Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

BigEejit wrote: »
    Just watched season 3 episode 3 on amazon prime, for some reason no subtitles for the chinese scene, went back and turn on subtitles and it just says [man speaking chinese] and i thought there may be something wrong with the subs until the main guy laughs and the subtitles came on [laughs]
    Thats just fcuking annoying.

Yeah Amazon is spotty with translation subtitles. American Gods had similar problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Occono wrote: »
    Yeah Amazon is spotty with translation subtitles. American Gods had similar problems.

Episode 2 last week only had Dutch subs for some reason (at least at the time I watched it on Thursday night). Amazon are very dodgy alright for subs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed the latest episode. The real-time element worked well and added to the tension and the sense of law-and-order collapsing. It also pushed the Congo plot line forward and, importantly, brought Elliott up to speed with what the audience knows. The stage is now properly set for the next half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah it was back on form with that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Watched it last night. Wow it's all I can say.

Am I right in saying it was all one continuous shot?

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying it was all one continuous shot?
    Yes - one long shot but a few takes- there's a few places where they would have done an edit (the same as in 'Birdman'). Still well done and added to the tension.

As an aside, the film 'Victoria' is a 2hr film that was actually done in one take!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

something feels less.. Mr Robot about this season.

That episode brought it back a little

Ramped up again this week. This season's twist feels better earned, a natural progression of the Phase 2 plot line and its players.

The tension leading up to the end - the pointless end in many ways - was very well done. The almost comical-moments of Elliot / Mr. Robot vying for control were well handled - the sheer desperation but eventual accommodation between the two.

And yet all for naught really - White Rose needed to get rid of the paper trail. The paper wasn't in the one place so he went after every place. Elliot's plan back fired spectacularly and now everything's geared up again.

As another plot line - are they messing with our heads with the multiverse theory they keep hinting at? Ever since the Large Hadron Collider in the opening, they've been pushing this and dropping heavy hints with Angela seeing her mother again, feeling nobody will die. In keeping with that notion, Young Angela is played by the same actress who played the odd girl last season when Angela met the Dark Army. So some sort of time travel / parallel worlds stuff gone or is Angela, and the audience to an extent, being trolled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, I was thinking time travel as well.

White Rose could be playing Angela but why have him go to CERN (If it is CERN) then.

It seems like a bit of a strange direction for the show to go in.

Enjoying the series though.

Agree it ramped up again. Needs to get a bit more darker to get the full feel back.

Maybe the hacking needs something more too. Not sure if time. Maybe the effect of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Enjoying season 3 so far. Quite dark, and good to see the Mr. Robot side of the character getting more screen time.

The sister though, Darlene. Does anyone else find her voice absolutely intolerable? That tonal inflection of hers is dreadful.

It feels like they are being creative in how they want to show... the show :)

This one felt well done. The scene in the corridor talking through the door was .. well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I liked that one, felt good to take a break with some character development after last weeks rather intense ending.

I really enjoyed it too. Rami Malek was great.

This week's episode was poor imo. I usually don't mind "filler" episodes provided the writing is good but it wasn't in this episode.

brevity wrote: »
    This week's episode was poor imo. I usually don't mind "filler" episodes provided the writing is good but it wasn't in this episode.
    Yeah, there was something off about it - I can't quite put my finger on it. The dialogue seemed weaker, everything a little more clichéd.

I do want though to hire that musician to play the glasses like White Rose had. That music was haunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

OH SH*T! :eek::eek::eek:

Just taking a breather at the halfway point!

Right, back into it..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, what a finish to a series, great setup for next season, but Angela and the daddy, f**k off

WTF was that post credits bit?!

The halfway point with
    the axe and breaking the FBI agent was a shocker

The rest felt like.. a little bit more details of the overall plot but that there's a bunch more yet to play out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slydice wrote: »
    WTF was that post credits bit?!

Wasn't that Elliot's drug dealer from the first series?

Clareman wrote: »
    Wasn't that Elliot's drug dealer from the first series?

he is! just revisited his intro is in episode 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Unbelievably good episode and finale, they really know how to nail tension with this show. Gets me every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Binge watched it over the xmas. Great stuff. Music was great this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Just caught up on Season 2 & 3.

Season 2 was a shocker imo, just dreadful barre one or two good episodes.

Season 3 was very good, with only 1 or 2 poor episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pelvis wrote: »
    Just caught up on Season 2 & 3.

Season 2 was a shocker imo, just dreadful barre one or two good episodes.

Season 3 was very good, with only 1 or 2 poor episodes.

Think I could skip season 2 and go straight to 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Fek this stupid boring show. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was boring as all hell. Completely lacking in direction and any form of narrative (look at how smart I am being all mysterious...psych! I'm actually in jail). A bunch of headless chickens running around doing nothing of consequence.

Along comes Season 3 which just doubles down on it. There were some points (anything featuring Dom DiPierro who is the only real interesting character) where I hoped the show would recover and do a 180 but nope.
    Episode 8 is a full episode of monologuing, every episode has monologuing but this one is a full 48 minutes of it.

Ironically episode 8 is about deleting and then doubting your decision to delete but deleting this show is the best decision I have made.

2 / 10; Show crawled up its own ass never to be seen again.

It's been ages!

Final Season Trailer:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Advertisement