Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I hate when they shoot the main characters in shows- there is no way they are going to kill him so why bother with the fakeout. I was surprised this was the season finale, for some reason I thought they had 13 episodes this year. The end game of fsociety still confuses me. I thought initially they just wanted to bring down E-Corp but now the whole economy seems to be at risk.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Glad it's over to be honest. It was just a labour to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I hate when they shoot the main characters in shows- there is no way they are going to kill him so why bother with the fakeout.

Sure there is no way they are going to kill Elliott but the point of what happened was to show that Elliott didn't trust that Tyrell was real. He expected the gunshot to be imaginary like earlier in the season when he was in prison/bedroom and didn't count on it being real. This should be a big wake up call.

Poor Elliott though, his body does get a good battering in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sure there is no way they are going to kill Elliott but the point of what happened was to show that Elliott didn't trust that Tyrell was real. He expected the gunshot to be imaginary like earlier in the season when he was in prison/bedroom and didn't count on it being real. This should be a big wake up call.

ah, I thought he recognized that Tyrell was real by a third person , the person in the elevator, talking to him directly. I thought that he just didn't expect Tyrell to pull the trigger.

As for the prison I thought Eliiot was creating a fantasy world retelling of his time there but that he was never in doubt of the reality of the situation unlike his interactions with Mr.Robot.

I sincerely hope that Angela's role is reduced next season as her zombie-like personality sucks the life out of every scene she has been in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭conorhal

ah, I thought he recognized that Tyrell was real by a third person , the person in the elevator, talking to him directly. I thought that he just didn't expect Tyrell to pull the trigger.

As for the prison I thought Eliiot was creating a fantasy world retelling of his time there but that he was never in doubt of the reality of the situation unlike his interactions with Mr.Robot.

I sincerely hope that Angela's role is reduced next season as her zombie-like personality sucks the life out of every scene she has been in this year.

I think we know Tyrell is real by virtue of the fact that Mr Robot flickers out like Tyler Durden in Fight Club but Tyrell remains constant.

Frankly Angela just got more interesting and she will feature a lot more in the next season. The weepy, ingenue fighting for the truth is now obviously just a front. Clearly she is a power behind the throne, White Rose pondered in the last episode why she of all people was at the center of events when she should really be out of the game. Well now we know, she's not a passive leaf in the stream, she's the current. She and Elliot planned this from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭conorhal

Na, the gunshot was real, otherwise Tyrell would have to be another facet of his imagination which he isn't. Angela confirmed this when she says that she want's to be there when he comes around (and of course Tyrell's wife wouldn't be searching for a figment of Elliot's imagination, especially after she's met him face to face). Tyrell shot him, but he gut shot him, which would take hours to die from. I assume he will be coming around from surgery. Tyrell was clearly cut up that he had to take that measure, but he loves Elliot so he did what he had to do to stop him, but not kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

conorhal wrote:
    Frankly Angela just got more interesting and she will feature a lot more in the next season. The weepy, ingenue fighting for the truth is now obviously just a front. Clearly she is a power behind the throne, White Rose pondered in the last episode why she of all people was at the center of events when she should really be out of the game. Well now we know, she's not a passive leaf in the stream, she's the current. She and Elliot planned this from the beginning.

I dont know about Angela being part of the plan all along, but I think after whatever Whiterose said/did to her in that room, she's now a major player in Stage 3. I think stage 2 started with that mass blackout after Angela hung up on Tyrell.

And its because of this I agree with you about her becoming more interesting. All season long she was asking herself "Why me?". She knew there was something special about her that Price knew, something from the Washington township cover-up perhaps, but she could never figure it out. I think whiterose has now "enlightened" her in some way and she now fully understands why she is so special.

conorhal wrote: »
    Na, the gunshot was real, otherwise Tyrell would have to be another facet of his imagination which he isn't. Angela confirmed this when she says that she want's to be there when he comes around (and of course Tyrell's wife wouldn't be searching for a figment of Elliot's imagination, especially after she's met him face to face). Tyrell shot him, but he gut shot him, which would take hours to die from. I assume he will be coming around from surgery. Tyrell was clearly cut up that he had to take that measure, but he loves Elliot so he did what he had to do to stop him, but not kill him.

I didn't say the gunshot wasn't real. My post is about how it was real and not imaginary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Glad it's over to be honest. It was just a labour to get through.

