Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nettle wine advice

Options
  • 27-05-2015 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

I just made a nettle wine with ginger and lemon...its working away now a couple days bubbling away..cant think of the word when its "doing its thing"

It says on the recipe, leave for six months...then nothing
    now for my question(s)...

Q. do i leave the bung with oxygen cap on it for the whole time?

when the bubbles stop do i just put a seal on it?

Q. it says use alot of wine nutrient. i put in one packet.should i add another later in time?

Q. Can i put in some herbs like a little lavender or such in it soon or closer to the end? ie; about into 4 or 5 months brewing...

hope someone has some insight on this :) cuz id say its gonna be Feckin tasty refreshing drink...i also used high alcohol wine yeast

Tom ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

bigtomm wrote: »
    do i leave the bung with oxygen cap on it for the whole time?
    Sure. No reason not to.
    when the bubbles stop do i just put a seal on it?
    I'd strongly recommend not doing so. If fermentation hasn't completely finished and you seal the bottle it could explode. Really you should be taking gravity readings every once in a while. When they're steady you can seal the bottle.
    it says use alot of wine nutrient. i put in one packet.should i add another later in time?
    It's bubbling, so it's fermenting, so you don't need more nutrient.
    Can i put in some herbs like a little lavender or such in it soon or closer to the end?
    Sure, if you want to. I'd suggest boiling them to sanitise them first and then add them cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

lovely hurling....although gravity readings is vertigo to me...
    i think i might have some lovely neddlt wine come hallowween

Advertisement