Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Mayb its a reflection of how Americans see Europe at the moment but the news channels seem to report riots in Europe (Estonia and Greece anyway) while in the USA they were just partying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not every show needs a cliffhanger or a big reveal in a series finale. This did however leave us wondering about things that will start us off nicely in S2 and we got those big moments in the last few episodes anyway.

Speaking of female characters, she does not have the biggest of roles but Wellick's wife is one of my favourite characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of female characters, she does not have the biggest of roles but Wellick's wife is one of my favourite characters.

She really enforces the whole I dig hot crazy chicks thing AJ Lee had going. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

scamalert wrote: »

didnt get the idea-how characters like Angela could end up working at front of security firm with 0 knowledge of exploit or ddos attack :confused:

IMO thats another gold star for the shows realism. I know people who don't just work in the front but are account managers and sales directors in security firms who don't know a NOP-sled from a loopback address.

Its very real and happens all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Angela's character is a lot like Taylor Kitsch's (Paul Woodrugh) in TD2

Completely f*cking pointless
    I have a feeling she'll be the baddie next season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I also get a Dystopian 'A Clockwork Orange/Taxi Driver' vibe from it

A bit of Memento in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great finale, I loved that scene in Time Square (breaking the 4th wall, the "Kingdom of Bulls**t" monologue, the beach scene on the jumbotron and the lady with the parrot on the train).

Did they really censor Big Mac? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭conorhal

Well the finale confirmed Mr Robot as the summer sensation of the TV season. It was satisfyingly nerve wracking and unhinged.
    For most of the episode I was sure that this was another of Elliot's psychotic breaks and it was entirely possible the hack hadn't even happened yet. The show really enjoys playing with it's audience that's for sure.

I still have a few quibbles though.

1) I'm not too sure about the whole, 'Illuminati' thing and their Davos bunker for the rich.
    While the masters of the 1% are an obvious foil for F-Society, it feels like a lazy direction for the show to go in and the most obvious and cliched villians to pick.
    It also risks the show collapsing into silly conspiracy theory territory.
    Part of the charm of the series for me was the fact that the bad guys were people you might be working for or next to. Mass murderers weren't mustache twirling Bond villians with rediculously elaborate plots to take over the world, they were grey men in boardrooms making actuarial decisions that were only concerned with their share price. The whole 'Illuminati' thing creates too much scope for silliness in my book.
    That said, Ismail has spent a lot of this season toying with the audience and playing with viewer expectations so who knows, he could brilliantly subvert my expectations again next season.

2) Why has everybody got the hump with Elliot? The last time he dissapeared his friends and family went into overdrive fearing he'd harm himself during a psychotic break, I assume by now everbody close to Elliot knows that he has 'problems'. So why were they all annoyed rather the worried by his latest dissapearance? His sister seemed wholly unconcerned.

3) Finally, does Elliot suffer from a plausible mental illness? The 'movie version of 'dissociative personality disorders' has a long and hoary old tradition and as such is a handy plot mcguffin, but deploy it too often and, again, you risk teetering into silliness and credibility stretching convenience.

The imagery used in this show is superb.

When Price was getting up to give his speech at the memorial, everything looked like a church or some cult, with everyone sat around the big E.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they really went all out promoting this show by hacking Ashley Madison just so they could reference it. :-)

I think it was either Tyrell or Angela at the door. Who was in the mask for fSociety on the video message. Didn't look like Elliot or Mr Robot.

Any guesses who they were talking about for the mine?

On another note, China White at the end and when he was in Jurassic World made me think he looks like Val Kilmer.

My understanding was that it was Elliot behind the mask. That was why they kept cutting between the eyes on the TV and his frequently. And then the look of comprehension as he realizes that it was him, but with no memory of actually doing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Not a bad show, will continue watching.

My biggest issue isn't with the show itself but rather, once again, with USA the network. Fuk these guys. They create a show that has curses in it only to censor them which just takes you out of the immersion of a show, especially when combined with their stupid logo permanently embedded on screen during episodes. Will they ever fuk off. They've a really unique and well praised show here, why do they have to negate the immersion with these silly things? HBO and other networks that produce the top quality 'hour long movie' style shows don't do things like this for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

I'm kinda hoping Tyrrell redeems himself ala Jaime Lannister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

They've a really unique and well praised show here, why do they have to negate the immersion with these silly things? HBO and other networks that produce the top quality 'hour long movie' style shows don't do things like this for that reason.

Unique it certianly is not. I like the show but By episode 3 I already said on this thread that I coudl tell Mr Robot was a Tyler Durden. This show is a blatant copy of many other shows and films also mentioned on this thread and a few more that are not.

But yea, US telivision has soem weird screwed of sets of Morals sometimes, Shows like "the following" where extreme graphic murder is the norm but noone ever curses of gets naked to the opposite like GOT and Spartacus where There seems to be a requirement to get naked and curse at every given oppertunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

It wasn't the best episode of the series, still some great scenes in it.

