Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

My assumption would be that whatever happens is integral to the plot and would damage the finale if it were removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

If there going on what happened does that mean some one ends up getting shoot and killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They could imply it and show the aftermath.

Was just thinking, I wonder if it airs simultaneously or between now and next week anywhere outside the States that it could be available. I know it happens with some other shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Was getting all excited to get home and see the finale... then I realised today was Wednesday.

4591aUo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Anyone know if they're editing the finale or showing as is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone know if they're editing the finale or showing as is?
    AFAIK it's as-is which is the reason for the delay - editing would have removed a key plot-point from what I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just received this email:
    01001101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01110100 01110101 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01100001 01100110 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100100 01101001 01110100 01110011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

syklops wrote: »

Nice :D

I will.

That was mentioned earlier in the thread too. That's a pretty cool way of delivering it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

syklops wrote: »

It says "Make sure to stay tuned after the credits" for anyone wondering wtf or too lazy to translate

• Advertisement

This show... what a show. So well written.

Pl2UgJa.gif

Still have unanswered questions, but it's so good. I knew I recognised that song at the end on the harp, had to listen a few times.

"Nearer my god to thee"... then saw it was played at the end of Titanic... which Gideon said he felt like he was on earlier in the episode.

And at the end of it all? It's still people in dark rooms seemingly in control and knowing what's going on, even when it seems there's chaos around.

That scene with Tyrell's wife was amazing, even though it was so short, I was on the edge of my seat for it, and we still have the unanswered question about Tyrell. Such a good show. Roll on Season 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I only started watching this last week and caught up today. I was a bit underwhelmed with the finale. Where does it go from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Good episode but found the last few episodes much better. Also they were right to not show it last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Not as good as the previous three episodes but still interesting and obviously felt no need to answer much of anything given that they knew the series had been renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Watched all show,most episodes were ok-as in hacks in them were real life scenarios in most cases.But some sick stuff was off putting-sort of felt like browsing trough 4chan site.

didnt get the idea-how characters like Angela could end up working at front of security firm with 0 knowledge of exploit or ddos attack :confused:

Also point where Mr.Robot was revealed as Elliot was real mindF%^ and seemed to push show another 100 miles towards questioning why is it even worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Not as good as the previous three episodes but still interesting and obviously felt no need to answer much of anything given that they knew the series had been renewed.

My exact thoughts. I was wondering if they knew they had been renewed when writing this episode. Previous episodes seemed to be heading towards a big event or reveal. Did they have a moment of realising Oh crap we've got nothing for season 2 so lets string those question on a bit longer??

scamalert wrote: »
    didnt get the idea-how characters like Angela could end up working at front of security firm with 0 knowledge of exploit or ddos attack :confused:

This is any job, anywhere, ever. Where ever I've worked there's always been at least one person that I look at and think "How on earth did you get your job here?" Half the meetings I sit in with sales people in places I've worked, I'm mentally face palming with some of the things said.

I really liked the last episode. I always go into season finales with a sort of nonchalant mind frame anyway, experience has probably taught me that. The big sort of 'climax' moment was in the 2nd last episode, so you could sort of tell that the last episode was going to sort of tidy things up. Happens in most shows when the 2nd last one is so big and dramatic that the final episode isn't as intense, for want of a better word. At least that's my experience of things.

There cliff hanger from the 2nd last episode is still there, in some ways. OK, so we know that they 'executed the plan' and the all the financial data was wiped, but at the same time we still have zero idea as to what exactly happened. I actually really liked the approach. There's sort of a sense of closure, whilst still so many questions.

My thoughts are that because they only got the go ahead for Season 2 during this season that instead of 'doing a Lost' when they go the go ahead (read as: let's throw in loads of pointless crap and meandering tangents and see how many seasons we can get out of this) that they sort of said, "OK, well we wrote season 1 to end like this, so let's still go ahead with it, but let's leave this part open now and we'll use that going into Season 2."

Banta wrote: »
    My thoughts are that because they only got the go ahead for Season 2 during this season that instead of 'doing a Lost' when they go the go ahead (read as: let's throw in loads of pointless crap and meandering tangents and see how many seasons we can get out of this) that they sort of said, "OK, well we wrote season 1 to end like this, so let's still go ahead with it, but let's leave this part open now and we'll use that going into Season 2."

The show got renewed for a second season before it even aired, not during the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Anyone get a feeling they changed the last episode once they knew it was renewed for season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Very confused during the last five minutes of the episode- possibly because Eliiot is so mad. Like Fight Club, these concepts of destroying financial systems are a bit infantile. Enjoyed the season overall, I have no idea where they will go with season 2.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    The show got renewed for a second season before it even aired, not during the season.

You are, of course, correct. I'd forgotten about this little nugget of information. So that implies that it ended exactly how they wanted it to then.

