Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

What other time does Elliot act as a second person?
    every time you see christian slater around without remi malek, thats mr robot, i think that car scene is the only time we see mr robot without elliot being there,

elliot is 2 different people, hes elliot and mr robot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭PressRun

Little bit late to this show. Loved the whole season, tbh.

Obviously the situation with Tyrell and who actually pushed the button on the 'revolution' is probably going to be front and centre next season. However, I do hope a good amount of time is dedicated to what exactly is going on with the Dark Army and E Corp. Is Whiterose working with E Corp or just keeping enemies close? The CEO seemed very unconcerned by the hack and seemed to believe that everything would right itself. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he had prior knowledge that this was going to occur (possibly via Whiterose), and has had a plan in place to bring the company back from the brink all along? Throughout the last episode we got constant reminders about how this hack would destroy everything, companies would never recover, etc. If E Corp survive and make a comeback, they will seem indestructible and more powerful than ever. Is this part of Price's plan? It would leave us with a scenario where Elliot has to take on both the Dark Army (who know who he is) and E Corp together, possibly with the help of Tyrell, who is also now at odds with Price and E Corp.

I dunno, just a theory. Whiterose did make the comment about being idle while Rome burns, which would suggest that Price doesn't realize how deep in the **** he is, but I just don't see how he could be so laid back about the situation unless he already knew it was coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Hoping Tyrell becomes sort of an Anti-Hero, but he's probably too unstable for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anybody watching "You, Me & The Apocalypse" ?

White Horse is also the name given to the tech genius in that show

Anybody watching "You, Me & The Apocalypse" ?

White Horse is also the name given to the tech genius in that show

White Rose is the name in Mr Robot, not White Horse :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

White Rose is the name in Mr Robot, not White Horse :D

Aha right!

Theres also a restaurant/pub in Ballincollig called the White Horse.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

rewatching full season again,it seems they planed from beginning about mr.robot being elliot,but scenes where he is speaking in their society location while other are around him and no one even minds it,seems a huge miss,while in close conversations group hackers pay attention to him when mr.robot is there :cool:
    Anyway hopefully season two will fix all mistakes made and will straighten the show,as otherwise tech wise it seems one of the best atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Is this worth a go? I get bored easily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

scamalert wrote: »
    rewatching full season again,it seems they planed from beginning about mr.robot being elliot,but scenes where he is speaking in their society location while other are around him and no one even minds it,seems a huge miss,while in close conversations group hackers pay attention to him when mr.robot is there :cool:
    Anyway hopefully season two will fix all mistakes made and will straighten the show,as otherwise tech wise it seems one of the best atm.

Maybe its cos its late in the morning but I cant decipher what you are trying to say here? All the mistakes, such as?

eternal wrote: »
    Is this worth a go? I get bored easily.

Yes it is but this forum is spoiler central since its finished a few weeks ago, best to just get off the forum and go watch it and if it grabs you so be it. If not then you tried.

• Advertisement

Where is it available? And thanks :)

You would have to "acquire" it..it was on American tv, its not on netflix etc.

Awite, sound.
    I found it, it looks awesome :)

scamalert wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Amazon Prime picked it up?

i meant the scene where elliot was arguing with mr.robot about blowing up steel mountain and others sitting couple feet from him and no one taking attention,or his sister showing up at his apartment-and that alone had to be dragged out till end of season to explain to him that hes seeing and forgetting stuff,in other words hes clearly off from the beginning-and everyone his ex gf ,sister knew all the time but they moved on over the series like it was normal,then he disappears etc,and is told that hes delirious when it comes to breaking point :cool: .
    Theres a lot more stuff that they could done differently-Tyrel character seemed really convincing and leading in his role,but some scenes were over the top on his role.

Anyway maybe its a good thing at least they will have plenty to go over in s2 thus what might seem mistakes at s1 might get some backstory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Didn't like this series , the first episode was great , I thought it was going to be some dexter meets person of interest crossover . it just got a bit weird for me.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

silverharp wrote: »
    Didn't like this series , the first episode was great , I thought it was going to be some dexter meets person of interest crossover . it just got a bit weird for me.

That sucks, I loved it, can't wait for season 2 to find out what happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can someone tell me why Tyrell Wellick went to the club just to have sex with the Evil Corp employee, install something on his phone while he was in the shower and then leave and never mention it again? I thought it was going to be a closet gay subplot but his girlfriend implied she knew about it and approved when he came home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Thargor wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why Tyrell Wellick went to the club just to have sex with the Evil Corp employee, install something on his phone while he was in the shower and then leave and never mention it again? I thought it was going to be a closet gay subplot but his girlfriend implied she knew about it and approved when he came home...

I think this was how he found out who they were choosing to take the position he wanted in the company.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, maybe, but I thought that came as a shock to him though, he was fuming in the guys office.

Thargor wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe, but I thought that came as a shock to him though, he was fuming in the guys office.

He's told before he has sex with the CEO's secretary that the job was going to someone else. He doesn't even get the interview he was expecting. He has sex with the secretary and taps his phone in order to keep tabs on the CEO and find out who his competitor is. I think the scene is intended to show how far he's willing to go to get what he wants, not because he's actually gay. He later fires some men who make fun of people who do what he did, if I remember correctly.

Ah right that makes sense cheers. No sign of a release daye yet for S2 just 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I'm giving up on this show after 4 episodes. First episode was okay, but went downhill after that. I've had bad luck lately with new shows, From Dusk Till Dawn (after the first season), Scream (after 5 episodes), Dark Matter (after 2 episodes), Minority Report (during the first episode).

All sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I'm giving up on this show after 4 episodes. First episode was okay, but went downhill after that. I've had bad luck lately with new shows, From Dusk Till Dawn (after the first season), Scream (after 5 episodes), Dark Matter (after 2 episodes), Minority Report (during the first episode).

All sh*t.

I said i'd give up after every ep but ended up watching them all and I thought it was sh*t aswell.

Try limitless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus i dunno, its definitely in my top 3 shows this year.Id go far as to say i enjoyed it better this season of Game of thrones.In no particular order The Leftovers,Game of Thrones and Mr Robot have been the three best shows on Television this year without a shadow of a doubt.

Rami Malek was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I said i'd give up after every ep but ended up watching them all and I thought it was sh*t aswell.

Try limitless.
    Very different shows tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I finished it this morning on the train. I enjoyed it (enough to watch the lot in 3 days!) but it's left me with questions that are bugging me a bit.

I kinda groaned when 'where is my mind?' was playing in the background, bad enough they're stealing a plot arc from Fight Club but then to actually copy the iconic music too....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

theteal wrote: »
    I kinda groaned when 'where is my mind?' was playing in the background, bad enough they're stealing a plot arc from Fight Club but then to actually copy the iconic music too....
    That was clearly a nod to the film's influence. If was acknowledging it.

• Advertisement

All sh*t.

try fargo first 1season - a bit different show but with few nice twists.

As for Mr.robot i can imagine many getting dissapointed after seeing episode 1,since first one gives impression its something to look forward then you get stuff youd see on 4chan,some fc*** sh/it,they could of done great show without going too deep into fairy sicko land :cool:

Advertisement