Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Newly refurbished"

Options
  • 27-05-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Currently looking for a place to move home to, have conceded i will have to move out of the pale.

I have been noticing on my search that alot of the properties are pretty useless and their description is like the estate agents are trying to rent out other buildings entirely.

This particular one took the biscuit today I dont know how estate agents honestly think ANYONE would think this is newly refurbished at all at all!!!!!

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/dublin-rd-trim-meath/1552657/

Complete with the lovely and brand spanking new pink bathroom suite.......

Can daft.ie not have someone who glances over these before they are put up and reject or accept them by not conforming to description or something along those lines...

As an aside i feel it should be mandatory to have more than one photo feck sake.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ring up and ask if they can put up any of the "after" refurbishment picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

it looks like it got a new carpet, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

it looks like it got a new carpet, thats it.

good spot man, but honestly new carpet (the same carpet throughout the entire house) does not a refurb make!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Currently looking for a place to move home to, have conceded i will have to move out of the pale.

I have been noticing on my search that alot of the properties are pretty useless and their description is like the estate agents are trying to rent out other buildings entirely.

This particular one took the biscuit today I dont know how estate agents honestly think ANYONE would think this is newly refurbished at all at all!!!!!

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/dublin-rd-trim-meath/1552657/

Complete with the lovely and brand spanking new pink bathroom suite.......

Can daft.ie not have someone who glances over these before they are put up and reject or accept them by not conforming to description or something along those lines...

As an aside i feel it should be mandatory to have more than one photo feck sake.

That is nothing if you see some of the dumps they put for sale with "great potential" or "excellent opportunity to put your personal touch". (for 50K +)
    Took a drive to check the front of a property I am supposed to view friday. The house needs to be demolished. I viewed another one at 220K and you see cracks everywhere and traces of water leaks coming from the roof along the walls... Its pitiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Looks like there's a new carpet , some of the rooms look like they have been skimmed and painted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

You see this all the time, in Dublin to, with furniture and kitchen fittings from the 70's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ted1 wrote: »
    Looks like there's a new carpet , some of the rooms look like they have been skimmed and painted

Thought the same here too, it doesn't look too bad at all imo

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

Noticing this a lot in my hunt for a rental too. Recently refurbished with a can of magnolia paint and furniture from someone's nana's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cheap office type carpet and I would hazard a guess the owners have died and family are renting it out or in a home.

Once you get old musty smell out ya should be fine.

Wow the pink toilet and that is a good one reminds me of the green ones use to see a lot. Oh how that makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

You'd think if there was any refurbishment work going on that they would have fixed the leak and ceiling in the sitting room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It brings to mind a newspaper ad I saw in pre-internet days - about 1980, I think. The property for sale was a Norman tower house. The ad described it as "built c.1200, modernised c.1940".

Advertisement