Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbows in Finnegans Lake near Tuam

Options
  • 27-05-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm curious about Finnegans Lake because it allegedly has Rainbow Trout that repopulate naturally, something which is unusual in Ireland. The website link for the lake I found seems to not be active anymore. Would anybody have a link to an active website or up to date contact details so I can enquire about fishing there? Is the lake still worth fishing?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

soapbloggs wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm curious about Finnegans Lake because it allegedly has Rainbow Trout that repopulate naturally, something which is unusual in Ireland. The website link for the lake I found seems to not be active anymore. Would anybody have a link to an active website or up to date contact details so I can enquire about fishing there? Is the lake still worth

fishing?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

No more fishing I fished there few times lovely spot, someone tried to re open but failed...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭soapbloggs

Ah that's a pitty. :(

Yea sure is, but there's lovely place in oughterard, it's a trout fishery small, but it's very nice and stocked well, micheal faherty owns it, if you could travel give it a go, as I said its small 2 acres but the fish in there fight like Bulls!!!

Sounds great, I'll definitely check it out!

Yea you should, the prices are very reasonable, you get to keep 2 trout(taste nice too)... If you need any info about flies etc pm me!

• Advertisement

I went fishing there and took friends. We had a great day, especially as they were beginners, they became hooked very quickly. Thank you for the recommendation!

soapbloggs wrote: »
    I went fishing there and took friends. We had a great day, especially as they were beginners, they became hooked very quickly. Thank you for the recommendation!
    That's great! It's little gem I think always worth ago when the season for trout is closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭shanye

I have being looking for details on this fishery what is his website or Facebook page or whats his business name ?...

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1244657735&tsid=0.7702654283493757&source=typeahead There you go, send him a message, don't have his phone number but I'll have look if you want!

shanye wrote: »
    I have being looking for details on this fishery what is his website or Facebook page or whats his business name ?...

This has his phone numbers and other information. http://www.uniqueirishhostels.com/http:__www.uniqueirishhostels.com/Oughterard.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement