Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Only just finished episode 3 but I'm 99% convinced Mr robot is a Tyler durden. Great show, really loving the main character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think the secret Tyrell has in Mr Robot is that he's supposed to be dead. Since Elliot keeps forgetting people and relationships, like Darlene, I wonder if we'll actually see it happen. Every season just starts with him forgetting everything again.
    Like he faked his death but Darlene is the only one that knows (slash can remember)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Elliot's dad faked his death and, yeah, I assume Darlene knows he's her dad which is why she's loyal to him and wants to get the gang back together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

And now we have our answer. This show really does not disappoint. One of the best seasons of television I have ever seen and we still have a top notch finale to look forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can't wait for next week's finale. Also there is supposed to be a very important scene that occurs after the credits of next week's episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Can't wait for next week's finale. Also there is supposed to be a very important scene that occurs after the credits of next week's episode.
    it was shown on American TV last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

BigEejit wrote: »
    it was shown on American TV last night

Last nights was only episode 9, there's another one next week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

"You knew all along didn't you"

and then that song at the end.... awesome. This show really has exceeded expectations and tbh The last 2 episodes could have easily made good season finales

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

and then that song at the end.... awesome.

That was the one bit that annoyed me to be honest. It has enough similarities to Fight Club already which I didn't mind without needing to use that track as well.

Another great episode though and really looking forward to the finale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Axwell wrote: »
    That was the one bit that annoyed me to be honest. It has enough similarities to Fight Club already which I didn't mind without needing to use that track as well.

Another great episode though and really looking forward to the finale.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that it was not at the end of last weeks huge episode or next weeks season finale meaning its going to be a slightly less pivotal and brought up time and again moment they decided to use it for or that it was obviously a wink to fight club that made me not mind (and that its a great song that did fit the moment well).

They know people are going to make that connection and yet they didn't care in fact that was probably the reason they used it and in many ways it will now signify the end of the Fight club talk from fans just like it did the end of fight club itself.

for similar reasons I really liked the above mentioned "you knew all along" line Elliot says to us (or to whoever it is you want to say it is that Elliot has created within his head and narrates to). They are acknowledging that they knew people saw the Fight club "twist" coming but they damn well seem confident that they have a whole lot more to offer than just that and I believe in them after watching the first 9 episodes.

Can't wait to see what they have in mind for a season finale after the last 2 eps now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

This show just continues to impress. There was the twist I was expecting from episode 1 but it didn't seem like some cliche that's been done to death. It's very different from Fight Club in that they've only revealed what viewers should have already suspected. Still so many questions. Can't wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

That song at the end is a Piano cover of something.I know the words in my head but just cant nail the song.Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That song at the end is a Piano cover of something.I know the words in my head but just cant nail the song.Anyone?
    Where is my Mind by The Pixies.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

maxence cyrin where is my mind
    is the actual panio cover you can find it on spotify and youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

miralize wrote: »
    Where is my Mind by The Pixies.

which was played at the end of Fight Club as the buildings came down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I wonder where they will go with season 2. Regardless of what happens in the finale without the ambiguity of Mr.Robot's role/background the show will be missing an important element that has made this season interesting. I hope it won;t be like Lost where they try to keep introducing unanswered questions every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Another top notch episode.I liked the music at the end, a little nod to Fight club.

If the last two episodes are any marker, the finale will be immense .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh man, when Phillip finally fires Tyrell in that scene, the music that comes in when it cuts back to Tyrell is epic! Best use of music in a scene ever!

359293.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Watched all 9 episodes in 2 days. Great new show.

I love how some scenes make no sense at first and then you learn more as it goes along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

id say i had the stupidest smile on my face when the pixes song started playing in piano, i was watching it with someone who hasnt seen fight club (really dunno why were friends;)), and he must've thought i was mental, and you cant explain it either:D

another cracking episode, they just keep coming, even though we suspected all along im still surprised, a few nods and hints here and there gave hope he was alive, that meeting he had with weller in the back of the SUV really made me believe he was alive, cause i really couldnt see what he was talking about if it was elliot, and i still dunno what it was, he has dirt on elliot that could do damage to his image of those he knows,

angela has a real dilemma on her hands, and id say her first years wages at E Corp would get her and her father out from under their debts, that and i think she might get tyrells job, whos job wouldve probably be ****ed anyway when elliot executed his plan, which he might do yet, not knowing angela could suffer the consequences,

its gonna be interesting to see if tyrell is actually gonna work with elliot and attack E Corp, cause if he manages to stop it and prove it he could get his job back, and i wonder if his misuses would want him back unless he gets his job back,

gideon id say is totally ****ed, and it looks like the entire IT division of E Corp is currently out of commission, and even if he managed to get the honey pot back, hed save the day, but E Corp are gonna dump his company anyway,

• Advertisement

They know people are going to make that connection and yet they didn't care in fact that was probably the reason they used it and in many ways it will now signify the end of the Fight club talk from fans just like it did the end of fight club itself.

