Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

What is this word?
    irregardless :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Skerries wrote: »
    do you think they edited out the blood on her shoe as we never see it?

Yes we do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

don ramo wrote: »
    irregardless :D

What's it mean?

What's it mean?
    do i look like a google search function ;):pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

do i look like a google search function ;):pac::pac::pac:

Google says it's not a word. If someone does something without regard then it's regardless.

• Advertisement

Google says it's not a word. If someone does something without regard then it's regardless.
    funny cause the word has been in use for over 200 years, and a google search for me returned plenty of results

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

funny cause the word has been in use for over 200 years, and a google search for me returned plenty of results

irregardless of that it apparently isn't :pac:

so Mr Robot then?

S2 rumored for either June or July next year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

irregardless of that it apparently isn't :pac:

so Mr Robot then?

S2 rumored for either June or July next year

So the already commissioned season 2 is rumored to start approximately 1 year after season 1 started?

What a rumour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finished the series at the weekend

Apart from the final third of episode 4 (
    Have never been a fan of 'trippy' scenes in any TV/Film - once that fish started talking I almost gave up
    ), I absolutely loved the whole series.

Want more :mad:

maximoose wrote: »
    Want more :mad:
    join the club, next june can not come soon enough, a few good shows around to fill the void though :)

most of what we saw was to illustrate how out of it elliot is, large chucks of missing times seems like noting new to him, he definitely has totals breaks from reality,

with the set-up theyve done in season 1, i cant see any reason they cant get 4-5 great seasons out of the show, i really hope we get their A game here, and the team making it are completely committed to the show,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

reading the article seems they will drag out story with missing days and will use a lot of screen time to explore the past of Elliot and how he grown to be such way-as in hate society,maybe to show where elliot and Tyrell crossed the paths,maybe him learning hacks and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Started watching this three days ago just finished it :pac:

Really enjoyed this series on the whole. Have to say I saw the
    Fight Club
    angle coming tbh but didn't see the
    Father
    one.

Super part in ep 8 where
    Elliot shows the not so American psycho (someone else thought that surely?) His lair and the piano music playing was Where Is My Mind by The Pixies in an all out wave to Fight Club

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Posting without reading rest of thread just in case of spoilers.

Just finished episode 5, am spacing it out a bit because i dont want it to end!! Easily my favourite tv show in aaages. From top to bottom this cast is great, lads who play Tyrell and Elliot are surely destined for bigger things.

Feel like this is gonna be one to buy on DVD just to pore over every single detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

So it's 'V is for Vendetta' meets 'Fight Club' meets 'American Psycho'.

Okay a bit rough in places but it's topical I am hooked and ready for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Jeez, I'm not getting the love at all....apart from the Pilot I thought this just turned into the biggest pile of sh1te in a long time, awful. Anybody watch it back the second time? Is it full of holes?

Mr Robot talking to Tyrell at the end of Ep 8 (I think) in the Car, does that even make sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what ruined show for me was his dual or triple personality,while two actors were great,but had to completely skip the scenes where he was tripping and hallucinating-cant watch such mindfck.Also major fail at joining real world events with fictional ones.

Not a screen writer,but at least if one is making show on actual date events then at least make it to stay on them,not inventing fake corp that holds hell knows what over the globe,and cheesy mistakes like ceo being accused of hacking his own system-good example would be house of cards,while they managed to put so much chaos,but it showed a system where it would actually not be uncommon to see such things happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

scamalert wrote: »
    Not a screen writer,but at least if one is making show on actual date events then at least make it to stay on them,not inventing fake corp that holds hell knows what over the globe

Well defamation of the largest corporations in the world via television is probably a good way to earn yourself eternal legal bills and never ending lawsuits, but yeah, they should totally have used real companies :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I like the fact that Evil Corp is a huge company but not in just 1 area, it's an IT company and a Finance Company and Pharma Company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Well defamation of the largest corporations in the world via television is probably a good way to earn yourself eternal legal bills and never ending lawsuits, but yeah, they should totally have used real companies :rolleyes:
    Considering the fact that Evil Corp. is clearly Enron and actually uses their logo almost exactly, I'm not sure what more that poster wanted!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Mr Robot talking to Tyrell at the end of Ep 8 (I think) in the Car, does that even make sense?