I have to agree. I found the finale, like the entire season, very lacklustre. There are moments of brilliance but it just meanders far too much and it needs tightening in a big way in my opinion. It's a shame because I feel like they've managed to squander the momemtum they built with the first season. It shows, too - 50% drop in the ratings overall for the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Really good finale, but a middling season. Think they've a lot more to build on for season 3 than they did for season 2 though.

This scene was amazing though. Ezmail nails the cinematography and soundtrack at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just finished season 2. Jesus that was painful, will not be watching season 3.

They really dragged the arse out of it. And it got way too contrived towards the end - the idea of CTO Scott getting fingered for his wife's murder is completely implausible and downright laughable.

In short, what a load of rubbish.

Ardent wrote: »
    Just finished season 2. Jesus that was painful, will not be watching season 3.

They really dragged the arse out of it. And it got way too contrived towards the end - the idea of CTO Scott getting fingered for his wife's murder is completely implausible and downright laughable.

In short, what a load of rubbish.

Phrasing:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

TG4 are now airing Mr. Robot in Ireland

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/mr-robot/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Occono wrote: »
    TG4 are now airing Mr. Robot in Ireland

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/mr-robot/

Saturday nights.
    The excellent series Mr Robot S1 starts on TG4 on 15/10/16 @ 9.05pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sam Esmail has a good sense of humour. "Leaked" Season 3 script page posted to twitter. :)

https://twitter.com/samesmail/status/797113062792851457

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Once pointed to soundtracks used in this tv show it sort of opens your mind like this one below that there is some good producing done:
    but after watching whole s2,it was utter disappointment where show drifted off,think first s01 two episodes were done properly and afterwards it just went into drain,with whole plot twists Elliot is basically a vegetable with his triple/quattro personalities,and scenarios not even properly showing wth happened at s1 ending and continuing in that mental haze where it appears characters had nothing to do with show somehow became spotlights.
    While some episodes overall had some great acting and scenes,but overall it was pure grind to watch s02 as someone pointed out,think whole s2 was riddle with flaws like one from fbi getting away with two sparys unharmed,tyrell living off site,his wifes affairs with some dude for no reason and general flow which was non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 3 not starting until October. Bobby Cannavale has joined the cast in a series regular role and BD Wong has been promoted to series regular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

https://twitter.com/whoismrrobot/status/898674742634459136

They've geoblocked the democracy trailer.

for a hacking show..

*grin* :)

someone else put it up:

New trailer... interesting. :)
    October 11th (6 weeks from today).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Season 3 has started. Haven't seen a date for it to start on Irish telly yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I’m fast loosing patience with this show after this weeks episode, I think it’s starting to disappear up it’s own arse! I did like the new character Irving the car salesman dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The hacking felt off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Season 3 has started. Haven't seen a date for it to start on Irish telly yet

After some initial hiccup, it's on Irish Amazon now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Seem to be hints of
    time travel in the 1st episode of the new series, judging bya conversation between Angela and Elliot.
    I wonder if that will make people give up on the series, if it's true.
    Of course it may be a ruse to keep Angela on board.

Apart from that, it was a nicely confusing opener, with numerous questions raised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

human 19 wrote: »
    Seem to be hints of
    time travel in the 1st episode of the new series, judging bya conversation between Angela and Elliot.
    I wonder if that will make people give up on the series, if it's true.
    Of course it may be a ruse to keep Angela on board.

Apart from that, it was a nicely confusing opener, with numerous questions raised.

Only for those up to date and just my opinion:
    E/Corp seem to be building something akin to the large Hadron collider and I hope and pray that what has been hinted at (a parallel universe) does not come to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

think this show died after first season, seems rest is mix of mindfck,queers dark army drag queen,and few characters who dont really serve purpose besides buying air time.

since lure was mix of mentality of elliot and his skills, but it unfolded into some sick joke youd see daily on 4chan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

scamalert wrote: »
    think this show died after first season, seems rest is mix of mindfck,queers dark army drag queen,and few characters who dont really serve purpose besides buying air time.

since lure was mix of mentality of elliot and his skills, but it unfolded into some sick joke youd see daily on 4chan.

Queer's dark army? Queer, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Could have done without that episode now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Just watched season 3 episode 3 on amazon prime, for some reason no subtitles for the chinese scene, went back and turn on subtitles and it just says [man speaking chinese] and i thought there may be something wrong with the subs until the main guy laughs and the subtitles came on [laughs]
    Thats just fcuking annoying.

Advertisement