Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was that Elliott with Tyrell in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

just saw new episode...my oh my. Didn't see the Darlene thing at all coming!

I know I shouldn't but I feel so bad for Tyrell. Like I know he did a terrible thing but I still have sympathy for his character, big credit to Martin Wallstrom for his acting for this.

The acting by all involved is great and the story is progressing brilliantly. Easily my favorite show on at the moment!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, just wow, 1 of the best episodes of TV I have seen in a very long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wow, how much can fit into one episode??

That was incredible, from the terrifying close up shots of Wallstrom to the surreal ending....this is the television highlight of 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Seems like some people here might be interested in a bit of a breakdown over what USA want so I'm gonna try and run through it here.

USA's whole branding is based around being the #1 watched cable station, for years they've been coasting on their standard USA style shows attracting a sizable audience in conjunction with sacrificing a reasonably significant sum of advertising revenue by putting a strong focus on WWE programming (extremely reliable high ratings, worthless demographic for advertising). The last few years have seen ratings for their own shows gradually but consistently drop off, they've temporarily put off losing their #1 status by adding more WWE hours but that's not a sustainable solution.
    Basically, they are in a position right now where they have to try new things. Live viewership is typically worth a lot more as far as ad revenue and the like goes, but USA, more than most channels, will be happy enough with significant DVR increases (enough to bring it to a level where it's not dragging down their overall average too much) if the show is showing some strong signs of traction online and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Amazing episode, It's like fight club. Never seen that coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Not often I ever get to say it about a TV show but the soundtrack has been consistently excellent and suits the tone of the show and it's scenes perfectly, really adds to building suspense on particular moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I must say the casting of Darlene was superb given the revelation in the latest episode that
    she is in fact Elliott's sister. You can can actually see the familial resemblance now in retrospect. They both have similar eyes and lips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Man, I called it about 6 weeks ago when I was talking to a friend of mine about this show (right after the pier push episode). Feeling pretty smug right now. :o

The way the revelation happened was fantastic though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So we're all agreed that this will undoubtedly be the best twist in the next TV Awards right? The Mr. Robot stuff we had figured and, you know, we were meant to be concentrating on that just so the Darlene reveal could hit us. Brilliantly done. And in retrospect it actually makes sense - lots of little clues that I never looked at because I was focused on the Mr. Robot piece.

The production values here are streets ahead of USA's other shows (and I do watch quite a few of them). It's one show where even when the title card 'Mr. Robot' appears, there's always a great piece of music playing over a beautifully filmed shot. This was no exception.

I'm still not 100% sure his dad his dead - did Angela ever confirm it? I mean he could be turning up now because Darlene phoned him when she realised Elliott was having a break down. The scene with Tyrell suggests something more.

Best new show of the year and one of the best currently airing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Angela says it when she leaves from the dinner they are all attending at their bosses house. She says thats how her and elliots fathers died when the story comes up on the news. But theres still a possibility Mr Robot is not a figment of his imagination created to avenge or cope with his fathers death. The Darlene thing caught us by suprise and that to me the whole Mr Robot thing seemed so obvious that i was sure it was gonna be the big reveal and then you get hit with Darlene. Wouldnt surprise me now if we found out Mr Robot is actually his father whos somehow alive, as much as ive been saying early on hes just part of Elliots imagination and figure it will play out that way but they just keep putting in little bits of doubt every now and then that make you question it as a red herring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

At the beginning of the episode during the ballet scene, I was like :wtf: did I miss an episode? Then with the reveal at the end I was blown away. I almost feel like starting to watch the season again from the start and it isn't even over!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

At the beginning of the episode during the ballet scene, I was like :wtf: did I miss an episode? Then with the reveal at the end I was blown away. I almost feel like starting to watch the season again from the start and it isn't even over!

I assumed they had met before and that I just have awful memory XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I knew I shouldn't have deleted they old episodes yet. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭squonk

One of the finest 40 odd minutes of television I've watched in quite a while! This show is just getting better and better. I love the fact that I just never saw the Darlene thing coming. Even better I stilld on't know what the real deal with Mr. Robot is. It's not often I'm blown away by a show but it's happening here. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My email site has been struggling since yesterday.They have shut registrations now. Everyone wants to be like Elliot :pac:

nuhUAm9.png

"
    Due to high demand, we have hit our capacity limit. We are adding servers constantly and will send you an invitation as soon as possible.

