Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

4.8: Top episode again, crest and trough's with the tension and emotions.

Anyone notice the
    shape of the key to Elliot's room? cant be sure of its significance but it looked like an "E" to me which might represent his fight with E corp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The quality of this season has been immense. I have to say it's getting up there in terms of my favourite shows of all time, with the exception of the second season which was a bit of a dip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

4.08: the camera work was just one of the most amazing pieces of cinematic work i have ever seen. from the moment young elliot is running around the museum to the very end... It just had me captivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Good individual parts, but overall it has jumped the turnstile.
    That whole chase episode made no sense. He's a withdrawn drug abuser whom we never see exercising, but is somehow agile and athletic? Maybe the third personality is an avid freerunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Dom is class. And Janice got off lightly...

Was Deegan in an earlier episode?

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Dom is class. And Janice got off lightly...

Was Deegan in an earlier episode?
    Yes he was shown with Dom getting off on a technicality without explanation or context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Good individual parts, but overall it has jumped the turnstile.
    That whole chase episode made no sense. He's a withdrawn drug abuser whom we never see exercising, but is somehow agile and athletic? Maybe the third personality is an avid freerunner.

Not saying his getaway wasn't OTT but you'd be amazed what adrenaline will do for you when you're caught in a tight spot like that. Stopping isn't an option for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The greatest show on TV right now in my opinion.

No other show can compare to the cinematography, acting, and overall suspense levels it generates. I think it's the best at all those things since Breaking Bad.

Episode seven is one of the all great TV episodes.

Funny looking back, I almost gave up on season two after that terrible 80's sitcom episode, thank god I didn't because season's three and four have been spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4.9: That! Well.. that was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

That episode delivered for me. Seems like the ending is well planned out and not rushing to close all the open ends. Loving this series. Sad to see it go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Cina wrote: »
    Funny looking back, I almost gave up on season two after that terrible 80's sitcom episode, thank god I didn't because season's three and four have been spectacular.
    I think when people rewatch the first two seasons they will get alot more from it by knowing what happens later. I think the quality was always there but we just didn't know what it was that we were watching and it was lost in what we thought was noise.

The sitcom episode (2.06) is filled with stuff.

Mr. Robot:
    "First you're hearing voices. Now you're seeing things."

"I promise, there are other fish in the sea. And if you're anything like your old man... On second thought, don't be anything like your old man."

"Hey, uh, back there, what we talked about, let's just keep that between us, okay? Don't even tell your mom. Just our little secret."

In the same episode, the cinematography for the FBI hack is up there with what we have seen this season.

Episode 2.07 opened with the Carrie like paint splash scene.

Elliot to Mr. Robot:
    "What are you so afraid will happen if you tell me the truth?
    I don't want to be in denial anymore."

Angela to Philip Price:
    "Can I ask why it was so important for you to drop this contingency? You protecting some evil, secret agenda?"

I'm reasonably sure the third personality is the real Elliot, and the protagonist came into being around the start of season 1. It's the only theory I've seen that rings true. It would make sense why Darlene was able to awaken him. It would explain why Elliot didn't remember Darlene as his sister in season 1. There are no other characters in the show that seem to fit.

4.10 Things appear to be wrapping up nicely. almost too well. Considering there are a few more episodes to go so there must be a twist ahead.

I binge watched a chunk of season 2 and 3 at the weekend and it was great preparation for this episode. Price's predecessor as CEO of E-Corp, Lester Moore, died in a plane crash arranged by White Rose because he messed with the delivery of the project. Darlene has more than just messed with the delivery of the project and she booked herself a flight to Europe. Irving appearing at the airport and letting them know that everything is cool with the Dark Army seems a little off to me. It's not like he doesn't have form for lying to people in order to put them at ease.

From watching season 2 and 3 again I think that Darlene and Angela may also be abuse victims. There's a scene in a bar where Angela meets a friend of her adoptive father who said that she always liked older men and swallowing was never a problem for her. That was creepy, and at her apartment when Elliot had recovered from being shot, he mentions to us that Angela closes herself off to those that care about her and involves herself with those that don't. That observation seems like a symptom of her being a victim.

Darlene's panic attacks are almost a parallel of the Elliot/Mr. Robot glitches when he becomes overloaded. She also has the fear of being alone which goes along with Elliot's extreme loneliness issue. If there is a plane crash I think it will have a profound effect on her.

4.10: That was VERY frustrating there at the end.

What are the pros and cons here?
    Darlene's gonna go help Elliot with this last thing he has to do?
    Dom is no longer an immediate hostage risk to Darlene?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Didn't like that episode at all. Find Dom to be a really unappealing character and just a bit of a downer so wasn't happy following her for a whole episode.

Next week they will conclude the show, with two episodes shown together. The promo says "The truth will be revealed".

