Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think it was a planned murder. Timed to coincide with the new CTO being named. The new CTO will be convinced that Wellick was responsible but can't prove it. Becomes unstable in the minds of EvilCorp and is replaced. Wellick's wife is all the alibi he needs.

Having sex with the wife on the roof serves no real purpose to his goal of becoming CTO. The CTO would fire him anyway as the wife would most likely tell him of the affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

I don't think Wellick intended to kill her either, I think if any prior thought had gone into it whatsoever, that it must have been his wife's idea. Up until we see Wellick crying over her dead body I had thought he was a psychopath, but his reaction to her murder would indicate he's not but rather he's a sociopath. He is too careful, he would have found a better way than leaving his dna all over her face.

We haven't seen much of his wife so far but I would take a guess that she's the psychopath of the two. If she demanded that he kill her to put Mr CTO off his game, it could explain his reaction. It totally looked like once he started he just couldn't stop and perhaps that's it and he is just totally unhinged.

Next week's episode is called White Rose, maybe white rose is Wellick or his wife?
    Would explain why he "happened" to bump into Elliot in Steel Mountain, and why the Dark Army pulled out once Angela gained access to allsafes network, he initially thought he had much to gain from kicking Colby from the CTO slot, so there was certainly motive there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Thinking maybe he thought he could get control back. On the rooftop, CTO's wife says he's fired as soon as it's announced. Up until then he was still under the illusion that the original plan could he somehow salvaged? She says that, he tries to go with the sleeping with her plan, loses the plot a bit and chokes her to death.

That or it's a combination of, as you say Hyzepher, he intended it and as Spacerocket says, it was the wife's idea. In which case we'll see him in the next episode losing his mind and shouting at the wife, who'll just be plain faced and saying "Grow up. It had to be done. Now go wear one sock, put some lipstick on your belly button, grab a spatula and put on some Chris DeBurgh. Let's do our freaky sex stuff."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Still no uk broadcaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Joo0 wrote: »
    Still no uk broadcaster?

Haven't heard of anyone picking it up yet.

• Advertisement

Haven't heard of anyone picking it up yet.
    USA Network hasn't really had anything go abroad yet (from my understanding) as it's still been establishing itself in the US. Read an interesting piece the other day about how Mr Robot is what's going to 'launch' USA Network into the same league as HBO et al. At least was that writers opinion such was his opinion on Mr Robot to date.

I think if finale can generate enough of a buzz, then it'll get picked up. I'm still of a mind at the moment that if they written 2 seasons and they're that good, to leave it at 2. I know it won't go that way if it's a success. Would take 2 amazing seasons rather than it dragging. Netflix may be a bigger likelihood for international, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Banta wrote: »
    USA Network hasn't really had anything go abroad yet (from my understanding) as it's still been establishing itself in the US. Read an interesting piece the other day about how Mr Robot is what's going to 'launch' USA Network into the same league as HBO et al. At least was that writers opinion such was his opinion on Mr Robot to date.

I think if finale can generate enough of a buzz, then it'll get picked up. I'm still of a mind at the moment that if they written 2 seasons and they're that good, to leave it at 2. I know it won't go that way if it's a success. Would take 2 amazing seasons rather than it dragging. Netflix may be a bigger likelihood for international, I reckon.

I was thinking Sky Atlantic would pick it up.. Maybe show it coming up to Christmas? Is suits USA network? Don't see Mr robot ending up on Dave tbh

Yeah Suits is USA Network, and I think Dave got it thinking would be an alright show for then and USA Network looking to branch out a bit, but think I read somewhere that was more successful on Netflix than Dave. Atlantic may pick it up, like I said if the finale generates enough buzz between now and S2, but I think Netflix more likely to jump on it and snap up international rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

Just found this yesterday on KODI. All I can say is Wow!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great show but I really wish USA would stop cutting out the f-bombs. It's just irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Banta wrote: »

Network is irrelevant. Universal Cable Productions is the production company, owned by NBCUniversal who has a very good sales relationship with Channel Four TV. I'd expect this on a Channel Four network (perhaps even C4) in winter/spring, early 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭emo72

Word of warning lads. I just watched this. Absolutely no robots in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This show just keeps getting better :)
    ixoy wrote: »
    Great show but I really wish USA would stop cutting out the f-bombs. It's just irritating.

