Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭squonk

Watched this last night. Bloody hell was it good. Coming from an IT standpoint what really impressed me was the unix commands were pretty accurate. If they get details like this right I have very high hopes for the show indeed! It was really one of the best formed and thought out pilots I've seen in a long time. Even better it's great to see Slater in a really great show. I just hope the curse eludes him this time and we get a second season. Based on what I've seen so far it's great!

Watched this a few nights back and loved it, been a long time since I saw such a strong pilot. USA network have spent the pat number of years delivering the kind of easy to watch, light weight fare that the summer months need. They've long been the most under appreciated of networks and have been in search of a show with a little edge and in Mr. Robot they may have found their Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

mafaa wrote: »

Interesting, would be great if it panned out like that, what do you think yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note

Reminder of the forum's charter
    Regurgitating news from other websites is encouraged in certain circumstances, but you must then CONTRIBUTE to the thread (and that doesn't mean putting a or an "I agree" comment at the end of the post). This is primarily a discussion forum, not a news forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Interesting, would be great if it panned out like that, what do you think yourself?

never true, id say they have an outline of how they would like the show to work, but when it comes to execution of the idea things generally tend to change,

its like starting at the end and working backwards, and then remembering you actually have to fill in the actual story,

as much as i love Lost, the makers of that said the same thing, and it was complete lies, they filled in a lot of story no question, but some of it made no sense, and some was just completely ignored,
    MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mod Note

you just killed mafaa, nice work, if it sticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Rami Malek is 34, what the hell! He easily looks ten years younger IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

thanks ;) indeed, i will be very glad

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mod Note

read up the forum's charter moment ago, will take note

don ramo wrote: »
    you just killed mafaa, nice work, if it sticks

will observe the forum's charter

after nearly a month we get a new episode tonight, im really looking forward to this, i really hope it maintains the quality of the pilot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

With a bit of luck it will. I'll be watching this with interest tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Top second episode. We have got quite the show on our hands I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nice cliffhanger too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Just watched both eps, hands down for me the best pilot since lost. From an IT background and the amount of IT jokes and nods had me chuckling like a crazy fool for an hour. 2nd ep was good but went a bit McGyver/A-Team in the way that he is going to deal with a certain person each ep but hopefully keep the target on the big E Corp.

One other thing I noticed is the creator/writer is Sam Esmail......
    MASS EMAIL? SAMS EMAIL? ALIAS MMS?
    :eek: :rolleyes: :D :P now call me paranoid but defiantely...all is not right with this show *cough* Fight Clubesque and stuff...... Here's hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    all is not right with this show *cough* Fight Clubesque and stuff...... Here's hoping!

Just thinking the exact same myself. Had a look back at key scenes and i think that fsociety or maybe just Mr. Robot are like Tyler Durden, all part of elliot's imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

One of the best pilots I've ever seen. Was glued to the screen for ep 2 tonight and I'm never like that with a show this early. We definitely have an unreliable protagonist here. In that very last scene, we see a group of skateboarders in one shot, and in the next they've vanished. Who's really there and who isn't?!? Can't wait for the next ep!

First day off work in my new job and spent the morning eating cereal and watching episode two, which kept up the momentum of the first while introducing a slew of possible ways for the show to play out. There is no doubt that this is the hit of the summer, a smart and adult drama that is telling a great story and exploring some interesting themes and issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This definitely isn't your standard USA show. Darker, swearing, really dreary. Long way from the bright and cheerful Hamptons or Miami.

As for Fight Club reference, I'd say
    At the most Mr Robot isn't there. Like in this week's episode when the society members are talking to him, Elliot is right behind him so they could be talking to Elliot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

A great second episode and I think this might just be the big new TV hit of 2015. The Fight Club influences will probably have to calm down though, because if it turns out that
    most of this is in his head
    then where is the twist? Most of saw that coming and the show seems better than that.

That hacker chick is basically a modern version of Fight Club's Marla.

07b20301a1dc8a0edddae6d71af66d0f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If it is the case, I'd say they'll reveal it either way by the end of the first season.

Though if they don't, I'd prefer them to go on as planned rather than change things because of people figuring it out

its all well and good saying Mr.Robot is elliots alter ego, but if they go down that path then i think it could seriously hinder the show if it runs for 4-5 seasons,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭wally1990

Episode 3 promo is on YouTube

wally1990 wrote: »
    Episode 3 promo is on YouTube
    christ your lazy :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

Thinking Mr robot is Elliot's father and that he's not there but in his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

Thinking Mr robot is Elliot's father and that he's not there but in his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched the first 2 episodes after stumbling across this thread.. haven't had a show pull me in from the start like this has in a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Really good show this. Lots of interesting characters and great story lines. Reminds me a lot of Dexter though. Victim of the week, internal monologues and storing cd's of his victims are like the blood slides...

Great sound track as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have to admit I'm surprised they got away with the E-Corp logo though! First thing I thought of was the DELL logo.. probably cause I'm looking at them every day too (we have/buy a lot of their kit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    First thing I thought of was the DELL logo

It's like the "E" from the Dell logo.... but it basically is the Enron logo. Cant post a link, but someone with the required post count might do that.

Also agree with Dexter similarities. Bad guy of the week, voiceover, keeping "victims" trophys, etc. Hopefully this show doesn't descend into farce the way Dexter did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ahlookit wrote: »
    It's like the "E" from the Dell logo.... but it basically is the Enron logo. Cant post a link, but someone with the required post count might do that.
    Well spotted - from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Enron_Logo.svg

243px-Enron_Logo.svg.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Can't say I was a massive fan of the second episode. I found myself drifting off at parts which is a shame because I loved the pilot.

Advertisement