"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm slightly concerned that if they make it conclusive whether mr Robot is alive or dead that the greatest mystery in the show will be solved and it will be less interesting. Can they continue this onto season 2? I guess if the main character becomes more of an unreliable narrator.

As to the Darlene reveal, i wasn't that excited about it. Don't really like the character and it was more a reveal that Elliots memories are messed up. now if it turned out she was all in his head or Elliot was actually Darlene and he was doing the ballet..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭reece289

I'm slightly concerned that if they make it conclusive whether mr Robot is alive or dead that the greatest mystery in the show will be solved and it will be less interesting. Can they continue this onto season 2? I guess if the main character becomes more of an unreliable narrator.

As to the Darlene reveal, i wasn't that excited about it. Don't really like the character and it was more a reveal that Elliots memories are messed up. now if it turned out she was all in his head or Elliot was actually Darlene and he was doing the ballet..

Can't fully remember what was in all the photo's with him as a child but considering his dad died when he was 8/9/10 is it possible he is his step father?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

reece289 wrote: »
    Can't fully remember what was in all the photo's with him as a child but considering his dad died when he was 8/9/10 is it possible he is his step father?
    did they say his dad died, i thought it was his mother died from the chemical exposure that evil corp covered up,

im currently swinging that mr robot is alive, cause tyrell seemed to have only met elliot in the first episode, i didnt get a vibe that they knew each other previous to that encounter, but then tyrell seems to have dirt on mr robot, which i dont think he could have on elliot, so whatever it is he got previous to the start date of the show, meaning mr robot is alive,

mr robot probably already tried to attack evil corp and failed and tyrell might have seen his as a useful tool in the future, but now mr robot has teamed up with his son to have another go, and maybe thats why tyrell made sure he bumped into elliot and tried to recruit him, he knows hes mr robots son,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's actually a bit annoying that christian Slater is so much older than elliot. It would have been a great reveal if Elliot was the made up persona and Mr robot the real person (being the brother of Darlene, childhood friend of Angela). i tend to agree that Mr Robot is probably alive as he met Tyrell but could be like Fight Club so we can't trust any scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

If Mr. Robot is Elliot's Dad and also alive it makes the scene where he pushed Elliot off the boardwalk when talking about his Dad so much more interesting. And a bit funny.
    "He's forgotten who I am again..." *pushes him off the edge*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That episode was probably the best one yet - cant wait for the next episode

The ballet scene makes so much sense now, with the two talking and Darlene saying, "but you know how it is", and about 20 years. I remember first thinking, but how would she know, they've only just met recently ... but it just clicks together so perfectly. The Mr. Robot being the father sort of makes sense, but Darlene and him being brother and sister.. completely out of nowhere, but it was made obvious so often, but you just didn't think about it.

What I love are the fourth wall breakers, where he addresses us. In any other show, it would be so cheesy, but everything about is just right. Loved right after the reveal about the brother and sister, he's on the train asking if we knew, if we were in on it .. really smart when we sort of were, but weren't, but then he just starts freaking out with the camera.

I loved when he first started seeing the photos, it was a really great sleight, because of everyone suspecting the fact that Mr Robot and him were the same person, but as the photos go on, you see him as a child with Mr. Robot.

Thinking about the ballet scene again.. does that mean that the blonde (I'm super bad at remembering names) knew about the fact they were brother and sister?

Thinking about the ballet scene again.. does that mean that the blonde (I'm super bad at remembering names) knew about the fact they were brother and sister?
    angela, yeah of course she does, she and elliot are best friend, they grew up together, remember at the party when they were talking about how they tried to run away when they were 8, so of course she knows its his sister, and obviously they talk regularly, they were on about how elliot is doing, darlene said hes having a bad month, and angela said a bad 20 years, so this is noting new thats hes confused,

looking back at that house party episode in gideons, when the news came on angela said her mother and elliots father, she didnt say they died but it was insinuated they did, so if he did die, maybe mr robot adopted them or is an uncle or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Darlene!!!!! I did not see that one coming. I'm still convinced Mr Robot is Elliot's dad who died and is now a split persona for Elliot. When Tyrell was talking with his wife he said something like "awhile ago, I met a tech.... ", referring to Elliot I think, and I'm convinced that was Elliot in the car with Tyrell. After all, Tyrell did ask Elliot to work for him. He was impressed by him, and now Tyrell is referring the the tech as "God" in conversations with his wife.