For a show that has already shown IV & nasal drug use, murder, and a whole lot else worse than the word fúck, I really can't see why they're cutting it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A friend in the states gave me the heads up on this show on Friday afternoon. Have watched all 7 episodes aired so far over Saturday and Sunday, absolutely love it - great show. Love the style of it, the music, the cult references and Rami is great at playing Elliot. The titles of the episodes are clever too.

Kind of torn on the whole Mr Robot being Elliot, there are scenes where its just the two of them and I think they are the same person but then there's some scenes with Mr Robot and some of the others from F Society interacting and I wonder if its just a red herring. Was gutted when they killed Sheyla off, could see it coming but was just hoping when he opened the car she would be alive and tied up instead. Half expected Elliot to get some revenge then on Fernando but he seems to have just let it go, all a bit too soon for me.

Loved the scene with Wellick in the office with the 3 guys as well where they are talking and he turns and fires one of them who laughs it off then he fires all 3 of them.

As regards the F bombs, sort of unrelated but I was reading over the weekend how the gay sex scene in one of the earlier episodes killed the ratings for the show in the states. Haven't got the figures to hand but I think its viewership dropped by half off the back of that episode. God knows what a few F bombs thrown in would do! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its already been renewed anyway, got renewed before it even aired, so they can do what they want:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Axwell wrote: »
    A friend in the states gave me the heads up on this show on Friday afternoon.

That's how I heard of it too! Apparently very big over there, I reckon only a matter of time before it becomes very big over here and Britain. Brilliant show, now I'm two episodes behind so I might sneak off the thread for a bit to save myself from being spoiled :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

As regards the F bombs, sort of unrelated but I was reading over the weekend how the gay sex scene in one of the earlier episodes killed the ratings for the show in the states. Haven't got the figures to hand but I think its viewership dropped by half off the back of that episode. God knows what a few F bombs thrown in would do! :pac:

f-bomb-final_1_large.png?v=1432656359

Not sure where you read that (and I can't remember what episode number the episode was to which you refer) but ratings have been fairly consistent at 0.4-0.6 for the run.

Not all the DVR adjusted figures are out yet (since the show has only aired for 7 weeks, 8th week tonight), but the ratings seem to be increasing once DVR is counted so far.

Not sure where you read that (and I can't remember what episode number the episode was to which you refer) but ratings have been fairly consistent at 0.4-0.6 for the run.

Not all the DVR adjusted figures are out yet (since the show has only aired for 7 weeks, 8th week tonight), but the ratings seem to be increasing once DVR is counted so far.
    the ratings started at about 1.7 million, and seem to have declined to 1.15 million, the DVR ratings for the first 3 episodes are available, and its jumping up to 3 million,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-1.07-34

the problem is that people who watch USA probably dont expect this show, USA has kinda bubblegum tv shows, the only other show i would say was as smart as this on the channel was covert affairs (which was bubblegum tv but became so much more later on), and they cancelled that and kept suits, not that suits is a bad show, just CA was better,

USA i feel are trying to become the new AMC, trying to get critical success with their shows, but it seems their viewers are happier to stick with the status quo, white collar, graceland, suits and the likes,

don ramo wrote: »
    the ratings started at about 1.7 million, and seem to have declined to 1.15 million, the DVR ratings for the first 3 episodes are available, and its jumping up to 3 million,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-1.07-34

the problem is that people who watch USA probably dont expect this show, USA has kinda bubblegum tv shows, the only other show i would say was as smart as this on the channel was covert affairs (which was bubblegum tv but became so much more later on), and they cancelled that and kept suits, not that suits is a bad show, just CA was better,

USA i feel are trying to become the new AMC, trying to get critical success with their shows, but it seems their viewers are happier to stick with the status quo, white collar, graceland, suits and the likes,
    In fairness, for live numbers share is more important than number of viewers these days (arguably always, but let's not get bogged down in how silly Nielson is in this day and age). Even if you consider total viewers live, there hasn't been a single significant drop-off during the run. It has been slowly declining live, but unless there is a massive drop-off in DVR numbers its viewer-ship has not "dropped in half"

That's all I was really saying.