I was sure he was a tyler durden up until that scene as no one else directly interacts with Mr Robot until then. That scene makes no sense as, if that was really Elliot and Tyrell talking in the car then the next sequence of events make no sense.

Big continuity screwup that should have been dropped on the cutting room floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Considering the fact that Evil Corp. is clearly Enron and actually uses their logo almost exactly, I'm not sure what more that poster wanted!?

I thought GE when i see E corp , not because they are evil but the size and diversity of their portfolio , including the Finance side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was thinking Dell cause of the slanted E, but it can be any of them or all 3 combined

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

if that was really Elliot and Tyrell talking in the car then the next sequence of events make no sense.
    Why does it make no sense? There's clearly a relationship between Tyrell and Elliott that we have yet to see. It's intentionally set up like this.
    Nonsense. You don't honestly believe they'd have aired it like that without reason? Clearly shot so that we will have to re-examine it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I was sure he was a tyler durden up until that scene as no one else directly interacts with Mr Robot until then. That scene makes no sense as, if that was really Elliot and Tyrell talking in the car then the next sequence of events make no sense.

Erm No
    So at the end we lose 3 days and Elliot cannot remember putting the plan into action or what happened to Tyrell.
    That scene shows us proof that this has happened before and that as Mr Robot he has a previous relationship with Tyrell.
    The fact it at the time also throws us a little of the scent of who Mr Robot is , only adds chocolate frosting to the cake.( I don't like icing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jeez, I'm not getting the love at all....apart from the Pilot I thought this just turned into the biggest pile of sh1te in a long time, awful. Anybody watch it back the second time? Is it full of holes?

Its Obviously Elliot he was talking to but in the Persona of Mr Robot in which Christian Slater plays the part of.What is there not to get??

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Banta wrote: »
    Just looked up translation what Mrs Wellick said to Elliot, ""If you have done something to him, I will kill you (or some translate to 'beat you to death')". Doesn't answer whether or not she's knows who Elliot is, but would appear she has no idea where Tyrell so.

Watched the show a few weeks ago and caught up with it just before the finale, really enjoyed it.

I don't really think this is likely but I did find myself wondering if Tyrell waa another personality related to Elliott's schizophrenia during that scene, she seemed to know him to some degree and potentially realise he was in the middle of a schizophrenic episode. There's enough there to make me think it's not the case (I had twigged that Mr Robot was another part of his personality very early on) but it wouldn't surprise me with this show. When she's referring to him having done something to him she means cutting off that aspect of his personality?

Anyone else think similar at all? Tyr-ell-iot. ;)

Its Obviously Elliot he was talking to but in the Persona of Mr Robot in which Christian Slater plays the part of.What is there not to get??

So then they pretty much redo the whole scene in Elliot's Apartment when Tyler shows up in the next EP?

id say tyrell knows elliot acts as 2 different people and he plays along to his own gain, thats why it seems that tyrel has known Mr Robot for a while, but has only recently met elliot, mr robot was helping tyrell at some point in the past, to say that tyrell has something on him, but now mr robot is working for himself and tyrell had to go with mr robots plan in order to get something outta it, we dont know yet what tyrells angle is, so we dont really know if he attacked e corp for his own gain, or just to attack e corp for sacking him,

we still dont have the full story, we have a lot of story, but there are still huge chunks if story missing, and we may not get it all by the end of season 2 either,

just cause the seasons over doesnt mean were at the end,

• Advertisement

id say tyrell knows elliot acts as 2 different people and he plays along to his own gain, thats why it seems that tyrel has known Mr Robot for a while, but has only recently met elliot, mr robot was helping tyrell at some point in the past, to say that tyrell has something on him, but now mr robot is working for himself and tyrell had to go with mr robots plan in order to get something outta it, we dont know yet what tyrells angle is, so we dont really know if he attacked e corp for his own gain, or just to attack e corp for sacking him,

we still dont have the full story, we have a lot of story, but there are still huge chunks if story missing, and we may not get it all by the end of season 2 either,

just cause the seasons over doesnt mean were at the end,
    What other time does Elliot act as a second person?

Advertisement