Another great episode with its own big reveal after the credits. The whole way they dealt with the financial crisis, the whole time up to now we had been leading to the hack, this moment that would define FSociety and then the show decides we dont need to see them press a big button, lets just skip to the aftermath. It was an interesting way of showing it and how really its only a small part of a much bigger picture. After the credits the scene with Price sitting there with not a care in the world, a financial crisis going on outside and chaos all around him yet he seems completely at ease. A room full of people who clearly are pulling the strings and are the real enemy, not evil corp or the other corporate entities. Also seeing White Rose as part of this elite group set up so many other questions around which side they are on and whats the bigger agenda. We also get a plot point going forward around the Congo and the Coltan mines which from a technology and economic point of view is a really interesting story line for them to use. All in all a great first season and really looking forward to seeing where they go with season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i thought it a brilliant season finale, not in that it was epic or anything but in that it was so well done, we didnt get to see it all fall apart, we were there when it had fallen apart, seeing the aftermath of what fSociety had done, they could have waited till season 2 to show us, but they only had 10 episodes, and i think they made the right call to not show the immediate fallout, deutschland 83 had a similar problem this year, not really enough time to tell a full story, so decisions had to be made, but where deutschland squeezed in to much story to quick and felt a little rushed, Mr Robot just skipped the unnecessary parts, and had a more fluid feel to it,

tyrells disappearance was a little odd, and his wife didnt seem to taken aback by elliot, i wonder if she already knows him, she looked pretty intimidating in that scene, more so than ever before, you really felt elliots discomfort around her, even asking us should he be afraid,

i loved how their constantly breaking down the 4th wall, you nearly feel like shouting at elliot at times, when he was talking to Mr Robot and the rest of his family, and even Mr Robot was saying we cant do anything to help him, hes just gone off the reservation altogether at this point,

i wonder who was knocking on his door at the end, Darlene, the dogs owner, or even Angela, who seemed to have some kind of epiphany just before her boss blew his brains out on a live newcast (they held off for that scene, and rightly so, and its not a scene that could have been removed), i wonder if she clicked what was being done and that she may know something or what, i also see shes in the PR department, a much better roll for her, i said earlier that while shes not really at a top computing expert, shes seems much better at the corporate side of things, thus her managerial role at Allsafe, shell probably do well at evil corp, i think that scene with the shoes though was a little to far, maybe in 2 seasons or so, seems a bit quick for her to lose her morals that fast,

i wonder what their gonna do with gideon, now that Allsafe if gone, i wonder if hell be around next season, would he end up working under angela somehow at evil corp,

its kinda funny how much goes on in the show and you dont even notice it, i suppose it shows how well theyve drawn us into their world, i must say this show has been a breath of fresh air, and i really hope they can maintain this over 4 or 5 seasons, i think 50-60 episodes would be a great run, anything past that i think may become a little convoluted, not many mystery kinda shows do well after that point,

really looking forward to season 2, itd be nice if like other USA shows it had a back 6 order, that way wed have new eps in january rather than next june

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Great how they managed to sneak in an Ashley Madison line at the start!

Can't wait for Season 2....who was banging at the door?? And then the snapshot to the Illuminati just as I was about to switch off. And Tyrells wife, crikey...what does she know? Riveting viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they really went all out promoting this show by hacking Ashley Madison just so they could reference it. :-)

I think it was either Tyrell or Angela at the door. Who was in the mask for fSociety on the video message. Didn't look like Elliot or Mr Robot.

Any guesses who they were talking about for the mine?

On another note, China White at the end and when he was in Jurassic World made me think he looks like Val Kilmer.

Just looked up translation what Mrs Wellick said to Elliot, ""If you have done something to him, I will kill you (or some translate to 'beat you to death')". Doesn't answer whether or not she's knows who Elliot is, but would appear she has no idea where Tyrell so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

TBH I thought, after such a great season, that the cliffhanger to be 'who is at the door' to be extremely disappointing.

Also, the whole schitzo trippy thing to me was also very poor and took up way to much screen time. I mean come on, We get that Mr Robot is only in his head, this is just dragging the revelation unnecessarily

So, amazing series, sh1te last episode.

Also, angelas character is completely unbelievable and makes no sense whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Angela's character is a lot like Taylor Kitsch's (Paul Woodrugh) in TD2

Completely f*cking pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Pity they got rid of Shayla so early and left us with two mopey female characters. The scene in time square with all the people in the masks reminded me alot of V for vendetta (the film anyway). This show in general seems to "borrow" from a lot of other Tv shows and films (Dexter,Fight Club come to mind)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Pity they got rid of Shayla so early and left us with two mopey female characters. The scene in time square with all the people in the masks reminded me alot of V for vendetta (the film anyway). This show in general seems to "borrow" from a lot of other Tv shows and films (Dexter,Fight Club come to mind)

I also get a Dystopian 'A Clockwork Orange/Taxi Driver' vibe from it

Advertisement