• Advertisement

In fairness, for live numbers share is more important than number of viewers these days (arguably always, but let's not get bogged down in how silly Nielson is in this day and age). Even if you consider total viewers live, there hasn't been a single significant drop-off during the run. It has been slowly declining live, but unless there is a massive drop-off in DVR numbers its viewer-ship has not "dropped in half"

That's all I was really saying.
    oh your dead right the share matters way more than the viewership, thankfully its doubled in the DVR ratings also, dvr is more inclined to remain more constant than live ratings, but like i already said it doesnt matter cause the show was already renewed anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I cannot wait for episode 8 tomorrow,great show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I cannot wait for episode 8 tomorrow,great show!

Oh it's a humdinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

what an episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Possibly the best episode so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep twas great. No other show atm gets my 100% attention like this one does.

I know it's in the title but still feel for the moment to avoid people stumbling over this eps details i'll spoiler this
    Wasn't really surprised with the Dad reveal but the Sister one was actually unexpected at least until she asked him if he had forgotten who she was again then it all clicked esp after her interaction with Angela previously. Think the dad role is the best move for Mr Robot and although there is more to it (he is also playing the role of Elliot in some scenes) I do remember likening his potential role to that of Dexters dad before and seeing that as one way that Slater could continue in the role long after the reveal of Mr Robot actually being Elliot happened.

can't wait to see where this goes from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Once you finish the last 10 minutes of this weeks episode, minor things suddenly start flooding back and things that you perceived in one way, now mean something entirely different.

Like the first time we meet Darlene
    "How did you know where I live?"
    "Why wouldn't I know where you live?"

What an incredible show. The writing in general, the interconnecting storylines that don't feel forced, the way the writers makes the audience second guess themselves with each passing episode, the feeling of being a person with schizophrenia. Very few shows deal with the Darknet sub-culture, and the fact that one of this first show that tackle it do with such skill is amazing to me.

It is very early days, but for me at least this is up there with True Detective S1 & The Wire.

This is by far and away the best show on television at the moment. The script, storyline, acting, ambiance, soundtrack, everything is all just so good that there's nothing on at the moment that compares to it in my opinion. I've not been this hooked on something since True Detective S1, and I think I'm enjoying this even more than that season.
    Oat23 wrote:
    humdinger

Unbelievably so.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

and the penny drops!

• Advertisement

now that is a reveal i did not see coming, the Mr Robot one not so much, but the darlene one was a superb one, thats how you do a great reveal, by the end of the show id say when you rewatch the series it will be like a completely different show, like when i rewatched fight club or the usual suspects, once you know the twist its like watching again for the first time,

i wonder if thats as far as the Mr Robot reveal will go, is he just elliots father, or is he also in elliots head, hes talking to more and more people, and is seems tyrell has something on him that matters, which i dont think he could have on elliot, so maybe he is elliots father and is alive and breathing,

its great that you still cant be 100% sure,

i was wondering what was going at the start with darlene and angela at the ballet class, seeing as it was the first time their paths crossed,

i kinda feel sorry for gideon, even elliot is, he doesnt seem happy using him to get what he wants, and id say by the end gideon will be left with noting but a ruined reputation, you can see hes slowly being driven crazy, its gonna be interesting to see how he and elliot interact going forward, as elliot said he actually is a very good person, he couldnt find any dirt on him at all,

tyrell wife is not gonna be happy, he deviated from the plan entirely, just supposed to get a few pictures, and a bit of blackmail, which being honest i dont think it would have worked anyway, and then she stabs herself to make it look like shes miscarrying, has she purposely done damage to the kid i wonder,

the show is just essential watching at this point, not many shows can draw you so fast,

Advertisement