Elliot defragments people in his mind into pieces which he can just erase or "delete" as he says himself when he destroys evidence of a hack, just as he has done in real life with darlene and Mr Robot.

It seems like he has a paranoid schizophrenic, split personality and disassociative disorder. He's not taking his medications during this season, I think now that he has gained insight into just how confusing and scary a place his mind has become, he may begin to start taking them and we the viewers will finally see what is actually going on around Elliot in clearer vision.

And Tyrell's wife didn't stab herself, she broke her waters so that they would have to go to the hospital to avoid Tyrell being questioned. He's really falling apart,i can't wait to see where his story goes. Slightly disappointed he didn't turn out to be white rose!

Darlene!!!!! I did not see that one coming. I'm still convinced Mr Robot is Elliot's dad who died and is now a split persona for Elliot. When Tyrell was talking with his wife he said something like "awhile ago, I met a tech.... ", referring to Elliot I think, and I'm convinced that was Elliot in the car with Tyrell. After all, Tyrell did ask Elliot to work for him. He was impressed by him, and now Tyrell is referring the the tech as "God" in conversations with his wife.

yeah but when tyrell was talking to mr robot in the car, he threated him that he knew something that could damage him, some dirty little secret that others around him wouldnt want to know, whereas hes only met elliot, and weve seen all their interactions, so what could he have on elliot,
    And Tyrell's wife didn't stab herself, she broke her waters so that they would have to go to the hospital to avoid Tyrell being questioned. He's really falling apart,i can't wait to see where his story goes. Slightly disappointed he didn't turn out to be white rose!

she did stab herself they showed the thongs thing she done it with and it had blood on it, and it was hard to make out but im sure that was blood on the ground, may have been waters, but she definitely stabbed herself,

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Elliot is an unreliable narrator so we don't know what interactions between the two we have or have not been privy to. Tyrell is aware that Elliot is behind the framing Colby scandal so that could be what he is threatening him with, or it could be something entirely different.

When you break your waters you use something sharp, there's a gush of water, blood and mucus will be all over the sharp implement you used, all of which was present in that scene, so there's nothing to suggest she randomly stabbed herself, if she wanted to pretend she broke her waters all she would have to do would be to throw water on the floor, the bloody instrument indicates that she wasn't faking it.

Elliot is an unreliable narrator so we don't know what interactions between the two we have or have not been privy to. Tyrell is aware that Elliot is behind the framing Colby scandal so that could be what he is threatening him with, or it could be something entirely different.

it seemed something much more than that, elliots friends are fsociety, and they know he framed colby, when elliot and tyrell first met it didnt seem tyrell ever met elliot before, and if he did have leverage on him then why did he offer him a job a e corp, id say mr robot framed colby for tyrell, cause tyrell had something on him and blackmailed him, but then it backfired on tyrell cause someone else got the job, but id say he knows mr robot is still trying to take down e corp, and he probably wants to be the one to save the day,
    When you break your waters you use something sharp, there's a gush of water, blood and mucus will be all over the sharp implement you used, all of which was present in that scene, so there's nothing to suggest she randomly stabbed herself, if she wanted to pretend she broke her waters all she would have to do would be to throw water on the floor, the bloody instrument indicates that she wasn't faking it.

oh yeah i always hear of people cutting themselves to break their waters, you know sitting in a restaurant and just grab a knife off the table,

as i said it probably was waters, she probably penetrated the sack, grand of theres a doctor around to do, but i doubt many people do it to themselves, its not a common thing,

of course she randomly stabbed herself, the thing hardly walked itself up there and got blood on it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

J8dLWVp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the secret Tyrell has in Mr Robot is that he's supposed to be dead. Since Elliot keeps forgetting people and relationships, like Darlene, I wonder if we'll actually see it happen. Every season just starts with him forgetting everything again.

Advertisement