Personally as a big fan of the film and the book I see loads of parallels between it and Mr Robot in every episode and I am sure they will continue as Esmail is clearly a big fan of Palahniuk and Finchers works. That 'twist' if you want to call it is the most obvious and its a clear homage to the film by Esmail when they play the music and that scene occurs. They know people have figured things out and they are acknowledging it, not pretending to have tricked you and now given some big twist you didnt expect..they literally get Elliot to nod to the viewer saying "You knew all along didn't you".

But forgetting that one parallel with the character there's the whole premise of what Elliot is doing. He is trying to instill chaos among civilisation and show them whats wrong with the world by taking down corporate America, the same as Project Mayhem - both wanted to 'save the world'. Its nearly like he is a continuation of that plan put in place in Fight Club except years later using technology and hacking as the method.

Elliots girlfriend Shayla is a drug dealer, not a hundred miles off a young Helena Bonham Carter and her character in Fight club.

The way the scenes are shot - the whole going beyond the 4th wall and narration of the show, using exposition to explain hacking terms like a rootkit similar to explaining how to make the best soap.

In fact the very last few frames are even more mind blowing if you have seen the film and look at things as a mirror...being that the title of the episode is "Mirroring" which already ties in with all the previous references..for those that have seen Fight Club they will be familiar with the ending
    - the scene with Ed Norton after he has shot himself with the gun in the mouth and he and Marla are looking out through large panes of glass at the falling buildings. We end the episode of Mr Robot from the opposite side..us looking through the panes of glass of the popcorn machine..looking in at Mr Robot/Elliot..and the gun..its buried in the popcorn where Darlene left it in a previous episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Ok, am not reading earlier posts cos ive just watched the first episode but I'm ALL IN on this show.

" Bon Soir, Elliot " Jesus Christ. Wish it wasnt so late so I could watch more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

den87 wrote: »
    Ok, am not reading earlier posts cos ive just watched the first episode but I'm ALL IN on this show.

" Bon Soir, Elliot " Jesus Christ. Wish it wasnt so late so I could watch more.

There's a part of me that would love to be you right now... you could time it nicely to the finale. This waiting a week lark is killing me. I wish I was only told about this show on Tuesday... as in next Tuesday, so I could binge it to the finale :p

Re the end song
    Maybe it's an homage to Fight Club, but then maybe they just said "Feck it, it's called where is my mind, and yeah Fight Club did it, but it's the most fitting song, so let's just go with it and be damned the similiarities. Just throwing that out there :pac: Either way I had a silly grin on my face thinking "Niiiice".

Edit: The popcorn thing at the end, not sure that was a 'mirror' of Fight Club analogy or anything
    with the gun
    , as Axwell said, I sort of interpretted that as more of a "Sit back with some popcorn and watch the show" sort of messaging. Could be wrong though.

The last 2 episodes have been so amazing that I can't wait to see what they pull out next week. I will definitely watch the whole season again, but might wait until closer to season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At one point at the beginning Elliot said something to Mr Robot, who then looked at the camera, followed by going over to the window. So was wondering was he actually looking at us or was it just the positioning at the time? Think was after Elliot asked how he's alive or something that we may know the answer to.

And meant to say before, Rami's performance was brilliant, maybe because we're used to seeing him so laid back.

Still find the dipping at swearing a bit annoying. Not so much the censorship, but the fact it's so obvious. Like saying how his volume is appropriate then it dips.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I love the way the episode titles for the 10 episodes are 10 different types of media file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Amazing episode, It's like fight club. Never seen that coming.

I called it last week, I could see the similarities :)

CastorTroy wrote: »

Still find the dipping at swearing a bit annoying. Not so much the censorship, but the fact it's so obvious. Like saying how his volume is appropriate then it dips.

Funny, I was just thinking at how much I prefer that to them either avoiding the word altogether or bleeping it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Funny, I was just thinking at how much I prefer that to them either avoiding the word altogether or bleeping it.

Me too.

Advertisement