Am I the only one that wanted to see him (or someone) enter the command and press the enter key and then cut to the mounting panic in a control room somewhere as people realise something nasty is happening?

I was also waiting for Tyrell to turn up like the knight in shining armour and save the financial system because he had changed the code and had the encryption key and had drugged Elliot.

But then, Tyrell is one of the worms on that season 2 hook.... cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

im only half way through it, the pilot was brilliant but its dipped for me in the middle , will see how it goes. After just watching Sense8 I gust want some understandable plots with interesting characters

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alpha_a

Thought the last episode was a real let down to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

The imagery used in this show is superb.

My understanding was that it was Elliot behind the mask. That was why they kept cutting between the eyes on the TV and his frequently. And then the look of comprehension as he realizes that it was him, but with no memory of actually doing it.

Im pretty confident it was Tyrell behind the mask.

Over all I felt the series was only OK it didn't really grab me like some on here. I think its going to struggle with season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Im pretty confident it was Tyrell behind the mask.

It sounds like Tyrell for sure

Wasn't the voice altered though? It just seemed odd that they kept cutting between the eyes, as if to show blatantly that it was him.

Think my biggest misgiving about it is the worry for how they proceed, especially with young Elliot, Mr Robot, and his mum now taking over, as they say. I hope they don't continuously appear, because it would feel like they're flogging a dead horse.

I would imagine season two will focus heavily on the missing 36 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I also get a Dystopian 'A Clockwork Orange/Taxi Driver' vibe from it

The use of classical music, the lettering, and white on red...all very Stanley Kubrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i always say i dont mind if people reuse other stuff from film or tv, as long as they make it work, and i really must say they got a great amalgamation of stuff to work on this,

i just hope they can repeat it in season 2, i know a fair few didnt really seem to like the last episode, but its starting to become a staple now for the lead in episodes to be better than finale, game of thrones and person of interest have been doing it for years, its seems like a let down, but it generally just wraps things up and maybe get a little set-up for the next season in, and i can live with that, they knew before they filmed the last episode that they already had a second season, so there is no issue really, they have a whole 2nd season and probably more to tell it all,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Is this viewable legally in the UK or Ireland? I don't see it listed as being broadcast on any channel here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

veganrun wrote: »
    Is this viewable legally in the UK or Ireland? I don't see it listed as being broadcast on any channel here.

Nope, no TV networks over here had it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I must admit that when watching the scene of the fsociety 'spokesperson' mask, that I thought it was Tyrell. I thought it was going to trigger some sort of memory in Elliott after he watched it that it was part of the plan they'd come up with. But I was so focused at the time as well on trying to work out where Tyrell was.

Then it cut to the scene of the rest of fsociety watching and none of them seemed to question it, so I thought that maybe Elliot had prerecorded it.

Now I think the only thing that's clear to me is that I want to rematch it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Nope, no TV networks over here had it
    any plans for it to air in UK/IRL ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

yabadabado wrote: »
    any plans for it to air in UK/IRL ?

I saw this on "TV Wise" http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/07/acquisitions-buzz-blindspot-billions-mr-robot-supergirl-near-uk-deals/
    Everything is still to play for on this one with ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTV, Universal Networks International (it’s not clear if they’re interested for Universal Channel or Syfy UK) and Amazon Prime all said to be pursuing the show (so you know, pretty much everyone). One acquisitions exec I spoke to earlier this week said they expected the level of interest in Mr Robot to make it the biggest deal (in cash terms) for a cable show since Sky poached Mad Men from the BBC. So watch this space…

However, I can't say I know that website, so I don't know how reliable it is. It doesn't really say much other than there's a lot of interest. But I can't seem to find anything more up to date.

Hopefully when it's screened over here, we'll get the uncensored versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

I read an interview with Esmail where he went into a little detail on what is to be expected for season two. I don't know how to spoiler tag on my phone so I can't say any more than that here. The interview is online if anyone is interested in finding out :) Google access hollywood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I read an interview with Esmail where he went into a little detail on what is to be expected for season two. I don't know how to spoiler tag on my phone so I can't say any more than that here. The interview is online if anyone is interested in finding out :) Google access hollywood
    ive read one or two articles myself, some stuff im happy about, other stuff not so much, irregardless i still cant wait, ive read a lot of stuff i didnt like only for it to be in vain before, so ill judge it when i see it,

heres the link, it lays out some plot points, direction the season will take and whatnot,

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mr-robot-season-2-what-to-expect_article_111985

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

don ramo wrote: »
    ive read one or two articles myself, some stuff im happy about, other stuff not so much, irregardless i still cant wait, ive read a lot of stuff i didnt like only for it to be in vain before, so ill judge it when i see it,

heres the link, it lays out some plot points, direction the season will take and whatnot,

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mr-robot-season-2-what-to-expect_article_111985

What is this word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you think they edited out the blood on her shoe as we never see it?

Advertisement