I liked the episode up until the parallel world section. Some great acting from BD Wong I thought. Don't know what to make of the parallel world, but I'm glad closure is promised for the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What the **** is going on.

Next week they will conclude the show, with two episodes shown together. The promo says "The truth will be revealed".

I liked the episode up until the parallel world section. Some great acting from BD Wong I thought. Don't know what to make of the parallel world, but I'm glad closure is promised for the finale.
    What if we just got a glimpse of reality? It's possible that we have experienced the dreamer Elliot thinking through the nigtmare scenario for his potential client. The stress of this as well as the wedding could have fractured his mind and so our Elliot manifested. In episode 1.4, Angela told him that he's not Elliot and that he didn't exist before a month ago.

Here are a few things that sprung to mind watching the episode:
    - Angela said Elliot is an only child
    - Elliot is supposed to be marrying Angela (in 1.4 our Elliot has a dream sequence where Angela says Yes)
    - The earthquake measured 5.9 (5/9 attack, code for the door was 0509)
    - 11:16 : This has appeared throughout the series and it's the time on the clocks before Elliot enters the bunker room.

Total crazy idea - the story is an Alderson loop and the end is the beginning which is the end of the previous loop. E-Corp becoming F-Corp gave me this idea. It would be funny if the loop was caused by Elliot's malware.

4.11: Wow! That speech he gave Whiterose! Someone give Rami Malek an award!

I was all like... wtf this is like two episodes and feel very separate... I really liked the first half and then felt like the second half was just gonna setup for the next episode. WRONG! Bam! Elliot and Elliot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Please tell me that this isn't 'st elsewhere all over

• Advertisement

I thought it was weird when Darlene looked at Mr Robot to speak to him, separately to Elliot.

I thought it was weird when Darlene looked at Mr Robot to speak to him, separately to Elliot.
    Perhaps that was a clue that what we saw is in a dream state and not reality.

Talisman wrote: »
    Perhaps that was a clue that what we saw is in a dream state and not reality.
    Lots of stuff happens that he has no knowledge of though, like the whole thread with Dom and Darlene. A dream would only include things from his viewpoint, or at least things he was aware of.

At 4m 11s, that really looks like Dom at the motel. I thought she was on a flight to Budapest.

I wonder if it's a Brazil style thing where he has gone into a catatonic state at some point in the recent narrative.

edit: Actually she is shown at 4m10s to be precise. Http 410 means the resource has been permanently deleted. This would fit in with the idea that her flight was sabotaged by Irving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

At 4m 11s, that really looks like Dom at the motel. I thought she was on a flight to Budapest.

It is Dom. The previous episode showed the scene at the beginning of this episode from Dom's perspective. She sees Darlene and Elliot hugging from the balcony.

Lots of stuff happens that he has no knowledge of though, like the whole thread with Dom and Darlene. A dream would only include things from his viewpoint, or at least things he was aware of.
    Not necessarily - remember the "mind awake body asleep" mantra in season 2? The way I get my head around it is to think of Elliot having dreams within a dream, like a computer system running different processes.

There are some things that don't map to reality -> Irving was writing his book, less than 6 months later it's published and he's doing a book tour. That does not happen. It's an area that Elliot would not have expertise and so it's conveniently solved with no details given.

The whole Washington Township thing -> Why could E Corp not just decommision the plant? Then the project could have been relocated elsewhere. Instead there was the 5/9 attack to destabilise the economy. Leverage that situation to get a UN resolution for China to annex an African nation in order to have somewhere to relocate the project. That is the kind of fantastic plot line you would expect from a James Bond movie.

This show could all turn out to be some sort of hypnotherapy treatment or something equally whacky - the outcome doesn't really matter to me as I have enjoyed the journey.

It's the same scene as in the previous episode but from a different perspective.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Have a look at the 'Mr. Robot' subreddit and you'll see some very interesting theories. Biggest thing to wonder though is which is the real world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'll be really disappointed if this ends on a sci-fi or supernatural explanation. Everything that's happened so far, no matter how outlandish, could always be just about possible in an exaggerated version of our own real world.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    I'll be really disappointed if this ends on a sci-fi or supernatural explanation. Everything that's happened so far, no matter how outlandish, could always be just about possible in an exaggerated version of our own real world.
    3.1 - The first time we got a glimpse of the machine, the camera emerged from Elliot's eye as he woke up.

4.11 - "Sometimes I dream of saving the world."

The more I look back at the series the more convinced I become that we have been witnessing the dreams of real world Elliot. It would explain the missing time and also why it's not relevant to the story - nothing happened during that time. People got hooked on the blackout after the 5/9 attack but not the 6 days after him being shot. The 5/9 blackout seemed important only because Elliot focused on it.

My prediction:
    We are going to see a lot of familiar faces from the series at the wedding. Darlene may even be Angela's bridesmaid.

Advertisement