wondering is can the dimension 3000 be upgraded, like motherboard ram graphics processor everything really and also what would be a full list of parts that I need?

In terms of processor I'm going with an amd graphics would be either amd or nvidia

Thanks for any help given

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can't be upgraded to anything useful really, better off building from scratch.

What's your budget and what will the PC be used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnzeShane

Can't be upgraded to anything useful really, better off building from scratch.

What's your budget and what will the PC be used for?

Ah cools thanks for that. I haven't really set a budget. Figured as seen as iv never done it before I thought I would start of basic so I'd know what I'd be doing and eventually build a high end one that'd be near enough a gaming machine

Can build a decent gaming machine for 500, getting pretty good power at about 700, 800 is the sweet spot IMO.

Your budget is how much you can justify spending on a dragon fighting simulation machine :o

Hmm in that case il have a look around at parts and see what I can find. Any idea on a good shop to get parts other then maplin that you know of?

I can give you a list if you want. Hardwareversand.de is what most recommend here, Amazon is good too

• Advertisement

Cools will have a look at them two and see what the have :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

go over to the pc building forum and there is a form to fill out and the guys will help you pick parts based on your budget

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I have a Dimension 3000 myself and while you can upgrade it pretty cheaply to be able to surf the web comfortably, you'll never be able to use it for any more than that. The days of being able to game on a machine like that are well and truly gone.

Advertisement